+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By LastPrussian
  • 4 Post By Maddori
  • 1 Post By Akhor
  • 1 Post By Jaedor

Thread: Dimension Item - Translucent Panels

Default Dimension Item - Translucent Panels

Would it be possible to implement translucent or partially translucent panels? Glass is awesome, ice fantastic. With different shades for each plane perhaps ?
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

Agreed. I have been wanting glass panels for a long time now. An entire building block set of these items would be better.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

Definitely want! I was just talking to a friend about needing something better for her mirrors, this would really work Right now our options are see through tables or windows that fit modular walls. As much as I love the new windows having something that's as flexible as the building blocks will really appeal to the creative types.

Telaran

Yes please give us all of these and MIRRORS too!
    Last edited by Skycastle; 06-24-2013 at 12:18 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Skycastle View Post
    Yes please give us all of these and MIRRORS too!
    Not sure if you've seen the reflections of the pools it would be quite difficult to reflect anything but the static environment which may/may not cause more grief than beauty. Would be yummy though.

I'm at work so don't have the exact coordinates with me but there are ruined Brevane houses in Morban with realistic windows. They are the only ones I've seen in game and only in this one area, which was likely a test. They look like they have a very high polygon count and were probably not worth the cost to implement everywhere.

But definitely worth checking out to see if this would be what you want. If it is, with enough clamor Trion might offer it for a price.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    I'm at work so don't have the exact coordinates with me but there are ruined Brevane houses in Morban with realistic windows.
    Oh I'll have to head there and look Jaedor get back to work! *chuckles* The boundaries of dimensions in their translucent green make beautiful windows also, imagine these boundaries in pearl or blue, pink or amber then make a tile of them to scale....olalala

Translucent Panels would be lovely.

I should clarify that the ones I'm talking about are way more transparent than the green bubble. You can see the environment outside the window and the fuzziness of it is why I call it translucent. It's actually pretty amazing.
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    I should clarify that the ones I'm talking about are way more transparent than the green bubble. You can see the environment outside the window and the fuzziness of it is why I call it translucent. It's actually pretty amazing.
    Can you post the coordinates when you get home from work?? I'd love to see these windows <3

Quote Originally Posted by xombii View Post
    Can you post the coordinates when you get home from work?? I'd love to see these windows <3
    Here you go. The Northern Ruins in Morban:
    13984,5321 has a house full of translucent windows and
    14034,5512 is across and down the street, another one

I think there are other locations but that's what I stumbled across first. Looks like Morban was a test ground for this style, as I haven't seen it anywhere else. Enjoy!
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

+ Reply to Thread