+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Tree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Help this underdog win a dimension Key

Default Tree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Help this underdog win a dimension Key

Hi dimensioneers! My name is Sveita and I've worked really hard on what I consider to be a super cool dimension. It has a campsite, a small house, a tree house and a bunch of other fun goodies to see!

Tree House Retreat - Svieta - Wolfsbane

The problem is is that my guild is very very small and without heavy support from the dimension community I have very little chance of anyone even seeing my dimension. If you guys would be so great as to get over to Wolfsbane and check it out and upvote it if you like it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Saw your reply in another thread and already made a note of your dimension! I'll make sure to come by and visit! Good luck in the contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Saw your reply in another thread and already made a note of your dimension! I'll make sure to come by and visit! Good luck in the contest!
    Appreciate it! I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I rarely succeed in popularity contests, but just having people see my dimension will be a pretty cool reward in and of itself.

The dimension community here rocks by the way.

Hey guys, one more thing. Does anyone have any tips to get total strangers to visit my dimension. So far advertising in chat has done little good. Anyone who has figured out how to get alot of traffic, can you please give me some tips.

And don't forget to check out my dimension on Wolfsbane. Tree House Retreat. Svieta.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

If you join /DimensionAddicts@Deepwood, that can put you in contact with people in your cluster but not on your shard, to at least get you some more hits on your dimensions. I have tourists on every shard, but 99% are still level 1 and can't vote . Since my bigger kids are on cluster 1, I wish I could help you by a cross-shard invite, but I cannot. There are, however, quite a few people in the deepwood channel that are on Cluster 2.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    If you join /DimensionAddicts@Deepwood, that can put you in contact with people in your cluster but not on your shard, to at least get you some more hits on your dimensions. I have tourists on every shard, but 99% are still level 1 and can't vote . Since my bigger kids are on cluster 1, I wish I could help you by a cross-shard invite, but I cannot. There are, however, quite a few people in the deepwood channel that are on Cluster 2.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. At this point I'm just hoping to be in the top 10. Right now I'm at 15th, can't get many people to take two minutes to come take a look at it.

Again, if anyone is on Wolfsbane or has a dimension hopper come take a look. I worked really hard and I think it's pretty good dimension. Also if anyone does check it out and has some tips or feedback, I always welcome that.

Tree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Svieta

Gah I don't know how to edit my posts so I guess I'll just add a new one. I posted this in the Three-Springs contest thread but I figure it would be better in my own thread.

I figure if I posted some screenshots you all would be more excited to come check it out. Even if you can't come check it out I would appreciate some feedback.

Tree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Help this underdog win a dimension Key-2013-07-04_132543.jpgTree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Help this underdog win a dimension Key-2013-07-04_132446.jpgTree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Help this underdog win a dimension Key-2013-07-04_132254.jpgTree House Retreat - Wolfsbane - Help this underdog win a dimension Key-2013-07-04_132221.jpg

There is more than this to see, this is just a small sample of the dimension. Please come check it out. Again, the dimension community here is so awesome and helpful.

Oh, that is lovely. I think adding pictures like this in your thread is a great way to get visitors. I'll be leveling a toon on WB to voting age to give you a hand.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Oh, that is lovely. I think adding pictures like this in your thread is a great way to get visitors. I'll be leveling a toon on WB to voting age to give you a hand.
    That's really generous of you. I don't even know what to say except . . . Thanks!

Well after a ton of hard work (and getting outside of my comfort zone to advertise) I am up to about 5th place on my shard. I am still about 50 below the current 1st place so I have very little chance, but I just wanted to tell everyone from this community that came to check it out, thank you! You guys are so supportive and fun.

Also Trion, if you want, you can take the top 20 from each shard and pick your favorite. I wouldn't even be sad if I lost that way. At least I would know the winner was a worthy one.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

I swung by Wolfsbane and looked at this one, and it is very nice. I also saw the top-rated dimension but I will reserve my commentary on that one so as not to hijack or derail your thread.

I know it's very difficult to promote yourself, but keep after it. If people only ever see garbage, they'll think garbage is normal. Your dimension is not garbage, so put it out there and don't be nervous to do so!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I will definately go this evening op

Telaran

I stopped by last night and really liked the tree top spread.Felt like sitting down for some food and wine.Nicely done!

Thanks you guys, for the kind words. It makes me glad to know that you like what I've done with the place. I've advertized in chat but I must not be witty enough because it rarely does much good.

I'm actually ready to get working on it again (since I'm short about 100 items from my current max) so if anyone has any good ideas for a vacation spot I'm open to ideas. I tried to hit all the things I do for fun in real life. Archery, reading, sleeping, camping, eating, eating, eating. I can certainly add more platforms to the tree house if anyone has any fun vacation activities I missed.

Edit: Oh by the way Alleriana, I went to your "Home for the Holidays" dimension and thought it was so beautiful. Especially the pool in the front of the house and the beautiful shape of the "windows" in the living room. Great work!
    Last edited by Guen; 07-06-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Default Set Dressing

One of the most wonderful things I love to see in dimensions is creative use of items to make them look like other items. I too came and visited your dimension and loved some of the subtle and clever use of items. My wife and I were looking at the dinner plates figuring out which items use use to make the various consumables. It was inspirational in that you set dressed wonderfully re-purposing things in ways I had not seen on other dimensions. For that I congratulate you.

I stayed and looked at a half dozen dimensions, some with very few votes, that were still wonderful. I saw that Wolfsbane has a lot of entrants in the contest, and it looks like the voting is rather concentrated. A very populated server means a lot of decent dimensions get over looked, and some of them are very good. I have some empathy for those facing so much competition to get noticed. I think it makes the competition all the more tense because smaller shard will have and advantage over popular shards in terms of who ultimately gets a key. There could be ten 99/.100 shards on Wolfsbane and a 50/100 wins on another shard.

The whole contest just is messed up. It is a public relations disaster for Trion. I do not know who at Trion though this up, but they did not think about the realities of human behavior with scarcity and the population distribution of dimension engineers per shard. If they ever think to do this again they need to let folks actually enter a contest (so folks can choose to enter or not enter) and have it judged by impartial judges. Otherwise they will slowly erode the wonderful dimension community.
    Last edited by Mals; 07-06-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
    Dangerous when amused... and you are funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast