+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Presenting: Remnants of Atlantis on Faeblight

Default Presenting: Remnants of Atlantis on Faeblight

Alright, I placed my last item (for now) and clicked the "public" check mark.

Without further ado - I give you: Remnants of Atlantis, located in a dormant core on Faeblight.

Ok, maybe a bid more ado lol

At first I wanted to show you where you enter the dimension, but decided that you should experience it first hand.

Before you step onto the crumbling path, I urge you to check out the Crystal Cave, located slightly behind you, to your right.

You can relax in the hot spring, where a precious dragon baby awaits her birth. No touching the egg!! LOL

Now, head down the path (be careful that you don't trip) towards the Temple. This was the center of a once glorious Civilization. I was able to learn from the various books found in the area, that the ruins along the way were once the living quarters of the Priestesses, who tended the Dragon Egg and the Temple.

There are three ways that lead out of the core. The fastest way is via the ladders and platforms found to the right of the Temple (when facing it). There is also a small cave to the left, which features a rock formation for the more adventurous climbers. And of course there's the traditional black pathway.

When you choose the ladders and platforms, you will arrive at the 2nd inner circle, which features a Treasury, Merchant Stalls and Inn.

After you visited Nico for a refreshing brew, return via the tiled bridge and follow the path to your left, to the rim of the crater.

Turn right and you will see an overgrown garden hut and standing stones to your left.

Follow the path to the ruined village. This is the outer trading, shipping, living and science hub.

I was able to restore a few of the buildings, but one was too ruined and waterlogged. ;)

Here's a shot of a luscious pool of wine, I found while excavating. (at least I hope it's wine...)

After you visited the village, continue to your right, past the War Room. If you are tired from all that walking, relax for a moment at my camp site.

I leave the rest up to you. Have fun exploring!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-22-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Looks great. I'll have to come visit when my workweek is over (Don't do much logging in when marathoning grave yard shifts =p). Grats on your most recent completion!

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    Looks great. I'll have to come visit when my workweek is over (Don't do much logging in when marathoning grave yard shifts =p). Grats on your most recent completion!
    Thanks Caelthas. Aww you poor thing! Marathon grave yard shifts don't sound like fun.

And is a dim EVER really completed? =p

adorable loved it

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Good job! I certainly got my exercise running over that gigantic dimension.

But you did really well at utilizing multiple levels of the space and making it feel as if there really could have been the remains of a lost people here. Well done.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I haven't been to visit yet but I love it already from the illustrated tour you posted! My problem with dormant core is that it's so big I never know where someone built or if I'm wasting my time exploring the whole thing. Absolutely love how you included everything!

Thank you all for your wonderful feedback!

At first I was also rather overwhelmed by that HUGE dimension, but tried to imagine how and where people may have lived. I also read up on Atlantis and most account state that the city was build in circles. The center held the Temple and then spreading outwards to the merchant community and trading hubs.

So, that was my plan, to utilize the round shape of the Core and build something on every level, basically.

I used a TON of plants, bushes and trees, to give it that overgrown feeling. I think at least 60-70% of items are plants! LOL

Thanks for visiting and for your comments!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-23-2013 at 04:29 AM.

I think the broken path with the arches was my favorite.

@ Treble - yea, I'm partial to that part myself. It just evokes these images in my mind, of what has been lost and how great the splendor had been in ancient times. I just love archeology and reading about ancient civilizations.

@ Joji - Thanks!!!! You should come and visit. There are a few things I haven't shown on the forums.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-24-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Last edited by Agrona77; 06-28-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Default This looks awesome!:)

The screens look great, and I meant to visit this earlier....I let it slip my mind, but definitely on my way now!

Amazing idea too!
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Thanks Foxfire!

Oh check this out! New pictures... presented to you by Rift Dimension

Thank you Rift Dimension for taking such incredible pictures and for your kind words!

Pretty good stuff. Must have been a lot of work to destroy everything.
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

Congrats on the publicity! I made it to visit in person today, absolutely amazing! The entire dim feels well balanced, the amount of detail is perfect to draw your attention everywhere you look while not leaving any part bare

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast