Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 2 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By FreakyFreak
  • 2 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 2 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Xafirah
  • 1 Post By Pochi

Thread: Is there a sane way to stash dimension items?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Is there a sane way to stash dimension items?

So, bag space, inventory space, and so on.

Dimension items take up a lot of space, and many are soulbound. Making it sort of hard to, say, collect them, and still have bag space for other things.

I guess you could move junk into another dimension, or something. But maybe there is something I've missed that would give us some way to collect the items into some kind of abstract storage which is not "bag space" in the conventional sense, and lets us store hundreds or thousands of items?

I'm really hoping the answer is that there is an obvious way and I should feel stupid.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Sorry, seebs. I wish the same thing as you but the current answer is to put items into bags, bank space, alts or a storage dimension. Not completely insane but not as sane as I'd like.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 06-27-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I have an alt with all the bag and bank space i can afford. Even with that i have started laying some items out in an unused dim to hold the items i don't like at the moment.
    Never delete. You find later those ugly items become very useful in some way.
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I would sorta like a thing like the Quest Bag.

Or, now that the UI exists, you know what'd be awesome? A searchable/sortable UI somewhat similar to what the store has for dimension items, but which contains only the items you have. Or, for extra awesome: One which can toggle whether or not to show stuff you haven't got, but which it would be willing to sell you.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

A dimension bag like the quest bag would be great. Right now, I've got stuffed stashed on three toons, in three dimensions (Lils made sure to LoL at me when she saw my Sanguine Junkyard that's packed so full you can't even move but the others aren't open to public) and in every bag and bank slot I can afford. The soulbound stuff especially is making storage a challenge, and I'm back to using the mailbox with a lot of stuff to hold the overflow.

At the same time, I don't want to get rid of any of it, either, lol. With 10 dimensions on just my main, all of them in at least the planning stages, and four more on Feendish--not counting the other alts floating around whose dimensions are waiting for consolidation--the new items especially cost too much for me to want to get rid of any of the stuff that I know I might use at some point in the future.

Hoarders unite!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Mailbox. /10

I'd like each dimension to have it's own sort of bank space/vault whatever you want to call it that you can add bags to. The number of slots dependent on the size of the dimension.

I use alts and my 2nd unused dims to drop and store items (well plus bank and inventory).

I also wish that there be a nicer solution to store things and that these soulbound items were account bound, so that I don't have to store snowy bushes on 6 characters, but can sent them all to one and use them in the Kestrel dim for example... *sigh*

Would be nice if we could store items in our "moving bags" without those counting towards the item limit.

Embri and I made a guild and bought bank tabs to store our non account bound stuff. I then have a character with a bank full of all of my account bound stuff. It worked pretty well for me.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

+ Reply to Thread