+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Debugging Vengeful Sky

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
    Dear Faratha,

Could you also finally fix the animation of the Tall Weeping Willow and the missing light from the Orange Brevane Lightpost, please?
    Hi Sindariel,

Tall Weeping Willow - no guarantees.

Orange Brevane Lightpost - yes, next hotfix.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Hi Sindariel,

Tall Weeping Willow - no guarantees.

Orange Brevane Lightpost - yes, next hotfix.
    Thank you.
    Sindariel - Mage - Brutmutter EU

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Vengeful Sky

OK this is aggravating.... This problem was posted 3/19/2013 and now its 8/26/2013 and there as been no changes with the Vengeful Sky Dimension. Also your wanting people to give you cords and tell you where it is when it's your game in the first place why don't you get on and find it yourself? Waste of credits for a dimension that doesn't even work.

Vengeful Sky still living up to its name I see...
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

I have not had an issue but everyone I bring there falls through in about the same place as this thread has described. Please fix this as I am spending alot of time and a decent amount of credits to make this somewhere I can show to people but not if this keeps going on.

I've been working on mine quite a bit. Will pick up the rocks etc that i was using to stop-gap the issue and see where exactly it happens.

Do you want areas that are reachable naturally only, or areas i've reached via bridge etc as well? Those ones are nearly entirely broken, for lack of a better word - the ones that you get with a bare dimension are less common, but still annoying.

This is happening to my vengful sky dimension as well. 'Veyn's War Room' on Seastone. It is random when it happens to players that join, its never happened to me though (the owner). I did notice near the front of the spawn area when you zone in that there is a mountain side that is slightly out of place where there is a gap to under the map. facing the zone when entering it is on your left side.

It seems to happen the most when there is uneven terrain or terrain from the mountain overlapping into the path. When people fall through the floor i tell them to swim to this lilly pad i have in the water and then back onto a bridge that i made.

Here is a few pictures of that bugged area.

Debugging Vengeful Sky-2013-11-02_031250.jpgDebugging Vengeful Sky-2013-11-02_031307.jpg

Soulwalker

Default Vengeful Sky dim still buggy - falling through world

Server: Fae Blight
    Dimension: Vengeful Sky - Stormgard

Issue: Falling through the world every time I try and access the dimension. Noted 3 areas that this seems to occur.
    1. When entering the dimension and following the road between the rock path that veers up to the top of the cliffs on the left and the bend in the road - LOC 907/885/898
    2. On the rock path leading up to the top of the cliff - approximately halfway up the path - LOC 882/910/989
    3. Far side of the dim after following the road all the way around to the little flat area running down to the waters edge - Approximate LOC 1025/894/925

Date of 1st Occurence: Monday, December 2, 2013
    Date of Last Occurence: On-going issue. Happened almost a dozen times before I was able to make it to the structure that has been built on the far side of the dim.
    Last edited by lpcg330; 12-03-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Rift Disciple

This happens to me regularly in CQ Stillmoor when I use Harb's Planar Retreat.

If I could do it on purpose it could double as a Harb slip away

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” - Laozi

i've reported probably 10 or 12 points where i got stuck and reported before zoning out, so i was directly below whereever the 'hole' was. Feel like it'll never be fixed, but whatever. /:

Telaran

Thumbs down Still falling through the world almost every time I am in Vengeful sky

Just came here looking to see if this was a known bug because it happens multiple times a day...and I can never have visitors..lol

The problem area seems to be to be the left side of the zone (if you are facing the lake) I never fall through the right side but left side I ALWAYS go through. The area in front of and around the cave is where I can look up through the world and see the house I built there. but the land on the side where you would ride to the house/cave is very bad. I have tried riding normally, running, inching forward, it's never the same place so it's hard to say where the problem actually is because I almost always fall through, but not in the same places. And you can't swim back to the surface,there is always something blocking the way. You have to zone out and try again.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by softcell72 View Post
    Just came here looking to see if this was a known bug because it happens multiple times a day...and I can never have visitors..lol

The problem area seems to be to be the left side of the zone (if you are facing the lake) I never fall through the right side but left side I ALWAYS go through. The area in front of and around the cave is where I can look up through the world and see the house I built there. but the land on the side where you would ride to the house/cave is very bad. I have tried riding normally, running, inching forward, it's never the same place so it's hard to say where the problem actually is because I almost always fall through, but not in the same places. And you can't swim back to the surface,there is always something blocking the way. You have to zone out and try again.
    Awww sorry to see this issue arise again. A fix was applied in Hotfix 2.6

* Vengeful Sky now has a 'floor' under the ground.

Hopefully something just poked it and can be easily fixed!

Telaran

Default anyone have a stop-gap to use until this is actually fixed?

I have put a lot of time into this dimension and really don't want to have to shelve it but I literally fall through every time now. I've tried placing large rocks where I "think" the holes are but still keep falling through. There is indeed a "floor" but it doesn't help you get to the surface, it just keeps you from "drowning" until you port out.

Could you put tiles just under the surface? Of course, that's not going to work if you are fighting the item count....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Could you put tiles just under the surface? Of course, that's not going to work if you are fighting the item count....
    Item count is getting to be a problem but Maybe a rectangle at it's largest size, It will show through though since the ground is uneven all along there but if it keeps me from having to port out and run back every time it'll be worth it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast