+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Shattered
  • 5 Post By LilliumElessa
  • 1 Post By Shattered

Thread: xmas items bop now...?

Rift Disciple

Default xmas items bop now...?

So I am not sure how you guys store your items but I have a guild bank on one of my alts and I store a large chunk in that vault. Today when I rolled an alt to look into the fishing bot thing, I noticed his xmas stuff was bound to him and I couldn't send it to my alt bank. When I looked into the guild bank those items said bop so whatever toon of mine picks them up is going to own them.

This may be old news but I didn't know about it until today so thought I would share just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparo View Post
    So I am not sure how you guys store your items but I have a guild bank on one of my alts and I store a large chunk in that vault. Today when I rolled an alt to look into the fishing bot thing, I noticed his xmas stuff was bound to him and I couldn't send it to my alt bank. When I looked into the guild bank those items said bop so whatever toon of mine picks them up is going to own them.

This may be old news but I didn't know about it until today so thought I would share just in case.
    If they are now BoP I will really be upset because I have all my extra dimension items stored in an alt's dimension as an inventory storage yard. /worries

Hmmm....I don't know because I send the Christmas items back and forth between two characters atm because my bank is full. They have been sitting in the mailbox though so I don't know if they are bop now as I haven't paid any attention.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Yes the promotional Christmas items are going BoP in a patch coming soon. The Fae Yule present pile and the candy canes from the Christmas promotion are BoP on the public test shard now.

Items from the world event are not BoP, so your lights and snow piles, wreaths and candles are safe.

I'm going to spread my Christmas promotion items out amongst my toons in case it never reverts to BOA.

On a related note, the items rewarded for voting and entering into The Joy of Dimensions are also BoP.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Thanks for the update, Tam. I'm relieved most of it is safe for the moment and will likely follow your lead spreading the wealth around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    Yes the promotional Christmas items are going BoP in a patch coming soon. The Fae Yule present pile and the candy canes from the Christmas promotion are BoP on the public test shard now.
    Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Trion needs to steer away from this course of binding dimension items if they don't want their players turning away from the Dimension feature in disgust.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Rift Disciple

Mine are BOP now on live not a future patch.
    Last edited by Sparo; 01-30-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post

On a related note, the items rewarded for voting and entering into The Joy of Dimensions are also BoP.
    How are you getting the items for entering and voting? I have entered and voted and haven't received codes for anything and can't see codes for voting because I don't use chrome..... What about for entering though?
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Rift Disciple

... Horse****.
    People are pissed off enough about BoP fishing items, why the **** would they change additional existing items to BoP? Is someone at Trion a ****ing moron?

Yeah I can't figure this out. It wasn't broken so why are they fiddling with it this way?? It is removing a lot of the wonderful flexibility and awesomeness of the system they designed. I just don't get it.

Rift Chaser

I found out, that you can still pick those xmas items up from your alts dimension. After that, they are soulbound to you.

How many other dimension items are going to become soulbound in the future with no notice? I am rethinking this whole dimension thing. What a waste to invest in dimension items that can no longer be used because they've been stored on alt.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Soulwalker

This whole BoP dimension item crap is driving me away from the dimension fun. I can currently afford to upkeep 1 dimension max. If I can't get any new items to that dimension I'll just stop meddling with that one.

This whole dimension thingy was the best thing in the expansion and now Trion is ****** it? I just don't get it...

I find myself really afraid to pick up anything from my inventory dimension for fear it will become instantly soulbound, and perhaps not changed to BoA whenever 2.2 drops.

I have multiple Gartyns in the dimension entered in the contest. If I remove one, I'm guessing it will become insta-bound on the toon that picks it up. Of course, it might not even let me remove one now... Gah

+ Reply to Thread