+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Telara's first toilet!

Soulwalker

Default Telara's first toilet!

Well okay, it's just an outhouse. BUT its lighted, has a door and reading material that can be utilized for the paper! Earth's Acre, I have had a great time building it but I want more TOOLS! YES I want to be able to group my objects and copy and paste them as whole please. Need a way to cut objects so I can just use a partial element instead of finding some way to hide the "overs". Smaller controls please they get in the way right now. Please a larger limit on objects please. Those of us who build run into a limit pretty quickly. TY Trion, dimensions perked up my day.

Rift Disciple

You can already group objects and move them, being able to copy a group would be very helpful at times.
    If us builders could only have 1 thing right now my vote would be for a higher item cap limit.
    Kagukan - Greybriar - My old dimension "I call it home" Stone Flask Tavern. Latest dimension "Blue Toilet Paper" Moonshade Highlands. Stop by for a visit.

There is a addon called" toolbox" that will allow you to save a copy of a group . It will do alot more then that . However since because of my particular brain injury. Numbers dont make much since in my head so I cant help with the other parts of it. Nor can I use the other parts of it yet. It is amazing to be able to save a 200 piece build and just lay out the pieces somewhere else. Shift click them all, click load and poof there it is in a new dimension.

Haven't seen yours to know how it turned out, but I'd found a breakdown to do a well-made toilet on riftdimension.com that makes a good one. I used it to make an outhouse in my main's dimension a couple months back, even has a beehive shrunk down inside it to have the fly effect. Complete w/ bookcase, tp and flowerpot for the smell =p. As for Dimension Toolbox addon, it's indispensable.

It's not very user friendly for those not already familiar w/ graphic design (which I'm not) and there's not much in the way of instructions, but once you figure it out, it's a must for precision building. You can enter coordinates for items, copy/paste items into place, make perfect alignments and angles. You can make a floor or wall or roof in seconds. Want to make a tile into a wall? Type in 90 in the pitch or roll fields and hit rotate. Bam... perfect 90 degree vertical wall.

Only downside it it's infinitely more complicated to use if you're not building along the natural NSEW compass points. Math becomes much harder to copy/paste into the locations you want. I had to build an entire house and shift/click 400+ items, then move the whole structure to where I wanted it. So, it doesn't make things super-easy, but it's too good an addon to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    Only downside it it's infinitely more complicated to use if you're not building along the natural NSEW compass points. Math becomes much harder to copy/paste into the locations you want. I had to build an entire house and shift/click 400+ items, then move the whole structure to where I wanted it. So, it doesn't make things super-easy, but it's too good an addon to not use it.
    I have a dimensioneer friend on Faeblight who was trying to do this for his guild's Caer Kholum dimension and every time he tried to move it, it crashed his pc. Eventually they just left the entire structure outside the castle. >.<

Soulwalker

Default AGh Where did it go??

K, I got my little cactus garden going in front. But I went to gather the mats to make my compost bin and found the haystack is no longer available from the landscape guy!! Where did it go, can't compost or mulch without my hay, hey!! What's an ascended to do after a hard day of killing monsters without a little peaceful gardening?

+ Reply to Thread