+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Argent - O-RP dimension now open Tempest Bay Slums, sewer and market.

Default Argent - O-RP dimension now open Tempest Bay Slums, sewer and market.

The shadier and poorer elements of the city seemed to drift into the stinking miasma of the slums and until now their home was a shadowy and unseen place...but every pauper deserves a shack to call their own

This project started as a quick 'Oooh I need a slum street to do some RP in, throw one up quick' and then it was more 'oh, actually that looks pretty cool' then 'oh son of a....have I just IC set myself the task of building a sewer system????' Well task accepted but could never have been completed if it weren't for many members of my guild who all threw materials at me as fast as I was crying out for them. You guys are amazing and have made this what it is.

This is a project though and one that I am now determined to see to the crazy, whole hog, end.

Currently there is a single street of slums that winds and makes it way unevenly around. There is a stair case up for IC departure back to the upper city and eventually that staircase will actually lead to another part of the city...but more about that in a mo. There are 2 hovels that you can get into, the communal stocked kitchen area that the residents have been using since the plague left them all struggling to survive, there is a stocked apothecary and they have a side room with beds for the sick and injured and we have a shady arms dealer with forge for making repairs....but woe betide any who try to steal from them.

Below the slum alley there are the sewers, a winding set of ancient crumbling walls, sagging into the slow moving water. Some say that they are the lower alleys of the city that Tempest Bay was built on, there are secrets to be found in there....lots and lots of secrets.

Long term plan

Ok first I am going to be saving for the final upgrade to the item limit as that will make these insane ideas that I have floating about my brain become a reality.

1. extend the alley of slums to give more turnings, cross roads and basically an actual network of streets.
    2. place a second slightly less scummy slums above this, houses neater and better furnished, road way less winding and erm....more Roman.
    3. a third and possibly final layer that will have the houses that the rich and famous could live in. My intention is to make those high up enough that they will be places above the palms in the dime and so I can use the natural scenery of the mountains to finish but if not will use some castle walls and be done with it

So there we go each bit I add to this will be done in such a way that the main body of the place can be used for RP and will just occasionally have a stack of crates removed to suddenly show a new part of the city. This is because at the end of the day this plan has exploded in my head and the upgrade alone is close on 3k plat or nearly 1200 credits, so it is going to take time but it will be built

So it is open and GTG now. Make use of it for any RP you want...look up Taryth on Argent and check out her Faen's Retreat dimension.

PS. Wanted to put this in the Argent specific forum but I am either being special or it doesn't exist anymore :P

PPS. If I get time and can figure out how I will put a few pics up. If someone else is brighter than me please feel free

Rift Disciple

That sounds great! Nice background as well! Please upload some pictures

You can go to photobucket.com, upload them there and put here the direct link.

WOW that sounds absolutely amazing! You build that in the Faen's Retreat dim?

Man, I can't wait to see pics and/or go visit it for myself!!

My GL is technologically minded and has filmed the dime...once edited I will post the link up
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Looking forward to seeing it.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

It is played back in 1.5 speed but the vid is HD
    Last edited by Dancingmoon; 06-24-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.

Wow that looks awesome. Well done on creating a fantastic setting for RP adventures!
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

I have to say since moving back to Argent I have been having a little look around some of the dimensions and this one certainly sticks out. Was impressed as soon as I zoned in, and even more so as I started to explore (and ended up a lil' lost in the sewers) I will be keeping an eye for additions as I am sure they will only enhance what is already an awesome place!
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    I have to say since moving back to Argent I have been having a little look around some of the dimensions and this one certainly sticks out. Was impressed as soon as I zoned in, and even more so as I started to explore (and ended up a lil' lost in the sewers) I will be keeping an eye for additions as I am sure they will only enhance what is already an awesome place!
    *blush* thank you. It needs work, the vid showed me details that bug me....but now saving for rex to fund credits for the item limit upgrade and plans are formed for the next level :-) expect more building work by the end of July.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingmoon View Post
    Just wow! That looks awesome!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Damn......

Telaran

Wow... Really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingmoon View Post
    OMG............ OMG this... this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!! Your sewers and the slum quarter are perfect! What a great place to RP!

This place makes me want to RP again. Absolutely amazing work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast