+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree82Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion: Dimension Kick/Block

  1. #16
    Rift Disciple Bloodspeaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Still would rather have dimension blocks be entirely separate from chat ignores, which are a completely different issue for a completely different thread.
    Of course they sent you back from one of the futures in which we failed, Defiant. Why would they return you from one of those in which we succeeded?

  2. #17
    Plane Touched Alleriana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Agree op, although I do not rp, I can see this being an issue and rp need the ability to preserve their way of playing.

    I have made a touring mule on a rp server and everytime I visit any dimension I stay out of the way of anyone so I dont accidentally interfere with them.

    An ignore of some sort should be implemented imo.

    In America it is called "Survivor", here in Canada it is called ......camping!

  3. #18
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alleriana View Post
    rp need the ability to preserve their way of playing.
    They should open up casinos in their preserves and make us feel bad for violating their culture.

  4. #19
    Soulwalker Zabbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleneala View Post
    Yes this is definitely something I'd like to see implemented. I'd even go so far as to say it's necessary.
    I really hope I am wrong on at least this one thing, but this year I think the RIft team has clearly demonstrated that they do not care about their players anymore nor what they would like to see in game. Don't expect anything anytime soon, if ever.

    Here's to hoping.
    Last edited by Zabbles; 08-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.


    “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
    -Mark Twain

  5. #20
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default Ignore function would also be abused

    I know this is rezzing a thread a little bit but it's not a perfect world and even having a block function could be used as a weapon against people you don't agree with philosophically. Say you are head of a popular public place and your character didn't get along with another character (IC or OOC whatever), it'd be super easy and tempting to hit the block button without a solid reason. Obviously if someone is griefing that's one thing, but I know some cliques that would abuse this function in seemingly 'public' locations and generally hurt that person's RP- what if it was their favorite hang-out? If I don't want people in my dimension I don't have it public. You can invite people based on who you want to let in. I think if you make it public you have to be more tolerant of different people entering. If they're being inappropriate you can report them or make your zone not public or friends/guild only. I've seen people witch hunted if the person in charge doesn't like their style or worse, their gender/orientation insert other thing here.


    If you want a public hangout you should expect the public to come.

  6. #21
    Plane Touched Caelthas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriartykicks View Post
    If you want a public hangout you should expect the public to come.
    A fair enough statement, but do remember that even the "happiest place on earth!" will kick you out if you're enough of an idiot. I don't think the OP is wrong for wanting to distinguish between visitors and griefers, and srsly, who doesn't love an eject button =p

  7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,972

    Default

    Adding more support to dimension controls is in the schedule. I won't promise a date, but many of the things discussed here are in the works for the future.

    ~Daglar

  8. #23
    Shield of Telara Jaedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Adding more support to dimension controls is in the schedule. I won't promise a date, but many of the things discussed here are in the works for the future.

    ~Daglar
    Whee, thanks Daglar!
    Dreamscape, Bywater, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Sanguine Summer, City Library, Breached Chamber, Dolcega Hotspot, Enei's Challenge, Beautiful Insanity's Lost in Wonderland, Indomitus' Hang Out
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

  9. #24
    Telaran stickybudz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Adding more support to dimension controls is in the schedule. I won't promise a date, but many of the things discussed here are in the works for the future.

    ~Daglar
    Just not in 2.4

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple Bloodspeaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moriartykicks View Post
    I know this is rezzing a thread a little bit but it's not a perfect world and even having a block function could be used as a weapon against people you don't agree with philosophically. Say you are head of a popular public place and your character didn't get along with another character (IC or OOC whatever), it'd be super easy and tempting to hit the block button without a solid reason. Obviously if someone is griefing that's one thing, but I know some cliques that would abuse this function in seemingly 'public' locations and generally hurt that person's RP- what if it was their favorite hang-out? If I don't want people in my dimension I don't have it public. You can invite people based on who you want to let in. I think if you make it public you have to be more tolerant of different people entering. If they're being inappropriate you can report them or make your zone not public or friends/guild only. I've seen people witch hunted if the person in charge doesn't like their style or worse, their gender/orientation insert other thing here.


    If you want a public hangout you should expect the public to come.
    Wow... this is still getting input. I haven't even been able to play Rift for months now. Old video card died, and my "temporary" one isn't up to the task. Only looked in because I saw a new "like".

    Anyway, re: the above quote, this is also a self-correcting problem. People who abuse the function, barring people they "simply don't like" from their otherwise "public" dimension will end up having a private dimension. People on both sides of the fence will eventually learn to behave like adults. Well, at least with regard to dimension rp griefing...

    In any case, I honestly want to thank everyone for their input/comments here. It's been retroactively appreciated, since I haven't been here for so long.
    Last edited by Bloodspeaker; 11-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    Of course they sent you back from one of the futures in which we failed, Defiant. Why would they return you from one of those in which we succeeded?

  11. #26
    Telaran Zywen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Adding more support to dimension controls is in the schedule. I won't promise a date, but many of the things discussed here are in the works for the future.

    ~Daglar
    Great news! Thank you.
    I enjoy creating cozy homes that would make you want to live there!
    My Dimensions: "Seas-the-Day" "Snowed-In Manor for Two" "Santa's House"
    My Alts: "Secluded Bungalow" "Cottage Garden" "A Pub Owner's Pond" "Adorable"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts