• 1 Post By Joji
  • 1 Post By Feendish
  • 1 Post By Joji
  • 1 Post By Joji

Thread: [Bloodiron]Winter's Inn

Rift Disciple

Default [Bloodiron]Winter's Inn

Greetings Ascended!

My friend Brunelle and I started the creation of an inn yesterday. After lots of hours and brainstorming, we created the below dimension. It is around 80% done, as we need to put more decorations and finish the bar area with booze, swords and shields. We also want to build a fireplay inside. Anyone know how to put fire there? We will also create a stable outside.

I hope you like it, hop in whenever you want

For bigger resolution images, check my album in photobucket.

Nice I will have to vist later in the week.

Rift Disciple

Thanks alot. You are welcome to visit me anytime

Very nice! What I usually do for fireplace fires is buy the fireplace item (metal rack with logs) and then sink a torch into it.
    Shiadra, Shiasha, Facemoth, and Fimhira
    <Wandering Idiot>
    Dimensions on Deepwood: Bandit Hideout and Silverwood Playground

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joji View Post
    Greetings Ascended!

My friend Brunelle and I started the creation of an inn yesterday. After lots of hours and brainstorming, we created the below dimension. It is around 80% done, as we need to put more decorations and finish the bar area with booze, swords and shields. We also want to build a fireplay inside. Anyone know how to put fire there? We will also create a stable outside.

I hope you like it, hop in whenever you want

For bigger resolution images, check my album in photobucket.

The pictures look great. Another idea for a fire is also to use gloamwood logs shrunk down, with standing torches poked in. This tends to make a more distinct fire than most people use, and doesn't really cost any more. You can also use the wood bundles, if the logs are too big for you. If you really want to get fancy with it, you can also use the double volcanic vent for the smoke effect.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by Feendish; 06-21-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Thanks alot! I didn't thought of using the torches in fireplace, that is a great idea! Will check the smoke effect as well. Thanks alot for the replies

The dimension is open for everyone, so please visit it whenever you want either for just sitting around or having some roleplaying with your friends.

I have also finished my second dimension which is a PvP Arena! You are welcome to visit it anytime and have some duels

PvP Arena - Pool of Suffering

Very nice looking Inn!

The others have already answered your "burning" question about fire. I also use the unlit fireplace and place a couple of torches in it. You can also add a Fire Menhir (shrink it down and turn it horizontal) and then drop it into the fireplace with the torches. It will look like glowing coals and provide some "movement" to your fire.

Rift Disciple

Thanks Agrona! That sounds like a great idea. We will build the fireplace and then we will add more decor, finish the bar area and create a stable outside.

Btw, have you posted your dimensions here in the forums? I would like to check them out

Thanks Agrona! That sounds like a great idea. We will build the fireplace and then we will add more decor, finish the bar area and create a stable outside.

Btw, have you posted your dimensions here in the forums? I would like to check them out
    I'm glad I could help you out with my suggestion!

Well, you found my Dormant Core dimension thread "Remnants of Atlantis"

Here's one I've finished a while ago. It's Faen's Retreat and it's owned by my alt Caladria.

Hidden Oasis on Faeblight

Rift Disciple

An oasis indeed! Love it

Trion should really let us visit dimensions cross-shard :'(

An oasis indeed! Love it

Trion should really let us visit dimensions cross-shard :'(
    Well, I have a lvl 10 character on most servers, so I can visit and rate the amazing dimensions I see here!

Rift Disciple

I have made some improvements to my inn. Added weather blockers, created a stable, added a new floor etc. Will add the new screenshots later today

Btw, my new home is now Typhiria for anyone who would like to visit my dimensions

+ Reply to Thread