+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Riven Isle (Faeblight) - My progress after 3 months of weekends

Soulwalker

Default Riven Isle (Faeblight) - My progress after 3 months of weekends

Hi everyone!
    My husband convinced me to start letting folks visit my dimension I still have some some minor decorating and one bathroom isn't complete so I apologize in advance for it not being 100 percent complete. I didn't use that toolbox thing so there probably isn't a strait line in the place The influence for my dimension is the old game Myst (Riven was the 2nd in the line). Please visit and let me know what you think so far.

Thanks!
    Zarwyen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riven Isle (Faeblight)  - My progress after 3 months of weekends-2013-06-22_124026.jpg   Riven Isle (Faeblight)  - My progress after 3 months of weekends-2013-06-21_140038.jpg   Riven Isle (Faeblight)  - My progress after 3 months of weekends-2013-06-15_184108.jpg   Riven Isle (Faeblight)  - My progress after 3 months of weekends-2013-06-21_194917.jpg   Riven Isle (Faeblight)  - My progress after 3 months of weekends-2013-06-21_140108.jpg  

Wow, it's beautiful! And in my head I heard the old foghorny sound from Myst. *happy sigh*

Loved that game and (most of) the sequels!

You should do a specific Age in your 2nd dimension!
    Last edited by ilex011; 06-22-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: the books are good, too!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

That is an awesome idea! Going to have to pull out my old disks

Soulwalker

i just realized one of the photos was missing. Here is the picture of the experiment lab in the remains of an ancient tree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riven Isle (Faeblight)  - My progress after 3 months of weekends-2013-06-21_140027.jpg  

Soulwalker

Those pictures are really great! I love the tree house and log lab, very cool!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Your screenshots don't do it justice. Very nicely done dimension, and very good use of the space.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I must see this place! .

It was really nice, I like it . I kept finding more stuff ha.

Soulwalker

Thank you everyone . I'm so happy it's getting visitors and folks are enjoying it. If you can think of anything I should add or change please let me know. I'm totally going to take Ilex's advice and model my next dim after a specific Myst age. If you are not familiar with the Myst series google it and look at the pictures. They created some amazing worlds for that game.

Awesome dim, loved all the sprawling tiered structures with nooks and crannies everywhere, the great views from the treetops. Haven't actually played Myst, but it still felt very magical and otherworldly.

OMG sweet memories! I loved Myst and played Riven as well! What a brilliant idea!

I need to drop by for a visit and soon! This place looks amazing! Especially the Treehouse lab!

Awesome

Soulwalker

Thank you thank you . Just curious. What is everyone's opinion on advertising your dimension in game? I'd like to get more visitors (I'm at 25 likes) but don't know how to go about it. Thoughts?

I visited the place yesterday and I love it! The placement of all your ladders and walkways are great. It felt a bit like I was in Riven. I was looking for clues and puzzles to solve! LOL

Great job! Nicely done! There was a lot to see and to climb!

People advertise their dims all the time in game. I was even thinking of making a macro to play in the various channels.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-26-2013 at 04:14 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Spamming the channels seems to be a good way for people to get votes and views of their dimensions. At least this one would be worth spamming for.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast