• 2 Post By Zyonyx
  • 1 Post By Jaedor
  • 1 Post By Kitasia
  • 3 Post By Xillean
  • 1 Post By Indicam

Thread: Gartyn's Amphora

Rift Chaser

Default Gartyn's Amphora

... is now Bind on pickup. WTF Trion!?!?

You really want to take the Joy out of the "Joy of Dimensions", right?...
    Last edited by Sindariel; 01-31-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Aww I was afraid this would happen.

What really bugs me the most though is that these are steath changes.

To counter this, we need more dimension items that spawn NPCs. It would be nice to place guards and stuff.

Well that completely screws up a project I was working on.

First the new fishing BoP items, and now this. It's starting to remind me of Blizzard. Create something interesting, and then kill it with pointless limitations.

Should we expect that all the rep items will also become soulbound in a stealth nerf?? Right now, I have to have the rep to be able to buy those items but once they are mine they can be sent to an alt or even sold on AH.

I was really, really delighted with how Rift implemented Dimensions, but all these changes are really tarnishing the shine on it for me. I'm getting really bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    Should we expect that all the rep items will also become soulbound in a stealth nerf?? Right now, I have to have the rep to be able to buy those items but once they are mine they can be sent to an alt or even sold on AH.

I was really, really delighted with how Rift implemented Dimensions, but all these changes are really tarnishing the shine on it for me. I'm getting really bummed.
    I guess I better go buy some leaf platforms and bogling lamp posts real fast while I still can!
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Great now i have a bank alt with 4 and I have none on my main account some how I got super lucky and was to lazy to move my candy canes and presents .So at least they are on my main account.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Great now i have a bank alt with 4 and I have none on my main account some how I got super lucky and was to lazy to move my candy canes and presents .So at least they are on my main account.
    And you just reminded me my Candy Canes are stuck on my alt too... Trion you guys need to stop using that bop button and use boa, I understand your trying to prevent bots from getting items easy and selling for plat but you need to stop punishing the legitimate players and you need to communicate with us, you guys use to be really great but here lately you change things and dont even give us the courtesy of telling us.

Dimensional Engineers are people too! Make the Candy Canes and Presents BOA for 2,2 like the fishing items please.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    And you just reminded me my Candy Canes are stuck on my alt too...
    I'll quote myself from another Thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
    I found out, that you can still pick those xmas items up from your alts dimension. After that, they are soulbound to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
    I'll quote myself from another Thread:
    Sadly doesnt help since my toon had most the items in her bag not a dimension.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    To counter this, we need more dimension items that spawn NPCs. It would be nice to place guards and stuff.
    Also too would love having little animals to roam around. Like the deer, rabbits, coyotes, snakes etc that are out in the world now.
    Seltara ~ Defiant

Plane Touched

Yes, I noticed this the other day when I went to check on an alt. It had some candy canes, so naturally I moved them to my Bank ALT (as I'd done with all the others) ... wtf?

I can't move it ... its freakin SOULBOUND.

So I check my bank alt, sure enough they are Soulbound here too, now I can't use them on my main!

I'm already "over" the fishing items being soulbound, now this?

Seriously Trion?
    Last edited by Everfire; 02-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

Does this mean they'll come out with intentional NPC spawning items? Because I only had Gartyn as a 'temp' for servants around my house, and was hoping for some better looking NPCs.
    Still, taking him away and not adding intentional NPCs would be pretty harsh.

Edit: And I don't mean more Nico and the guild quest guy. They need to not have a specific function, and not be attached to a really specific item. Like Gartyn, but less creepy lookin', and no <Failed Dimension Engineer> overhead.
    Last edited by LilliumElessa; 02-01-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Poor Gartyn.. I did have him slaving over a hot stove.. but he got drunk on the cooking wine and fell in the swimming pool.. I can't tell if he's dead or just floating there. Worst thing is.. I can no longer hire a replacement when he kicks the bucket and I did the quest on my main. There goes my plan to level alts, get Gartyns for all my dimensions or even have my own personal army of fellas in decidedly odd outfits!
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Poor Gartyn.. I did have him slaving over a hot stove.. but he got drunk on the cooking wine and fell in the swimming pool.. I can't tell if he's dead or just floating there. Worst thing is.. I can no longer hire a replacement when he kicks the bucket and I did the quest on my main. There goes my plan to level alts, get Gartyns for all my dimensions or even have my own personal army of fellas in decidedly odd outfits!
    Same here. =/

+ Reply to Thread