+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Charlice
  • 1 Post By eniac
  • 1 Post By Faratha

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Teleports bugged in dimensions

Default Teleports bugged in dimensions

As some of you might have noticed, any teleport-type skill that moves you either forward on the ground or is ground-targeted does not work correctly when used on an user-placed object.

It still works on all surfaces of the dimension that were not user-placed, but when not used on one, it either doesn't teleport you at all or moves you just a small distance while turning you in a random direction. Either way, it behaves pretty weird.

Why does this bug me? Well, i think it won't bother many players, but there are some that, just like me, built an arena for duels (and with the group duels coming in the far future in mind) only to notice during first tests that the ground is bugged. I even had someone falling through the floor while squirreled, more than once.

So, any idea what might be causing this? A fix possible? An official response would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: oh and btw, yes this seems to be bugged for every single surface. I tested everything i could use for a floor but got the same results every time.
    Last edited by eniac; 06-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Hey Zulway! What did you do to Saia?
    I still giggle every time I see your avatar lolz.

Ok carry on.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I... i don't know. I didn't want to break it i swear. Hopefully he comes back soon, after all there are still a lot more pidgeons to crush with bare hands and little girls with lollipops in bikinis to hunt left.

Watch out Zulway! We know he kills pigeons with his bare hands.. or is that bear hands... nvm.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

push... for justice!

push... for truth!

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

There are some significant technical hurdles to getting player teleports - as well as NPC movement - working as you'd expect them to in dimensions.

These are things that we'd like to have, and we are continuing to look into the issues, but there's a lot more going on behind the scenes that keeps this from being an easy fix.

Haven't looked in here for quite some time, who would've guessed i'd get an answer this time right of the bat. Anyway, thanks for the clarification! If the mysterious new pvp feature in development is what we think it is, this would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread