+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Introducting Rift-Source: A Dimension Builder's Database

Soulwalker

Default Introducting Rift-Source: A Dimension Builder's Database

About 2 months ago, I started toying with Dimensions and found I had a great time. However, I had a really difficult time finding information regarding dimension items. For example, I wanted to find pictures of each sky projector, but the best I could find was a preview picture of the actual projector, not the sky. Or when I wanted to find which zone to fish up an item in, but the existing Google docs had conflicting reports. My girlfriend and I started compiling lists for our own use, which proved to be quite helpful. However, I still couldn't easily search for items by type, or generate a list of items based on a certain criteria.

About this time, I started building Rift-Source.com (http://rift-source.com/) to try to fill the void of information I felt when I first started building. I have tried to include videos of items that are interactive, are deceptively large, or are expensive (I tried to include all items above 100 platinum, but ran out of hard-drive space before finishing the trees category). In the videos, I try to show an items standard size, its minimum size, and its maximum size. I have also built a database with filters, which currently mimic the in-game store filters, though I would like to expand the filter options very soon.

While Rift-Source.com still needs a great deal of work, I feel it is functional enough to start getting feedback. I am actively working on trying to improve it every day, and would love everyone's input.

My current list of issues I'm working through:
    * Missing loyalty items
    * Slow loading speeds
    * Filter system leaves much to be desired. I intend to overhaul it shortly.
    * Poor quest/achievement handling
    * No item container handling (Fishing Bags, Loyalty Reward Bags, Kits)
    * Lack of fishing information (Specifically: Location of Quest NPCs and Location of Deep/Shallow Water)
    * No maps of NPC locations

Additionally, I would like to add a filter criteria to only display items which have a video, but in the meantime you can view all my videos at TheRiftSource channel on youtube.

Thanks everyone!

Lovely. I have added the site to the Dimension Resources sticky, and look forward to seeing the site progress
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Very cool. Thanks for building this database!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

This is really awesome! I really also like how organized it is. Really nice for Drupal. Usually sites I see created with Drupal are super boxey looking design wise.

http://dimensionaddicts.com/ does something very similar to what you've created.
    Last edited by Litzy; 06-26-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Looks fantastic! Well organized and the videos are spot on!

Very awesome bookmarked cant wait to see more in the future.

Very nice site! I especially like that you've included the prices. This will make bargain shopping on the AH a lot easier.

Shield of Telara

Awesome, this is what I was looking for when I started the thread I did. Shows how big/small the buildings are you can buy.

I love it! Thanks for your great work!!

Thanks so much for your hard work! It's so easy to find what I'm looking for on here... love it.

Wow, what an amazing database! You must have spent quite some time on this site! Your work is greatly appreciated! I love it!

Which dimensions can you purchase that allows you to fish in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Baalok View Post
    Which dimensions can you purchase that allows you to fish in them?
    None, there's no fishing in dimensions, unfortunately.

In one of the dimensions in-particular though when you equip the pole and go to use it, it says you need to have a 250 lvl of skill to fish there.

It was one of the newer ones in the market place. The one with all the lightning and rocks swirling over head.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalok View Post
    In one of the dimensions in-particular though when you equip the pole and go to use it, it says you need to have a 250 lvl of skill to fish there.

It was one of the newer ones in the market place. The one with all the lightning and rocks swirling over head.
    That would be Vengeful Sky, I have a Grandmaster Fisher and I'll have to check that out. So far I haven't been able to fish in any dimension. Well, after trying a few times and being unable to, I gave up and just fish in the world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast