+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: The Snow Lotus - A Kestrel's Cry Ravine Dimension

Default Updated for 2.3!

Remodeling time!

This was one of the first dimensions I finished, and one of my favorites. So, I decided to give it a much needed makeover for 2.3. I'll leave a teaser screenshot and a link to the full album. If you'd like to see the updates in person, it's still on Greybriar, under my main, Lils.

Hope you like it! =)

The Snow Lotus (Part 2.3)

The Snow Lotus - A Kestrel's Cry Ravine Dimension-2013-07-13_044547.jpg

Here's the album link:

http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Ma...20Snow%20Lotus
    Lils@Greybriar

60 Rogue/Dimension Addict

What are you feeding that thing? It GREW!

It was already beautiful, and now it's even more so. I'm so glad you kept the original flavor of the dimension as you built it, and the added details are incredible. ./Salute.
    Dimensions on Greybriar: Cloud Garden : Crowned by Stars : Ancient Splendors : Temple of the Vigilant Messenger : Valley of the Lost : Jewel of the Desert : The Oracle's Aerie : Autumn Lodge : The Sirens' Grotto: A Cold Winter's Night : Garden of the Benevolent
    Dimensions on Zaviel: Weary Traveler's Rest
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours : Player Creations : Building Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    What are you feeding that thing? It GREW!
    Lol, I know right? I like to think of it as the monks who keep the place got a bunch of charitable donations over the past months ;) They have not been idle in putting them to use!

Quote Originally Posted by Feendish View Post
    It was already beautiful, and now it's even more so. I'm so glad you kept the original flavor of the dimension as you built it, and the added details are incredible. ./Salute.
    Thank you! Yea, I tried not to change the essence much. Just tried to make it bigger and better in any way I could think of. Glad I finally had the item count to add in the little mystical cave and tree I had originally wanted.

I'd still love about 200 more items to really fill the space up. Maybe they can give us spiral staircases eventually, or I could redo them to save a ton of items.
    Lils@Greybriar

I'm so glad I have tourist toons now! This is one of the dimensions I regretted not visiting so when I saw you updated it I immediately hopped on to have a look. I absolutely love it! So gorgeous, and the pink flowers in the snow setting is just awesome Love all the details too, like the koi pond around the base and the gong on the top level. I had to take a couple screenshots of my own cuz I just couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
    I'm so glad I have tourist toons now! This is one of the dimensions I regretted not visiting so when I saw you updated it I immediately hopped on to have a look. I absolutely love it! So gorgeous, and the pink flowers in the snow setting is just awesome Love all the details too, like the koi pond around the base and the gong on the top level. I had to take a couple screenshots of my own cuz I just couldn't resist!
    Awesome! So happy you enjoyed it. Hopefully somewhere down the road, they'll give us actual koi to put in that pond ;)
    Lils@Greybriar

Love your updates to this, Lils. Especially the gong!!!
    Karthan Paradise, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Bywater, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Sanguine Summer, City Library, Breached Chamber, Dolcega Hotspot, Enei's Challenge, Beautiful Insanity's Lost in Wonderland, Indomitus' Hang Out
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Love your updates to this, Lils. Especially the gong!!!
    Thanks, Jaedor. Sorry for the delayed response. Out of town for a few weeks and having a hard time sneaking away for my dimension fix.

Hopefully, I plan on adding more stuff later, when I can figure out more efficient stairs, that look decent.
    Lils@Greybriar

Awesome, never saw the original, so I'm definitely coming to visit tonight! Looks amazing and I love all these Asian themes!

Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

Quote Originally Posted by Maddori View Post
    Thanks, Jaedor. Sorry for the delayed response. Out of town for a few weeks and having a hard time sneaking away for my dimension fix.

Hopefully, I plan on adding more stuff later, when I can figure out more efficient stairs, that look decent.
    I actually like the stairs the way they are. Poles and corner posts make a very tight spiral when space is at a premium.
    Karthan Paradise, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Bywater, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Sanguine Summer, City Library, Breached Chamber, Dolcega Hotspot, Enei's Challenge, Beautiful Insanity's Lost in Wonderland, Indomitus' Hang Out
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    Awesome, never saw the original, so I'm definitely coming to visit tonight! Looks amazing and I love all these Asian themes!
    Thanks. The original was the second dimension I ever completed. So, it was definitely time for an update. Pretty much the same though, just bigger, richer, and has a fresh coat of paint ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    I actually like the stairs the way they are. Poles and corner posts make a very tight spiral when space is at a premium.
    Hmmm, I'll keep this in mind. The only other things I really wanted to add, are more landscaping, a large gate, and some more odds and ends. But if you think the staircase flows well enough without a redo, I might just leave it as is.
    Lils@Greybriar

I stopped by your beautiful, amazing dim the other day! I truly enjoyed my visit. It's simply breathtaking!

Agrona/Hailol-Glen of Monrylee, Souq Asha, Shangri La; Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis; Sheelana/Hailol-RobCo Industries; Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach; Bodicca/Faeblight: Uznahgaar Volum

Soulwalker

This dimension seriously gave me chills! It is so well done, and I really love the Japanese feel to it. Possibly one of my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    I stopped by your beautiful, amazing dim the other day! I truly enjoyed my visit. It's simply breathtaking!

Glad you enjoyed it! =) I got to visit yours today and loved it, also.

Quote Originally Posted by gman8100 View Post
    This dimension seriously gave me chills! It is so well done, and I really love the Japanese feel to it. Possibly one of my favorites
    Thanks for such an awesome compliment! Now I gotta get this perma-grin off my face so people don't think I'm a weirdo ;)
    Lils@Greybriar

I really like the use of the ground effects to make some unique pieces. The box structure for the bonsai tree looks really cool.
    Oh and thanks for providing a mallet! I banged out a sweet tune but no one was there to hear it.
    Dims on Greybriar: izydoesit- Fus Ro Dah / freakyfreak- River Gods / amorica- Izy n Sons
    Ideas worth trying. *Please take them and make them even better.*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2