• 1 Post By Xillean
  • 2 Post By Seonie
  • 1 Post By Shattered
  • 1 Post By Bhrawn
  • 1 Post By icara
  • 5 Post By Talila

Thread: 2.1.5 Dimension Items - Please Change Binding

Default 2.1.5 Dimension Items - Please Change Binding

I understand, appreciate and completely support why the new dimension items are not auctionable but I know that scores of players would like to see their binding changed from "Bind On Pickup" to "Bind To Account". Making them BoA will still prevent plat farmers from trying to swindle players on the auction house but will also allow those of us with alts to trade them between our own toons. Plus, I did a little fishing today on a couple of alts, got some nice items and would like to trade them over to my main for placement in THAT dimension.

(I do have dimensions on all my toons but the ONLY dimension I do anything with is my main's. The rest I only did for the tiny amount of XP the initial quest gave.)

/sign and /bump this thread if you, too would like to see this minor change made real.

Thanks!

Thank god you can place/pickup/move stuff in your dimensions on any of your toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnalpleasure View Post
    Thank god you can place/pickup/move stuff in your dimensions on any of your toons.
    Doesnt work on soulbound items, anytime I try on the new stuff on a alt it says I cant do that to a soulbound item. And it wont let me place them either saying You cant place a soulbound item in a dimension you do not own which sucks because I do own it just not on that toon.

Edit: for trying to pick one up or place on from a alt that is, I didnt try maunally moving a item on a alt, but thats a pita even if you could if you needed to place it upstairs or something since you cant pick it up. And yeah I know I could log on the main and move it but bleh BOA would be better for these items.
    Last edited by Xillean; 01-23-2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

would be nice to be able to place the items in the guild dimensions as well. I am the sole decorator for ours and I can't place the new items in there
    Vigil- Seonie

I would like to see these items made Bind to Account. My fisher has no dimension, and the character that does have a dimension does not fish. Several of my guildmates are in the same position. I'm dreading fishing (actually didn't fish at all today) because I know I'm going to end up with cool stuff I cannot use since it will be soulbound. Please Trion, help your players out here.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Champion

BoA these items would be tremendously helpful indeed.

As for guild dimensions, I'd have to agree that it does kinda bite that we can't put these items in them.

Soulwalker

Please consider a way of making these items Bind to Account! My main fisher is not the one I wanted to make a dimension with. Please, this is so awful!

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

This really needs to be done away with. I get that you're trying to keep bots from just instantly sell the items for big money on the AH, but you're limiting people's creativity greatly.
    I am one of the few fishers of my guild, there are people I know who're dying to get their hands on some of these items - like the table with plates - but they can't, because they dislike fishing or do not have the time to level it.
    I think this is truly a case where the players are going to be suffering way more than the bots - bots are bots, they're going to find a way to keep on doing what they're doing, but us players do not have that same drive powering us further.
    That you can't use the items in guild dimensions make it even worse :/

A way to force people to be awake when fishing? Make mobs spawn on the hook now and then, of the same strength as the zone you fish in. Or an AoE you have to move out on - like on the onslaughts. Active players will move out of it, bots will get killed.
    Make so that the items can't be sold on the AH, but can still be given to someone by placing them in your dimension and giving them buildrights to take it - that requires you to trust the person you're giving it to, and less likely to get it from a bot.

Just don't limit our creativity. Please.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

Soulwalker

I understand that there should be some items that you can only get via any tradeskill as you earn the right to have the item for spending the time to build up that skill. That being said I am a dimension junkie and some of these items I have been wanting ever since I started my dimension. If you are going to make Soulbound or even Account Bound (prefered) items it should be a limited list specific to that tradeskill. The boats are great for fishing, but the table and chairs? I would be happy to pay for them in the auction house as I hate fishing and have more plat than time at this point (which isn't saying much).

Now, thanks to my level of OCD, I have to take my main and raise his fishing just in the hopes of getting these items, and in the process burn out on playing a game I love. And before you say just don't do it, that is easier said than done when you have such a cumpulsive nature as mine, and I am sure there are others that feel the same.

Well looks like I will be fishing tonight.

Is there a way, other than binding them, to prevent them from being able to be listed on the AH? The binding gets in the way of creativity and is meant to keep bots from making money, but idk how much effort they would put into trying to sell them in trade if they cannot be listed on AH but are still trade-able. I have plenty of desk scales, more than I could ever use, and would love to stock up on certain chairs or other new items. Would be really nice if we could trade with other people, or at least use them in alt/guild dimensions.

Also, now I suspect some bots/gold sellers might get the idea of selling their services by fishing up dimension items for people on their accounts for real money. Say, you submit a list of the items you want and how many along with your account info and the botter/gold farmer logs into your account and fishes them up for you.

I would totally do this myself for an exchange of plat if it weren't against the rules...

+ Reply to Thread