Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By FoolsFolly
  • 3 Post By Treble
  • 2 Post By FoolsFolly
  • 1 Post By FoolsFolly

Thread: Dimension Toolbox Circle Helper - A Google Document

Shadowlander

Default Dimension Toolbox Circle Helper - A Google Document

I'd really hoped that something like this would be implemented into the Toolbox addon, but since development seems to be dead at this point, I made a google doc instead.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing

This Document is used to make a circle of items around a central point. Insert the X and Y coordinates of your circle center, the radius, and the number of items you want to use in your circle, then plug in the resulting points in your toolbox to make your shape.

Enjoy!

Oh interesting. So far I just used the copy and paste function, with an offset number to create my circular objects.

Might give this a try.

When you use an offset in toolbox items will only offset in one direction, this will tell you where to place things in all directions.

If you wanted to make a circle around the axis of 0,0 you would need items in all quadrants, (X,Y) (-X,Y) (X, -Y) (-X, -Y) which toolbox cannot do because it would only move items in the positive or negative direction but not in both.

Note that this doesn't seem to tell you how to handle the rotation of something directional like a cube or plank. You would probably use toolbox to rotate the items in the center of the circle then move the appropriate members out to the spreadsheet coords.

i have been making circle walls with toolbox for awhile now. The way i did it was to set the vertical axis to what ever i wanted the first piece at, then from there i would go 22.5, 45, 67.5, 90, 112.5, and so on, always adding 22.5 until u get to 360. I have made a couple towers in my personal dimension, and in my guild dim i made engines doing this. engines for the air ship can be seen in USS Rift Rider on deepwood

RIFT Fan Site Operator

For the visuals out there Rubeyrose also shares how to make circles via video:

Click for: Rubeyrose Toolbox Tutorials: Part 8 Cones & Circles

Quote Originally Posted by Anahera View Post
    For the visuals out there Rubeyrose also shares how to make circles via video:

Click for: Rubeyrose Toolbox Tutorials: Part 8 Cones & Circles
    Oh sweet! I must have missed this video! Very, very informative and I learned something new!

Thanks all for your input and explanations. Good thread!

As you can see in the video, where Ruby talks about rotating the tile and then moving it with the arrows, this spreadsheet tells you the coordinates of where you would move the items. Helpful if you have shaky hands or the items are tiny and hard to line up.

Also, you could speed up making your cones if you keep saving your set with more items. Such as after you add the second set of two, resave with four, then resave with eight. Use a set size that is a factor of your total number of items.

Shadowlander

updated pitch->roll, and adjusted formula...this is why I should test things in game before posting them on forums =P

also screenie~

Shadowlander

I hate these forums.
    Dimension Toolbox Circle Helper - A Google Document-screenshot372073.jpg

+ Reply to Thread