+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Introducing a touch of realism...Dock 89.

Default Introducing a touch of realism...Dock 89.

http://imgur.com/a/e7Jnv#0

Every board, every post, from the handrails to the rafters...
    Through squinting eyes to see pixel line-ups, and shaky hands cursing mouse DPI...

I wanted something real. Something you could come across in the course of the normal game. I wanted to feel like all it needs is an NPC by the hearth asking you to fetch him 6 plants from the other side of the island.

But then again, I wanted to be different.

4 custom structures, 2 docks: one large, one small. A cabin and a large house.
    2 custom murals. (Super proud of...)
    A custom kitchen facing a custom built hearth.
    A designed bathroom, constructed to have water inside.

And much, much more.

Thanks goes out to FreakyFreak, Feendish, and Chalennaravenmour‎ for giving me the compliments and the courage to show off my very first Dimension.

Search "Dock 89" on Wolfsbane All-Time, or message me, Eightynine@Wolfsbane for an invite.

Don't forget to check the fishing pole in its holder on the back porch...If the bait is gone, re-bait it and cast it back out for me.

http://imgur.com/a/e7Jnv#0-Dock 89
    Eightnine - Greybriar - @eightyninegames
    "Dock 89"-Greybriar - TRION Three Springs Contest Winner
    "Villa 89"-Greybriar - TRION Official "Villa 89" Trailer http://youtu.be/IxYJUVfpkKE
    "Arena 89"-Greybriar - Grandmaster Architect Of Arenas 2013 Winner

This looks cool! I totally know what you mean about shaky hands haha. Those pictures you made in game look like they would've been painful to make ><. Nice work! .

OMG that looks AMAZING! Shoreward Island is the prefect dim to build docks! I want to get that one, so I can build another Kelari Village! I just love the sea!

You did a phenomenal job! Love the Bulletin board and your murals!

Rift Disciple

What a great dimension! /respect for your work mate! Please make a video tour! Pretty please

I will "steal" some ideas off of you :P /hide

Quote Originally Posted by Joji View Post
    What a great dimension! /respect for your work mate! Please make a video tour! Pretty please

I will "steal" some ideas off of you :P /hide
    I will create a walk-through video when I get home.

And no need to /hide, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I welcome it. I expect my "message board/post" will be the neatest and easiest thing to see around.

I barely started Dimming, just reactivated my account from 2011 about 3 weeks ago. I have spent 90% of my Rift time building in the last two weeks.

I maxed my fishing in one day just to have the ability to get dock items. LOL
    Last edited by Superhelix; 06-24-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    "Villa 89"-Greybriar - TRION Official "Villa 89" Trailer http://youtu.be/IxYJUVfpkKE

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    OMG that looks AMAZING! Shoreward Island is the prefect dim to build docks! I want to get that one, so I can build another Kelari Village! I just love the sea!

You did a phenomenal job! Love the Bulletin board and your murals!

Absolutely fabulous work! Love the painting you created too, looks just amazing!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Thanks for the shoutout, and good job on putting up pics!

This really was a fantastic dimension. Very thoughtfully done, very well-planned out. Excellent work, and I cannot wait to see what you do next.

(And there will be a next, lol. )
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Soulwalker

That SS looks great, i love what you did with the sign, i was thinking of how i could do a sign over my Crocnards..."Dog house" "Croc house"? Haha I think i might borrow your idea if that's okay!

Soulwalker

Amazing I absolutely love it!

Thats looks just super! I think you definitely got down the feeling of only needing an npc to send us off on a fishing quest! Well Done
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Pics look awesome and I love your murals!!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Default Video Walkthrough

http://youtu.be/tIyUliYvb0E

As requested, here's a walk-through. It's a bit on the long side, but enjoy!

I like murals. It is like a whole separate art in itself and brings so much to a space.
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

I went to visit and the pics do not do this justice. Not only are there murals but also little artistic details that completely flesh out the theme like the fishnet/pole piece, the snowy log and rowboat piece and all the boats hanging on the walls. It feels like a man's space with a woman's touch on some of the decorating. And apart from a little more light in the kitchen (I visited at nighttime), it's just perfect.

Kudos on a really well done dimension and I totally look forward to whatever you dream up next!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Utterly and completely stunning. Will throw you a tell so I can come have a wander around.

Again really, really incredible work :-)
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast