+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dolcega Valley Dimension

  1. #1
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,446

    Default Dolcega Valley Dimension

    Ok, so I bought the key to Dolcega Valley yesterday. The "pool" is amazing, I can actually display my floating sailboats now.

    However, the house is very tiny, which is rather disappointing.

    But what really grates on my nerves is the music that plays around that valley. It's this hectic, horrible, discordant battle music. Now, my question is, if I buy one of those music boxes from one of the Dimension vendors, will it effectively replace the music that's currently playing?

    I wish you could preview dimensions before purchasing them.


    Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Vaishevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Yes, it will replace the current music.

    You can preview dimensions; under the Dimensions tab you can visit other people's dimensions. Find examples with no items, and you'll see exactly what you'll get.
    Last edited by Vaishevik; 04-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaishevik View Post
    Yes, it will replace the current music.

    You can preview dimensions; under the Dimensions tab you can visit other people's dimensions. Find examples with no items, and you'll see exactly what you'll get.
    Oh! I never thought about visiting someone's dimension. I checked out the public dim list, but was hesitant to just pop into someone's "home" uninvited LOL

    Thanks for the reply and the tips!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 04-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.


    Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

  4. #4
    Champion Zyonyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh! I never thought about visiting someone's dimension. I checked out the public dim list, but was hesitant to just pop into someone's "home" uninvited LOL

    Thanks for the reply and the tips!
    The dimensions are set to public by default, so if you want to "play it safe" try popping into some that have at least a few votes. Chances are they're open to the public by choice. It's a great way to both preview the dimensions themselves and maybe spark a few ideas for your own. I felt the same way you did, but after realizing someone wasn't going to come rushing out and tell me to get off their lawn, I felt better.

    I do wish they'd add some more music boxes (*cough*hintTrion*cough*). Some of the zones have some really good music in them.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Pochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh! I never thought about visiting someone's dimension. I checked out the public dim list, but was hesitant to just pop into someone's "home" uninvited LOL

    Thanks for the reply and the tips!
    If they are set to public, meaning you can see them to choose to enter them, chances are the owner wants you to see it! By all means go visiting! It gives you ideas, lets you check out the dimensions, hear the musics, see the different sky projectors in action, and so on. Join the dimensionsaddicts@deepwood chat channel to talk to others. Anyone would be happy to invite you over and show you around.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

  6. #6
    Soulwalker Oonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default Dolcega Valley

    I chose this dimension because of the pool. I maxed out my item limit before I was able to really do what I wanted with the water, though.
    I utilized the existing buildings, making a "town". I also built an inn, inspired by all the terrific buildings I have seen people build using these basic building blocks.
    I am on Faeblight and would love it if you came and "took a stroll".
    It is called Tourist Spot.Dolcega Valley Dimension-kitchen.jpgDolcega Valley Dimension-inn.jpg
    Oonna

  7. #7
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh! I never thought about visiting someone's dimension. I checked out the public dim list, but was hesitant to just pop into someone's "home" uninvited LOL

    Thanks for the reply and the tips!
    Oh gosh, once you start visiting it's hard to stop. Most if not all players would love you to visit! You'll pick up some awesome ideas along the way too.

    Have fun.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  8. #8
    Champion Akhor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    587

    Default

    I turned the pool in my Dolcega dimension into a water garden with lots of lily pads and cattails and a bridge that connects the two staircases. The garden continues in the yard but that is still in progress. With the garden theme I found the silverwood music box fits in very nicely (I completely agree that the music there is too harsh!) The house is indeed tiny but it works perfectly for my dwarf and her new hubby. Even though I have much to add still I would love to have visitors anytime! You can find Akihawa on Shatterbone at Dwarven Starter Home.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oonna View Post
    I chose this dimension because of the pool. I maxed out my item limit before I was able to really do what I wanted with the water, though.
    I utilized the existing buildings, making a "town". I also built an inn, inspired by all the terrific buildings I have seen people build using these basic building blocks.
    I am on Faeblight and would love it if you came and "took a stroll".
    It is called Tourist Spot
    Oh wow! That looks absolutely amazing, Oonna! I'll make sure to come by and visit! I actually play on Faeblight.

    @ Akhor: The water garden sounds very lovely!

    Thank you all so much for your replies and for the support and inspiration!

    I bought the Silverwood music box and finally turned my dim into a Valley of Tranquility! I also tried my hand on building on to my little house. I just used the basic building blocks, nothing fancy, but I'm rather pleased by the results. Compared to some of you here, it's rather amateurish though LOL

    I spent hours yesterday evening, just doing that, there was no single shot fired from my bow! LOL (well, expect at my training dummy).

    I also took all your advise and visited two dimensions (yes, afraid to find someone lounging around and look at me like I've lost my mind... entering someone's home, how dare I? LOL) But the dims were deserted, although I did pick up some nice ideas.

    Right now, I have a giant creeping root spanning the center of my pool, which I use to practice my tree balancing/walking/jumping, in order to reach those tough to get artifacts. ;)

    I also have a few boats floating on the water.

    One other question, how do you name your dimension? That's one thing I haven't figured out yet. Does it pop up when I recommend my own dimension? I haven't done that yet, since it doesn't feel "finished" LOL
    Last edited by Agrona77; 04-03-2013 at 06:58 AM.


    Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

  10. #10
    Soulwalker Oonna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default you got the bug!

    Argona, I can tell by your "tone of chat" that the dimension bug has bitten you and that you are completely hooked. Have fun and let us know when you are going to have an open house.
    Oonna

  11. #11
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oonna View Post
    Argona, I can tell by your "tone of chat" that the dimension bug has bitten you and that you are completely hooked. Have fun and let us know when you are going to have an open house.
    LOLOL Oonna, oh how right you are! Then again, I have spent countless hours just decorating my houses in Oblivion and Skyrim! Countless hours I tell you!

    And NOW OMG Now that I actually know what to do with those tiles and boards and metal pipes, my options are endless! I can build a WHOLE HOUSE myself! woohoo! ;)

    I might just invite some people to get some tips and tricks. I can't wait to visit your place, Oonna


    Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Pochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Oh wow! That looks absolutely amazing, Oonna! I'll make sure to come by and visit! I actually play on Faeblight.

    @ Akhor: The water garden sounds very lovely!

    Thank you all so much for your replies and for the support and inspiration!

    I bought the Silverwood music box and finally turned my dim into a Valley of Tranquility! I also tried my hand on building on to my little house. I just used the basic building blocks, nothing fancy, but I'm rather pleased by the results. Compared to some of you here, it's rather amateurish though LOL

    I spent hours yesterday evening, just doing that, there was no single shot fired from my bow! LOL (well, expect at my training dummy).

    I also took all your advise and visited two dimensions (yes, afraid to find someone lounging around and look at me like I've lost my mind... entering someone's home, how dare I? LOL) But the dims were deserted, although I did pick up some nice ideas.

    Right now, I have a giant creeping root spanning the center of my pool, which I use to practice my tree balancing/walking/jumping, in order to reach those tough to get artifacts. ;)

    I also have a few boats floating on the water.

    One other question, how do you name your dimension? That's one thing I haven't figured out yet. Does it pop up when I recommend my own dimension? I haven't done that yet, since it doesn't feel "finished" LOL
    To rename your dimension, open your dimension tab to where it shows "Mine" and you will see it says Dolcega Valley and has a little pencil next to it. You can click there and type the name you want and it will rename it.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

  13. #13
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pochi View Post
    To rename your dimension, open your dimension tab to where it shows "Mine" and you will see it says Dolcega Valley and has a little pencil next to it. You can click there and type the name you want and it will rename it.
    Oh I see! Thank you so much Pochi! I will do that tonight!


    Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Vaishevik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Great to hear you're having fun

    If I'm visiting a dimension to see what it looks like empty, I search for ones that have 0 votes and still have the default name. I like to check out the blank canvas first, before buying.

    If you visit someone's dimension, give them a "+1" and they'll be even happier that you checked them out. Unless they haven't started adding items yet, of course.

    Good call on the Silverwood music; it's pretty relaxed and unobtrusive, which is perfect if you're spending hours playing. er, "working". Whatever.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Agrona77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaishevik View Post
    Great to hear you're having fun

    If I'm visiting a dimension to see what it looks like empty, I search for ones that have 0 votes and still have the default name. I like to check out the blank canvas first, before buying.

    If you visit someone's dimension, give them a "+1" and they'll be even happier that you checked them out. Unless they haven't started adding items yet, of course.

    Good call on the Silverwood music; it's pretty relaxed and unobtrusive, which is perfect if you're spending hours playing. er, "working". Whatever.
    Oh thanks for reminding me about the +1. I did visit two dimensions the other day, and I did look for the lowest rating for one, and decided to check one out with an over 300 rating. Just to get some ideas.

    Yup, I'm very, very happy with the Silverwood music. I can listen to it for hours on end without issues... while I'm "working". LOL


    Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts