+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By talhu

Thread: First Dimension. :D Feedback apprecaited.

Soulwalker

Default First Dimension. :D Feedback apprecaited.

Hello fellow Rifters. Just a quickie about myself: I've played Rift since Closed Beta off and on. I recently came back and am enjoying myself quite a bit. I've discovered the fun of dimensions and I love to create, so this has pleased me!

My dimension may be small, but don't let that fool you, there's a lot to see.

The name of the dimension is "The Glade" and it is on the Faeblight server.

As you enter The Glade, you will see a charming pond front with a small fishing boat, and an ivy-covered tavern to the right with archery targets. Fishing is encouraged while you're here!

As you run up the path to the left of your spawn point, you'll cross under a ginormous tree, which will lead to some stone stairs. Take the stairs up to a sakura canopy where a shrine is located. Continuing to the right and past the canopy, you will find another building with amenities befitting any adventurer. Enjoy the subtle ambiance lighting, a comfortable place to rest your weary head, and plenty of mead and food to devour. There is, of course, a balcony view of the pond, waterfalls, and cherry tree twists with a picnic bench, which seats six, on the balcony for a social get-together. Enjoy looking up at the starry sky? Don't worry, we've got that inner-astronomer covered, with a complete bedroll and place to record what you've seen through the telescope. And what resort-type get-away is complete without a hot springs? Enjoy a multi-tiered mineral hot springs right next to the balcony and waterfall. There is also a private hot springs just outside the front entrance to the building which is overlooked by a variety of dragon skeletons. Being on vacation is no reason to let your skill get rusty, brush up at our target range, with a complete dummy selection, including a healing target.

I hope your stay is an enjoyable one, with many returns. ^_^

Thanks for checking out The Glade!

Very nice!

There's another Dim on FB with the same name, and I accidentally went there first and couldn't figure out why it didn't match your description.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    Very nice!

There's another Dim on FB with the same name, and I accidentally went there first and couldn't figure out why it didn't match your description.
    Thanks! And... that's weird. Because I specifically searched for that name to make sure it wasn't taken. I'll update my post to better reflect my IGN.

Edit: Ooooorr... I won't edit it, because I can't.
    Last edited by talhu; 06-29-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by talhu View Post
    Thanks! And... that's weird. Because I specifically searched for that name to make sure it wasn't taken. I'll update my post to better reflect my IGN.
    The other one was probably listed after you had already made yours public. With so many people making Dims, coming up with the same name is bound to happen sooner or later. You could always list it as "Talhu's Glade".

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyonyx View Post
    The other one was probably listed after you had already made yours public. With so many people making Dims, coming up with the same name is bound to happen sooner or later. You could always list it as "Talhu's Glade".
    I could do that, definitely not a bad idea. But I wanted the dimension to be "everyone's", not just mine. ;)

Soulwalker

Hey guys, I went ahead and uploaded some screenshots. I still can't edit my original post, so they're gonna be here.

(IMGUR wasn't uploading for some reason)
    A Charming Pond Front
    The Canopy
    The Resort
    The Balcony View

Enjoy, and remember, these are better in-person.
    Last edited by talhu; 06-30-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Soulwalker

Just wanted to give this a bump. I'm plenty open to critique!

Oh Talhu that looks beautiful! I'll have to stop by and visit in person!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh Talhu that looks beautiful! I'll have to stop by and visit in person!
    Thanks I look forward to some feedback. I worked really hard on it, but I feel as if it isn't complete!

I really like the use of orbs. +
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by talhu View Post
    Hey guys, I went ahead and uploaded some screenshots. I still can't edit my original post, so they're gonna be here.

(IMGUR wasn't uploading for some reason)
    A Charming Pond Front
    The Canopy
    The Resort
    The Balcony View

Enjoy, and remember, these are better in-person.
    Damn you for posting screenshots! Now I'm intrigued and need to check it out!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    Damn you for posting screenshots! Now I'm intrigued and need to check it out!
    Please let me know what you think! ^^

What skills level does it take to fish there?

And, what Dimension are you using?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Baalok View Post
    What skills level does it take to fish there?

And, what Dimension are you using?
    it's a 150 fishing level, and it's Moonshade Pools

+ Reply to Thread