+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Milyssa
  • 3 Post By Xenoheart
  • 2 Post By Xillean
  • 2 Post By LilliumElessa

Thread: Selling Vendor Items in AH

Default Selling Vendor Items in AH

This needs to stop. Players are making profit from other players who are ignorant to the fact that some of the dimension items are cheaper buying it through vendors all over Telara.

Players before you buy anything (esp. crafting or dimension items), see if they can be obtain from vendors.

Here is a link that list all the vendors and what they are selling (dimension wise).

http://www.riftdimension.com/?page_id=450

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

At the risk of being flamed, I sell the items from TB vendors on AH at a low markup for players who were like me: lower level, without access to Tempest Bay, without a lot of plat, who loved dimensions.

When I was trying to find items and get artisan marks for crafting them, I was grateful to the folks who sold off their overflow on the AH. Without them, I had no access to bookcases, elven coffee tables, pirate ladders, hanging lanterns and village lampposts.

Edit: I have also told high level buyers where to find these items so they don't have to pay an inflated price.
    Last edited by Jaedor; 01-29-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Ascendant

Can people without SL win auctions, and use items, that were purchased from the vendor in TB? If they can, they the people who are selling vendor purchased items are doing those NON-SL players a favor and should be permited to continue this service.

If players cannot place the objects, this would be a dis-service... but I don't think that's the case.

If you purchase from the AH without doing homework on the item in question, then you are agreeing to pay the asked price. Be that high or low, that is your choice.

Yesterday my brother bought a brand new waffle maker on ebay and was pretty happy. Well he was pretty happy till he saw the original price at kohl's (he payed too much on the online auction compared to the actual instore price). My brother thought that it was a bad idea for those responsible for running the online auction community to allow overpricing of auctions compared to that of actual retail prices, or even selling of items available by an original vendor or retailer. They told him he should do his consumer research before commiting to such a purchase....

What are we talking about again?

All I know is I want waffles.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 01-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I was able to purchase items from the AH and use them when I was lower level and hadn't been to TB. I also still purchase items from the AH that I haven't earned the rep to purchase myself.

When I first started doing dimensions, I bought some stuff from AH I didn't know I could get off vendors, but, I chalked it up to lesson learned and did my research after that.

I think it's funny how much the Fae Yule stuff sold for on auction during Fae Yule when you could buy the stuff for a handful of snowflakes.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Sometimes I will have extra or redo something and no longer need quite as many of a item I had bought from a vendor and will resell it on the AH however I do not do it for profit and usually its 20% or so cheaper then what it cost to buy originally. Some things I sell from the vendor I do mark up but its based off special access, for example completing all puzzles for sl so you then have the right to buy the Dominios for Dimensions. In that case I see nothing wrong with that, people are paying for my time and effort (and plat some of them artifacts where costly) to get the Dominios without going out and doing all the puzzles themselves.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Shadowlander

lol, OP got took

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    Can people without SL win auctions, and use items, that were purchased from the vendor in TB? If they can, they the people who are selling vendor purchased items are doing those NON-SL players a favor and should be permited to continue this service.
    If you purchase from the AH without doing homework on the item in question, then you are agreeing to pay the asked price. Be that high or low, that is your choice.
    Yes, non-SL accounts can use SL items that have been obtained from other people, so long as the item does not say "Requires Storm Legion". Selling vendor junk on the AH for non-SL accounts is a totally valid service.

I would not call selling to low-level players who "can't reach" TB a service, as you can reach TB as soon as you pop out of the starter zone. It is extremely easy. (Hey, over Fae Yule there was a free port directly between your capitol city and TB! That's even easier than a banner!)
    Of course, the same people who own SL and think they can't reach TB because they're "too low level" most likely fall under the last bit of what Milyssa said; they're too lazy/stupid/friendless to actually look for where to get/do things, and they deserve what they've walked into.

To vendor items that require rep level, quest completion, favor, or some other obstacle passed first: That is a completely legit service.
    My entire guild is nuts over dimensions, and not a single one of us have Glorified with the Lycini, so our sky projectors are all off the AH. Most of us don't have decorated+ Torvan either.
    I loathe PvP so items purchased with favor I'm pretty happy to see (and once in a while buy) on the AH.
    The nug item vendor is hidden behind two (albeit easy) quest chains that require ~lvl 56 to complete; selling these on the AH is a legit service to those of a lower level, w/o SL, or who just haven't gotten over to do the quest chains yet.
    Still waiting for the domino pieces from Omi to show up on the AH... You know you have to complete all the SL puzzles before she'll sell them to you? Uhg. >.<

Edit: Selling things for slightly less than vendor because they were extra is fine too. You can't get as much as it cost to buy them back, so you may as well try to recoup slightly more and do a favor to some random person on the AH. Also, you're more likely to actually sell vendor stuff this way than with any markup or even equal to vendor price.
    Last edited by LilliumElessa; 01-29-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    What are we talking about again?

All I know is I want waffles.
    Mmmmm, waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    Yes, non-SL accounts can use SL items that have been obtained from other people, so long as the item does not say "Requires Storm Legion". Selling vendor junk on the AH for non-SL accounts is a totally valid service.

I would not call selling to low-level players who "can't reach" TB a service, as you can reach TB as soon as you pop out of the starter zone. It is extremely easy. (Hey, over Fae Yule there was a free port directly between your capitol city and TB! That's even easier than a banner!)
    Of course, the same people who own SL and think they can't reach TB because they're "too low level" most likely fall under the last bit of what Milyssa said; they're too lazy/stupid/friendless to actually look for where to get/do things, and they deserve what they've walked into.

To vendor items that require rep level, quest completion, favor, or some other obstacle passed first: That is a completely legit service.
    My entire guild is nuts over dimensions, and not a single one of us have Glorified with the Lycini, so our sky projectors are all off the AH. Most of us don't have decorated+ Torvan either.
    I loathe PvP so items purchased with favor I'm pretty happy to see (and once in a while buy) on the AH.
    The nug item vendor is hidden behind two (albeit easy) quest chains that require ~lvl 56 to complete; selling these on the AH is a legit service to those of a lower level, w/o SL, or who just haven't gotten over to do the quest chains yet.
    Still waiting for the domino pieces from Omi to show up on the AH... You know you have to complete all the SL puzzles before she'll sell them to you? Uhg. >.<

Edit: Selling things for slightly less than vendor because they were extra is fine too. You can't get as much as it cost to buy them back, so you may as well try to recoup slightly more and do a favor to some random person on the AH. Also, you're more likely to actually sell vendor stuff this way than with any markup or even equal to vendor price.
    Send a alt to Faeblight unless your a native and ill happily buy you a set at cost and trade them to you, its 70 plat for all 7

Edit: If you do come by let me know either here or send a pm to Kattie as thats the toon im on most
    Last edited by Xillean; 01-29-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I would generally say that putting things from vendors on the AH is alright, when it reaches people who would otherwise not be able to get their hands on it. The conquest sky and planarite dimension rewards are some that I sometimes sell out of, usually when I've bought too many, because I know other people wont be able to access them in the earlier levels.

However if it is done purely with the intention to "scam/scheme" more money out of people then I do not think it is alright, especially not if the items are very overpriced.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

+ Reply to Thread