+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Long Workbench madness...!!!!

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Aesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    498

    Default Long Workbench madness...!!!!

    I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this..

    One day one, I got a wide variety of items from the treasure boxes in Moonshade Highlands (including the workbench, but not too many).

    Starting on day two.. 95% of the fished treasure chests, are giving Long Workbench.

    I have 35 of them already. Give me a break!
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Pochi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
    I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this..

    One day one, I got a wide variety of items from the treasure boxes in Moonshade Highlands (including the workbench, but not too many).

    Starting on day two.. 95% of the fished treasure chests, are giving Long Workbench.

    I have 35 of them already. Give me a break!
    All I get from Silverwood are the dwarven chairs. I don't know if anything else comes from Silverwood.....
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Aesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    498

    Default

    I got a Tall Weeping Willow from Silverwood this morning.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    328

    Default

    It seems like there is a bit of a skewed distribution from chests.
    You get about 9-10 chairs, rocks, or benches, fairly plain most of the time.
    2-3 trees or rocks.
    And finally 1, if you're really lucky 2, of a grand item, like a boat, dragon skull, massive tower, etc.

    I fished up 3 Round Flesh Rugs in Pelladane. Also got 14 desk scales, about 5 trees, and 2 small boats.
    in Stonefield, I got a Gravestone in my first chest, and now I have 11 stone pedestals, 2 slender trees, and more Cascadefish than I care to count.

    There is a definite rng based grind aspect to dimension fishing. The rng of getting the chest, and the rng of getting something worthwhile out of the chest... Its kind of annoying tbh.

    The really funny thing is, this will, and has led to people coming up with ways to try and make fishing easier. Most of these "dim-fishers" are legit, using Enduring Trophy Lures, opening chests as they get them, and running off for CQ when the timer hits. Some of them have found ways to make fishing a bit easier by remapping the left click to some place on the keyboard, and mapping their fishing pole next to it. Turn on autoloot by default and you have got fishing down to 2 buttons. So sit back and fish.

    This is good and creative and all, cept it falls under the category of botting, and odds are the server will give you a temp ban if you do it enough... Ironic isnt it? Add cool stuff to boring fishing, make it a twofold rng to people have to grind grind grind... then have the system ban them for making it a bit less tiring to grind...

    Yeah... anyone found a way to just place the fishing target circle on a spot under your mouse without actually clicking the mouse? So you can aim once, and do the rest using just 2 keys on the keyboard?

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    hot buttons are bans? You can remap the buttons in the game UI.. why is that bannable? Or do you just mean from mouse to keyboard?

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I made a keybind from my mouse to an actionbar slot (which contains my fishingpole). So all i do is Lclick to cast and my other mouse button to activate or reel it in. Smallified windowed mode to 5cmx10cm, turn off all sounds except for ability sound or something....pop on a show and listen to the fishing sounds.

    Still boring....but a bit less annoying if you combined it with a good show. Only annoying part is when i forget to re-apply my lure

    But to the OP...the rng is a ***** yea.
    Last edited by Mentrum; 01-27-2013 at 05:43 AM.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Ya I have 18 just trying to get one tree hehe. I just wish the chest drop was higher it takes forever to fish them up .However I am very very glad I have a way any way to get these items.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenji1134 View Post
    It seems like there is a bit of a skewed distribution from chests.
    You get about 9-10 chairs, rocks, or benches, fairly plain most of the time.
    2-3 trees or rocks.
    And finally 1, if you're really lucky 2, of a grand item, like a boat, dragon skull, massive tower, etc.
    I've actually gotten a LOT of boats... But I have no dimensions with appropriate water for them, and the boats are too big at their minimum to be toys, mantle pieces, or ship-in-a-bottle decorations.

    But yes, the randomization is absurdly bad. I've been hopping from area to area so my buildup isn't too abysmal yet, but a friend of mine really wants an Elven Bed from Scarwood and after hours of fishing she only found a couple dozen of that fugly tree stump and a handful of floating boxes. Elsewhere she wants furniture, and only gets rocks/signs/etc.

    Personally, I'm getting irked with the lures just as much as the bad randomization. At first I was getting 3-5 treasure chests per trophy lure, but now I'm getting ... maybe one? And then its some crappy item I already have...

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Aesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post

    Personally, I'm getting irked with the lures just as much as the bad randomization. At first I was getting 3-5 treasure chests per trophy lure, but now I'm getting ... maybe one? And then its some crappy item I already have...
    Exactly my point. On day one, the rng was fine.. nice variety from the chests, but starting on day 2.. felt like a database nerf hammer hit.

    Same with the number of chests. At first I thought the enduring trophy lures were bugged in the old world zones, but then after crafting some, found the timed trophy lures had become just as bad.

    Now I am getting maybe one per lure, and sometimes one per three lures. Past experience? 1-4 per enduring lure. I wouldnt mind the biased drop rate on items so much, if there hadnt been a drop in the chest rate as well.

    Bah.. bleh.. yuck
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

  10. #10
    General of Telara Jaedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    970

    Default

    So far, it looks like items are zone-limited and kind of appropriate. Gloamwood produces caskets and sword gravemarkers, for example. And it looks like there are 6 or so items for each area. I fished in a dozen different areas and multiples dropped from the same zone and turn-ins.

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Alessar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    All the droughtlands chests (from daily turn-ins) the last 2 days have given me a turquoise boulder, and then I got lucky and got 1 Ethian shrine. But when I went over to Moonshade lured by the Stone Garden Gazebo ... I got long workbench after long workbench.
    Last edited by Alessar; 01-28-2013 at 09:58 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    397

    Default

    After 5 hours of fishing and 15 workbenches, I finally got my blue sailing ship, yesterday.

  13. #13
    General of Telara Dyeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Too many boats and not enough water in my dimension. Would like them to scale smaller for some ship-in-a-bottle uses, or as little bath toys for the public bath area of my dimension.

    Would be nice if we got tokens from the chests that can be used to buy the dimension items for that zone, that way we can pick and choose the number of each item we need for what we are building. Only other RNG based dimension items are the few that drop from dungeons and the different orbs from the Morban puzzle, everything else can be mass produced/bought in specific quantities..

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dyeus View Post
    Too many boats and not enough water in my dimension. Would like them to scale smaller for some ship-in-a-bottle uses, or as little bath toys for the public bath area of my dimension.

    Would be nice if we got tokens from the chests that can be used to buy the dimension items for that zone, that way we can pick and choose the number of each item we need for what we are building. Only other RNG based dimension items are the few that drop from dungeons and the different orbs from the Morban puzzle, everything else can be mass produced/bought in specific quantities..
    Both great ideas. My dimension is stone flask and there is really no place to put a bunch of large boats. Scalling them down so they could be used as decoration would be great.

    Token turn in is a great idea. Its at the point now where I am starting to vendor trash some of the fishing dimension items because I have too many or just dont want them. Being able to choose an item by cashing in a token would be a blessing for sure.
    Kagukan - Greybriar - My old dimension "I call it home" Stone Flask Tavern. Latest dimension "Blue Toilet Paper" Moonshade Highlands. Stop by for a visit.

  15. #15
    General of Telara Dyeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    907

    Default

    If we could get or create some wings or the ships, we could make a flying armada...anyone have ideas for how to build some wings?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts