+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building blocks? Planks?

Default Building blocks? Planks?

So ive been doing a little research on the topics, visited some Dimension's related website, review the posts here and the guide on the Rift Website... nothing.

So I got 2 planks and a building block from the 1rst house quest. What do we use those for? Do we use buildings stuff to craft new objects? Do we use them just for decoration? I cant seems to find a use.

Am I just slow?

You can use those items you receive in the first quest to play around with how the dimension controls work. For example, you can scale that stone tile to be the size of a patio floor, or flip it vertically and make it a wall. Playing with them can catalyze ideas and also help you get used to the tools.

If you want to see what else is possible, I recommend visiting some dimensions on your shard. You can look at the Public Weekly or Public All-Time lists under Dimensions to see what other folks have done. Maybe it will spark something.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    You can use those items you receive in the first quest to play around with how the dimension controls work. For example, you can scale that stone tile to be the size of a patio floor, or flip it vertically and make it a wall. Playing with them can catalyze ideas and also help you get used to the tools.

If you want to see what else is possible, I recommend visiting some dimensions on your shard. You can look at the Public Weekly or Public All-Time lists under Dimensions to see what other folks have done. Maybe it will spark something.
    Ok, so if I understand, it is to be used like a Lego game, where I can simply creates stuff by using those parts and placing them in a specific way? Like, if I want to creates a stair, I could use planks and block and place them appropriately so I can walk on them as a stair?
    Last edited by Temedor; 06-27-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Yes you can create your own stairs chairs etc. Also there are many premade items to build your home or garden or crazy puzzles and mazes for other players to figure out.

Thanks with your help.

It is a good idea to go visit other Dimensions, ill do that this evening.

+ Reply to Thread