+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Item limit and dimension cost suggestion

Default Item limit and dimension cost suggestion

I think it would be nice if all mid and high cost dimensions had an upper item limit of 1250, rather than just Dormant Core. Maybe upgrades cost more for some than others and initial price may vary, but you should at least be able to get there if you have the plat.
    The reason I am thinking this is because I built a castle and maxed out at 500 items before I was able to decorate it. I was like DAMN now I have to tear it down, upgrade to a dimension with a higher limit, and then start over. What a pain!
    I guess the higher cost is for more items to some degree, but what if you could get lower tier dimensions cheaper but upgrades cost more so you eventually ended up with the same price and the same item limit? Then item count isn't the only thing limiting your choice for a dimension to call home!

Rift Disciple

The dimensions probably need some semblance of item limit tier, if for no other reason than their size.
    I personally think that Dormant Core needs about 2x the item limit it has, at least, because of how enormous the space is. None of the other (personal) dimensions really need something as high as 2.5k (or even 2k) items though.
    On the other side of that, most of the 10p dimensions honestly don't need more items because the space is so limited. Sure, maybe another 100 to give those creative constructions in Dolcega some breathing room, but 1000 items in those would mostly be overwhelming verging silly.

I think most of the problem with item limits lie in the 100p/300p range. Frankly put, the 100p dimensions are not much smaller than the 300p dimensions as far as buildable space. (You could make an argument for building up, but the "roofs" of Faen's and C.Nec are actually very high, there's just nothing interesting up there.) The price difference is negligible, unless you've got some serious cash flow problems, but the 100p dimensions suffer badly at 250 items short of similar-sized dimensions. Strozza (and I think Bogling Boggle) was originally the same item limit as the 100p dimensions, but was boosted up an item limit tier because of the difficulty to obtain, and fares much better in an items:space ratio than otherwise.
    Personally, I purchased all of my dimensions based on the style and atmosphere they offered. I find it fairly disappointing that cheery Faen's and impressive C.Nec have a smaller item limit than fugly-view Shoreward or bland-and-drab Vengeful Sky. (And I didn't need the "homey" feeling of Stoneflask for my characters that purchased Faens and C.Nec.) I would have gladly paid 300p (which was 500p when I purchased my dimensions) if they had an item limit equal to the dimensions in that higher price and item bracket. (I mean, I forked out 1000p for a damn mount. Clearly I have no sense of money management when it comes to things I want.)
    I think that the 100p/300p item-limit tiers should be merged into one, costing either 200p or 300p, and the item limit for all these "mid-range" dimensions should be 1000 (until the cap is increased again across the board or another 5th upgrade level is allowed).
    Last edited by LilliumElessa; 01-27-2013 at 03:36 PM.

I think all of the dimensions need to have their item limit boosted. The larger dimensions definitely need higher! I like the idea to let us keep throwing plat at the item limit to keep raising it. Yes, it probably needs a cutoff somewhere but 760 for Faen's is ridiculously low. The tavern is low, Dormant Core is low. There is so much space in the dimensions and really easy to hit the cap if you are into building or interior design.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Plane Touched

I think it's wrong to say "that dimension does not need a higher limit" etc, simply because i believe that we should have the OPTION to upgrade to more items. Every creator is diffrent, and if you have an eye for details you spend items really fast.

I bought Dormant Core for 1900 plat i think it was, and the sole reason for this was the item count, not the space of it.

Trion please hear us on this - we need more items. ESPECIALLY FOR GUILD DIMENSIONS!

Rift Disciple

I like the idea of the limits being raised as long as you keep tossing plat at it. I recently started builbing at Stone Flask. I am at 400 items right now and still on the inside of the house with much more to do. I can easily see hitting the 1000 item limit in the future.

Item counts were raised 25% (and prices lowered by half in some cases) in the first update after SL launch. The reason for the cap was shard load balancing, and beyond that I have no idea of the tech challenges.

Like you, I'd love to see item counts boosted but I'm not holding my breath.

Soulwalker

First thank you for the new addition of dimensions to this expansion. Alot of us find it relaxing to go and chill and create fun stuff in a virtual space. That being said,a higher item number cap would be awesome. It can be frustrating that your ideas run outta room quickly. In any instance most could easily double the number of items and still need more. The 25% boost was great, but many detailed and creative dimensions feel empty or have to used a "forced perspective" approach to achieve thier aims with the space. Decorating is fun, but some really wanna dig in and build some awesome stuff. So have some virtual bacon on the dimension community, and hook it up with some more space Please and thank you.

I agree, I have 1000 spots in my dimension( Stone Flask Tavern ) and find myself pretty much full and very limited to what I can do. I would love to see it upped to 2.5k or even 5k would simply be great.

Telaran

I would agree with needing more space. I currently own the Dormant Core Dimension, and frankly had to cut down on most of my design due to the small nature of the items allowed. Since the dimension starts near the bottom, and has so much space incorporated with it I designed my entrance first, then starting working on my house which is at the top. I had to abandoned everything in between due to the space issue.

So please Trion starts the dimensional base amount of items depending on which dimension purchased, and greatly increase the space allowed.

Default Stunted Creativity

I could not agree more, when I was creating Elegance Art Gallery, I had so many morphing Ideas for other pictures, then I realised I only had enough room to place a light on every other panel.
    Im sure other people have the same problems too and the fact we can only have 1 Dimension active at a time, do they really think we are going to collect dimensions at the cost of many many hours of often painstaking work, just to pack it up in a box and destroy it all!
    Trion Could make this a rival for Minecraft if they listened to the Dimension Engineers Fan base, comments like "Oh that would be boring" when asked for a basic Plain dimension we could create from the ground up, dont give much in the way of confidence about them actually listening to our views.
    Dont even get me started on SOUL BOUND fishing items, that really does show a lack of understanding as to how we enjoy our craft.
    I know they have to stop fish botters etc, but shouldn't the botters be punished for this not the players and a simple change to bind on account would go half way to fixing this.
    So trion please ask the people that really know about dimensions what we want and not assume otherwise
    Hugs and Cookies Dragondancer, Lilacia, Amazonite, Shadowdance, Victorienna, Arwenna and Namelessbank on Icewatch

Default More space please

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmaine View Post
    I agree, I have 1000 spots in my dimension( Stone Flask Tavern ) and find myself pretty much full and very limited to what I can do. I would love to see it upped to 2.5k or even 5k would simply be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlost View Post
    I would agree with needing more space. I currently own the Dormant Core Dimension, and frankly had to cut down on most of my design due to the small nature of the items allowed. Since the dimension starts near the bottom, and has so much space incorporated with it I designed my entrance first, then starting working on my house which is at the top. I had to abandoned everything in between due to the space issue.

So please Trion starts the dimensional base amount of items depending on which dimension purchased, and greatly increase the space allowed.
    Yes please
    "That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

Rift Disciple

A simple solution is to have a level 5 upgrade the would add a substantial amount to that dimension at a substantial cost. I would drop a thousand plat (and I am not a money bags) for something that would offer an unlimited amount. As long as there is nothing that would cause stability problems, why not have unlimited Dims? Especially for the high end Dims. Hell I would farm countless hours for a drop that would expand my Dim.

There are a lot of avenues to move this up in a meaningful fashion that would also add to the time sink. Fishing items were added a week or so back and I have been foregoing all my dailies and fishing like crazy. It is great discovering new items and trying to put them into your Dim. But if you are going to give us some items like this you at least need to make them account bound, space is a serious bank problem for me and give us additional Dim space to add these new items.

Default Dimension Space

I agree that dimensios need more space!

I've created a sort of adventure trail in my dimension, and I've used nearly all of the max 1000 items just on the trail. I've had to abandon some ideas because I would need a lot more room for items in my dimension to be able to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanleaf View Post
    I agree that dimensios need more space!

I've created a sort of adventure trail in my dimension, and I've used nearly all of the max 1000 items just on the trail. I've had to abandon some ideas because I would need a lot more room for items in my dimension to be able to do them.
    Sounds cool! When you are ready for visitors, you'll have to let us know the name and server so we can invade...I mean visit you!
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Keep in mind the fact that you can build up... makes even the smaller dimensions surprisingly big. The ceiling is such that if you had a large enough item limit, one could easily build what amounts to a small skyscraper.

I have blown through the 1000 item limit in Bogling boggle, and ive only just begun to explore the space. Realistically the item limits for dimensions don't just need to be raised slightly... it needs to at least double or triple in size, and thats just for a start. I could easily see putting 10,000 items in boggling boggle without fully utilizing the space.

This is because your not just "placing" an item in... your crafting things, and crafting an area. Build one house and you might use up a solid 500+ objects. That's ONE house. The recent contest only served to drive this point home. I hope Trion took notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast