• 1 Post By Arcaengel
  • 2 Post By Kitasia
  • 1 Post By GoSabres
  • 2 Post By Tamarama
  • 1 Post By Kitasia

Thread: Thoughts On What Trion Could Do With Dimensions

Soulwalker

Default Thoughts On What Trion Could Do With Dimensions

Just a quick thought: if Trion focused semi-heavily on putting a lot more content specifically for dimensions - and here's the kicker, integrating an almost Sims-ish aspect into this game - they would make a KILLING. Imagine that - it'd be almost a game within a game - attracting tons more people, and making more money on Dimension only things they offered on the cash shop. Shoot I'd pay for stuff.

Thoughts?

Soulwalker

I would pay for intractable items. I.E. Bank, trainers, mailboxes, crafting stations, NPCs, mounts being able to be put down, pets being able to be put down, Dummies that held used armor, etc.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Being involved in Dimensions since BETA a part of me wants Trion to gallop harder another part of me understands the reigns as Trion takes into consideration all its games, resources, costs and most of all technical. The biggest hurdle (if there is one) that I can foresee purely as a gamer is ensuring that all other content that comes out is not hindered or Dimensions would have to be a game all on their own and Im not ready to part from my Rift buddies who I adore just yet but who do not build dimensions *chuckles*

I am so glad to see achievements instilled and more items with movement.

I would love to see more aimed toward Guild Dimensions and as guilds begin to reach level 25 in the next few months I'm positive more will develop as developers get to see Dimensions used in their full original plan before making the next steps.

The future of Dimensions gets brighter every patch.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 06-28-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Telaran

Default Dimension thoughts

1. Allow your dimension to be offered as a PVP location. To do so you'd have to have a large dimension and place two markers, Defiant and Guardian, at least x amount of distance apart. Then, in the PVP screen, you could pick "Random Dimension". You could not participate in PVP in your own dimension because you'd have an unfair advantage (though you could watch).

2. Allow us to mark our dimensions as "Puzzle Dimensions". For example, on Wolfsbane I built the "Aaamazing Maze" (shameless plug) which is a puzzle. It's a maze with one entrance and one exit. Some people have made other kinds of puzzles, such as jumping, etc.

3. Sell some sort of "log book" that you can put in your dimension for visitors to sign. This would be really cool in my maze, for example. I could put it at the exit and then see who actually was able to complete the maze and who wasn't.

4. Allow our companion pets to live inside the dimension. All of them walking around at once. They would follow physics--i.e. stay within fenced areas.

5. Add stables for mounts to hang out in.

6. More interactive items in general--something to make the dimensions feel more "alive".

7. Make the chairs so that toons can actually sit in them for real.

8. Fix the rain orb to make it actually useful, i.e. it rains outside but not inside.

9. Allow us to set houses in our dimensions to editable separately from the rest of the items, or to furnish them and rent them out as houses to people too lazy to make their own dimensions.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Would it not just be easy to say title ones own dimension? ie:

Puzzle - Name
    PvP - Name
    RP - Name
    Pre 2.3 - Name
    Post 2.3 - Name

Lots of things answered on today's livestream at Trion Worlds where technical issues are the main reasons interactive items/animals etc have not been added so far.

Soulwalker

id like to see a counter on the size of an item in order to make sure that all your times fo the same type are the same size. For example a number ranging from 1-100 whould do nicely. I know u can look at em and make sure they are "roughly" the same size. But i want a number on my little change size bar so i can make sure all my lamps are exactly the same size.
    Last edited by Arcaengel; 08-05-2013 at 01:33 PM.

My thoughts are more more more gimmie more ...I am so sorry Faratha more item count I know you pushed for what we have now ... but more muahahaah more. Go bat your eyes and shake that booty at the coder guys. Tell them pweese we need the engine to push a bit more.

I know most people dont need more space. Just nutty people like me. I also want to say thank you for lvl 5 and thank you for at least keeping the credit price for the upgrade in the range of a rex. That was greatly appreciated . Funny thing is I never thought I would use credits for any thing I could use plat on. However the upgrades were so easy with the cost being around 1 rex. Would I do it again ? You bet ya. I am currently trying to get my plat back to my comfort lvl to buy a rex for a different dims upgrade.

More also means more of what your doing. You guys are doing a awesome job. So thank you for the hours you put in for us. Though I personally say yuck to pvp in dims. Thank you for giving it to the peoples who really wanted it. Its a huge leap forward.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arcaengel View Post
    id like to see a counter on the size of an item in order to make sure that all your times fo the same type are the same size. For example a number ranging from 1-100 whould do nicely. I know u can look at em and make sure they are "roughly" the same size. But i want a number on my little change size bar so i can make sure all my lamps are exactly the same size.
    That would be nice. And maybe an angular numeric value as well, for when you're laying out items over a large area, or an 'off angle' that it matches up.

I also wouldn't mind a little more flexibility in the object sizing. I've ran into a few times where an object might be 'perfect' if I could just lengthen it instead of increasing all it's dimensions when sizing.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    My thoughts are more more more gimmie more ...I am so sorry Faratha more item count I know you pushed for what we have now ... but more muahahaah more.
    Trion may add another tier of item count to smaller dimensions but when Trion said there were engineering limitations to how large dimensions can go, they meant it.

Halls of Shaping, at 5000 items, is really pushing the boundries. Lag, mid dimension reloading, lighting effects not working and toolbox bizzarity are very obvious once you're over the 4000 item count.

Keep agitating though, Kit. Our personal dimensions are nowhere near that limit

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Trion may add another tier of item count to smaller dimensions but when Trion said there were engineering limitations to how large dimensions can go, they meant it.

Halls of Shaping, at 5000 items, is really pushing the boundries. Lag, mid dimension reloading, lighting effects not working and toolbox bizzarity are very obvious once you're over the 4000 item count.

Keep agitating though, Kit. Our personal dimensions are nowhere near that limit
    I would love to see personal dimensions with alot higher limit. Not many people will use 4000 or 5000 but I sure would. I dont build in guild dimensions. But ohh wow the thought of 5000 items is almost intoxicating even 4000 is oooo******ic. It is nice to know what number things go all weird so I will shoot for 4000 in ALL personal dims not just dormant core. I know its silly to think about 4000 in a starter dim but it would be nice to have it as an option.

One more thing I thought of when I was sleeping. Ok I had a nightmare of. Long story, scary dream. The green barrier it drives me nuts. Not its location. The fact that after you go to 3 dims touring or change toons 3 times or go though 3 of any loading screen. It bugs out almost always and you just see this big green bubble anywhere you are in the dim. Not just when your close up. I would love if it could be clear. Just like the barrier you cant get through further out.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I'm more interested in what we can do for each other because Dimensions are organic and different every single axis, it is impossible to keep evolving as a full game and cater to every Dimension need. I am more keen to ask for nothing until Dimension WF's occur, until 2.4 and new content occurs, until Summerfest ends and to let the Devs take care of what they were probably looking at until F2P came and slapped them in the face as well as us lol

State of Reports is stickied up there Maybe the only thing I'll ask for is to rename this thread so people realize this is where is probably less overwhelming for Devs to read than the numerous moving threads that keep regurgitating.

Bring on the WF's Dead Simon and let me keel you, Dev vs players event to open them GO!

Default Farming in Dimensions?

I wonder what Rift players' opinion would be on being able to farm in dimensions.

I ask this because in one of the MMOs I've played before, the player base seems to be against the idea in general.

On the other hand, there are millions of players who are attracted to this type of game.

Personally, I like the idea but I'd be concerned about it's impact on economy.

1. Ability to smooth out and modify a morphed object. Perhaps this could be accomplished through a modifier interface window that would allow you to spin the morphed item 360 degrees and bring up new tools like cropping, bending, pulling (I'd like to be able to take a Wood Plank and stretch just one end of it w/o it expanding in width).

2. Sellable houses/items for players to use in their own dims. While dimensions in their current state are wonderful platforms for creative expression, being able to make some plat in the process would be awesome.

3. Allow easier viewpoints. Allow the player to be able fly around their dim to get close to tight angles/corners, etc. That would be much easier than using Pirate's staircases all the time!

4. Contests that winners would see their work in game for a period of time. Perhaps their work could be showcased in Tempest Bay/Meridian/Sanctum.

5. Items of value for players to receive upon visiting/+1'ing. For example in GW2, if you completed a jumping puzzle, you'd get a reward chest at the end. I'd love to make a jumping puzzle, but with no player incentive, very few would actually take the time to do it. In a house for example, you could hide the reward somewhere that you'd have to see most/all of it to get it.

Hello-
    This is definitely the place for future ideas in dimensions

@ Tirubon
    9. Allow us to set houses in our dimensions to editable separately from the rest of the items, or to furnish them and rent them out as houses to people too lazy to make their own dimensions.

In the game I play Aion, there are player houses and we are able to walk in and out of other player houses and see the price for cost to rent/buy these homes. There has been talk about being able to rent them. It would be great if Rift did it first

@Sethantes
    I wonder what Rift players' opinion would be on being able to farm in dimensions.

In WoW in Pandaria, there is a chain of quests players can do that has farming and earning your own home when the quest chain is completed. It is terrific. It also comes with players very own hearthstone! (Instead of hearthing to some Inn, it teleports the player to their respective farm home they built)

@ejraptor
    4. Contests that winners would see their work in game for a period of time. Perhaps their work could be showcased in Tempest Bay/Meridian/Sanctum.

*I do see your point in having them being displayed in the Rift game itself. it would be very cool. --
    I am most sure everyone is aware of the riftdimensions.com web-site. It has a wonderful user friendly lay-out for folks like me who are new to dimensions & want to see dimension items and also other players dimensions.
    --The Point-- riftdimension.com I think is under-used. With great "show-casing" awards. Players dimensions are surrounded with very detailed frames. They use "spot-light" for dimensions that are truly spectacular. Also there are wonderful titles you can earn. (not used in the game..though I personally think it would be absolutely wonderful if players could have Titles from riftdimensions.com before (prefix) or after (title) in the game.

@Kitasia
    You guys are doing a awesome job. So thank you for the hours you put in for us. Though I personally say yuck to pvp in dims. Thank you for giving it to the peoples who really wanted it. Its a huge leap forward.

Yes...just what you said
    "No...No, this is NOT like Lincoln Logs at all!" (Meh)
    *Shard: Wolfsbane
    A Reclusive Oasis / RP-Bahmi City Manifesto / Ruins of DavenPort / Section:A-Two/Camp
    (alternate character)- Fuiji: Skalholt Agreement 1935 / Keflavick Forse Base-PvP

I would pay for double item limits

do eet Trion!

+ Reply to Thread