+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By tirubon
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 3 Post By Habard
  • 1 Post By Jaedor

Thread: On Wolfsbane? Check out my puzzle dimension!

Telaran

Default On Wolfsbane? Check out my puzzle dimension!

If you're on Wolfsbane and like puzzles, check out my "Aaamazing Maze" dimension (listed under Tiburona or Tiburoncito, or by name). It's a maze with one way in and one way out (unless you cheat and port out).

If you like it, please +1. Volan's head was added last night! If you have suggestions to make it better, let me know.

I was thinking of making part of the maze underwater with the possibility of drowning if you don't make it out in time, but not sure if I want to inflict death on visitors. Opinions?

There is a dimension on Greybriar called Drowned Souls (I think). The dim is a lot of fun for explorers - lots of running up and up and checking things out. And at the very top, a long slide down to the water. Lots of fun until you realize there is no way out. Interesting dim. Kind of disturbing. Obviously made an impression on me.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Telaran

I, too, have a new puzzle-type dimension on Wolfsbane, though I prefer to call it an obstacle course. I haven't advertised it much because I'm getting ready to be on vacation for a month. The new dimension is Cubonic Plague.

OP, I'll check out yours if you'll check out mine. Well, I'll check out yours anyway.

As for the "drowning" idea, I do have something to offer in that regard. I already have one obstacle course dimension in place, Artificial Reality. Artificial Reality underwent a number of revisions before it reached its current form. Those revisions were based on the input of various participants. In its original form, it was possible to fail the course either by becoming irretrievabley stuck in a trap (the participant had to exit the dimension to get out), or by falling into a trap that dropped the player all the way back to the beginning. I found that people got frustrated and quit if they had to start over, so I re-designed the course so that all setbacks (other than completely screwing up and falling off the course altogether) were recoverable without having to start over. I think if you introduce the drowning idea, you'll find that people will simply quit if they drown. You want people to enjoy the experience, and to appreciate your artistry, so you don't want to frustrate them into quitting before they reach the end.

Good luck! I'll check out your dim this evening. I love dims with challenges. Since I create dims with challenges myself, I refuse to be defeated by someone else's.

--Calash@Wolfsbane

Shameless plug for Artificial Reality.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread