+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Debugging Vengeful Sky

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Debugging Vengeful Sky

Hello, fellow dimensioneers!

Some players have reported occasionally falling through the terrain in Vengeful Sky.

If this has happened to you, please give us your feedback. You may post here, or send me a private message, or send us a message in game using the Feedback/Bugs form (be sure to choose Dimensions from the drop-down menu).

We are especially looking for the coordinates where this happens.

Thanks!

I fall through the world almost every time I go into a vengeful sky dimension. I will try to get coords the next time I log in.
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

This bug is newer. It did not happen to me a few weeks ago but now happens every time i am in there.
    Assuming when you zone into the dimension you are facing north. I fall through the map floor in the south-west corner of the map facing the cave entrance. This is just before the ramp up to the right. Image 1 is facing the cave from a distance. Image 2 is me fallen through the floor and not moving (less than 50 yards from the cave)
    Debugging Vengeful Sky-2013-03-19_175128.jpgDebugging Vengeful Sky-2013-03-19_175159.jpg
    izy n sons

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFreak View Post
    This bug is newer. It did not happen to me a few weeks ago but now happens every time i am in there.
    Assuming when you zone into the dimension you are facing north. I fall through the map floor in the south-west corner of the map facing the cave entrance. This is just before the ramp up to the right. Image 1 is facing the cave from a distance. Image 2 is me fallen through the floor and not moving (less than 50 yards from the cave)

izy n sons
    Possible to give a /loc of those trouble spots?
    --BC

I see this is a tough one to pin down.
    I went is to get a loc for your request. After falling i have /loc 1047 891 900.

I was stuck under the map so i zoned out and back in. I went back to the same area and carefully inched forward to try for a more accurate location and was not able to repeat the bug. I stopped inching forward and just ran/jumped all around and still no bug. I then zoned out and back in again and was still not able to repeat the bug.

Shut down the game client and logged back in. Inched forward this time and got 1039 888 901 after falling.

As before, i zoned out of the dimension and back in again. After zoning back in the 2nd time i am not able to reproduce the bug.
    Last edited by FreakyFreak; 03-19-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Two different locations, in two separate vengeful sky dimensions. These are the /locs AFTER falling:

903 886 900

1029 878 906
    Lils@Greybriar

65 Rogue/Dimension Addict

And here I thought it was the old "lq render + lowest possible obj draw distance" bug

Soulwalker

I have the Vengeful Sky dimension, so I will provide some co-ordinates later when I log onto the game.

The problem got so bad with my visitors falling through that I put up barricades at the trouble spots to stop people going there and having a bad experience.

Typically, the issue seems to happen where different terrain types intersect.

Two obvious places are on the far side of the dimension from the spawn point. It looks like there are tunnels/caves going into the hillside and when you run in, you always fall through.

While you are working on this dimension, can you rotate the spawn point 180 degrees? It is just stupid that visitors spawn into your dimension and are facing away from all your building efforts. Players should spawn in looking towards the lake, not away from it.

--
    Ph1x3r

These holes are also in the Vengeful Sky area in the Steppes of Infinity too =v.v=

Before falling: 993 894 848

Took one step towards the "cave/wall", and fell through to:
    1001 878 842

Repeatable, happens every time... tested in 2 dimensions
    Last edited by Aesha; 03-24-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Thank you for all the great feedback!

We think we've figured out the problem, and you should notice that you're not falling through holes as often, if at all, in the next patch.

These fixes are being applied to both the Vengeful Sky dimension and the Vengeful Sky area in the game world.

Yay!!.. because the last patch seemed to make it worse. (I posted about the new issues in another thread, sorry about that)
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Rift Chaser

Dear Faratha,

Could you also finally fix the animation of the Tall Weeping Willow and the missing light from the Orange Brevane Lightpost, please?
    Last edited by Sindariel; 03-28-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Sindariel - Mage - Brutmutter EU

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Thank you for all the great feedback!

We think we've figured out the problem, and you should notice that you're not falling through holes as often, if at all, in the next patch.

These fixes are being applied to both the Vengeful Sky dimension and the Vengeful Sky area in the game world.
    Woot! ty =^.^=

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast