+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Agricaltus
  • 1 Post By Agricaltus

Thread: Dimension Idea

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Idea

I know there have been ideas like this posted. But I would love to see some sort of interactive element to Dimensions. I think one way is to add items that perform platforming actions. Such as a jump pad, or a teleporter, or even a spike trap that would "Damage you". Maybe even trap doors.

It would also be neat if there were "Dimensional Rip" you could place in your dimension (is consumed when used) and you could use that tear to open a hunt rift or normal rift with your lures. That way you can almost create a fun dungeon styled environment.

Rift's saving grace is Dimensions. because a game where people can literally customize everything is one that will make money.

Creating dimensions that have multiple functions expands what your cash shop will push out ot players.

I would pay good money for a Spring Pad that launches my character in a specific direction or up into the air.

Also another idea would be to create a new kind of Dimension. Something separate from regular ones. Where you buy the "dimension" and you go inside and you have a set amount of wardstones, mobs, etc to place and once all have been placed you can bring a group inside and you all can play the custom arena.

i.e. You have 5 Rift tears to place. 25 monster spawners. and you also get 5 treasure chests (which the player hosting the dimension can place items or plat in them at their cost) and then everyone plays and has fun.

I love the jump pad idea! These have been one of my favorite things from the new zones. Even after I finish quests that require me to use them, I stick around to jump and fly through the air! LOL

You got some other great ideas. I wonder though, how much development time it would take to implement any of these things.

Soulwalker

They already have a lot of the programming available in game. All they'd have to do is link the scripts etc to the items that create them. I mean I doubt it would be that hard. It's pretty much already in existence, the jump pads if they exist on the map, they cna easily be created as a dimension item since the development tools for rift are similar to the ones used for building dimensions

I like this idea alot. Trion make new dimension stuffs.
    (Mage)Xevayne@Wolfsbane - (Warrior)Xaveyne@Wolfsbane - Intel Core i7 7700k CPU - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Memory - EVGA GTX 1070 SSC - Corsair HX1000 PSU - Corsair 750D Case - Leader of Lethargic Gaming Team/Guild - Like Our Page http://www.facebook.com/lethargicgaming

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveyne View Post
    I like this idea alot. Trion make new dimension stuffs.
    Yeah I would spend lots of real life cash if it meant something almost fully customizable. Where you can basically create your own game world separate from the open world.

+ Reply to Thread