+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zyonyx

Thread: Hanging gourd lamp... what's the trick?

Default Hanging gourd lamp... what's the trick?

Since the hanging gourd lamps are beautiful, I thought about using them in my dimension. I tried to put one, and I was not disappointed; it lights up the place wonderfully.

Hanging gourd lamp... what's the trick?-2013-07-02_003554.jpg

Delighted, I tried to place other lamps around the house, but I only got this:

Hanging gourd lamp... what's the trick?-2013-07-02_003037.jpg

The lamp gives light, but it doesn't light up with that really nice inner glow effect. I've not been able to make the gourds light up, it only works near the tub... so, what's the trick? I thought perhaps it was being near other lights, but it doesn't seem to be the case :\ anyone got any help?

I haven't seen this item yet, but could it be a day/night thing? It's all I can really think of.

It's one of the items you can get from the Nug quartermasters... you can get them from the Morban quartermaster, which is located at around 13490,7510 in Morban, near Black Strand Only prerequisite to access them is to have done the quest chain that starts in the northeast of Seratos

I don't think it's tied to night/day... if I move the lamp far from the tub it stops having its inner glow, but if I move it back it starts having it again :\ I tried moving the camera around, but the lamps just don't light up... it weird!

(edited because I wrote it wrong)
    Last edited by Snags; 07-01-2013 at 03:03 PM.

I bought one and just played with it for a bit. The only thing I can come up with is it's proximity to a wall. Getting it close to a wall (doesn't even have to be touching) greatly reduces the light it puts out.

If you're seeing light loss when it's not near a wall then sorry, I've got nothing. Hopefully someone else can think of something.

The lamp was yellow-orangey or dark, but radiating light? My problem is that I can't manage to have them show as coloured, they stay dark...

It looks like there's something bugged about these. I tested them and ran into the problem even when they weren't close to any other objects. At certain angles the inner glow simply disappears.

Maybe shrink a candle down and put it inside of it? Or enlarge it a tiny bit, then shrink a chunk of sourcestone down and put it inside?

Might give you that glow you're looking for. I'd submit a bug report though.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread