+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: New BOP dimension items

Rift Master

Default New BOP dimension items

Today I fished up a cute bench on one of my characters, it would go great in one particular dimension I have going. However, my fishing character is not the same character I have my dimension on. It would be really nice to see these items changed from BOP to BOA.

I completely agree. Change the BoP to BoA.

I have dimensions on all my characters (and I have a lot of them), but they are only the free one that came with SL. I bought only 1 additional dimension so far on Machiko, and in all honesty, while I may pick up additional dimensions later on, they will ONLY be on Machiko.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

BOP is not as bad as you think.
    If you flag your alt's dimension properties correctly, visitors can place objects, permanently losing ownership of them. Hence, your fishing character can visit the dimension and then toss it on the ground. It then becomes bound to the homeowner. If, perchance, it does not work this way then I think it's a serious problem.

You cant place it in a alts I wish I could. Yes please please make them boa. Even if not love you guys bunches.

Rift Master

I did try that, It gives an error message: "Cannot place soulbound items in dimensions that you do not own."
    Last edited by Manasha; 01-23-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Ascendant

I have 3 alts and only one character who is the builder. Everything she's put into the dimensions has been in her bags first. Maybe that stuff is not BOP. *shrugs* I never noticed before.

Did they put in new items too? I've never seen a bench before.

anything else dropped?
    here in eu we have to wait till tommorow for the update

I think making BOP Dimension items is a really bad idea, but if you wanted to restrict them somehow at LEAST make them BOA so you can store them on an Alt or their Dimension.

Please.

I agree that it seems like an oversight to make them BoP. BoA seems reasonable if the intent is to prevent AH overinflation.

Rift Master

It comes from the cache's you get from fishing. Only got one and it was a new dimension item ive never seen before. I am sure there are more than just that one item based on what the patch notes say.

It is a cute wooden bench with a red cushion seat. I would love to fish more to see if I cant get some more items to drop. But I dont want the items on my fishing char and would have to level fishing up on my other char to have any use for it. So I will wait it out and hope they will change this oversight.

What if you give permission to guildies to edit dimension and have your alt place it?
    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f294/Daisukexdark12/sig_faylinkz_zps2d339858.png
    Frozen Tempest: 4/4 :: Endless Eclipse 5/5
    North American 1st :: Canadian 1st :: PRE NERF Perfect Crucia & Perfect Regulos
    <How to be on T.O.P.>

Plan on farming these ...Should be BoA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylinkz View Post
    What if you give permission to guildies to edit dimension and have your alt place it?
    I tried that. It doesn't work. Gives an error that the item is Soulbound to another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    Today I fished up a cute bench on one of my characters, it would go great in one particular dimension I have going. However, my fishing character is not the same character I have my dimension on. It would be really nice to see these items changed from BOP to BOA.
    Exactly the position I am in. My fisher does not have a dimension and the character on my account that does, does not fish. I am dreading fishing now, knowing I'll get cool stuff that I cannot use since it will be soulbound. Please Trion, make these items Bind to Account!
    Last edited by Shattered; 01-23-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Rift Disciple

I have a dimension on each of my alts, and I find BoP instead of BoA extremely limiting. I only fish on 2.5 of my 6 characters (I have fishing ~290 on the .5, and I don't bother fishing with her usually). The new items I have seen so far would clearly fit into one of my dimensions, but not into all of them, and my alts without fishing are missing out entirely.
    As it stands, I have almost no inventory space (Thanks in large part to fishing already!), so items that would not fit in the dimension of the character that fished the items up should be ... thrown away?

In general, I think its BS to make these items BoP or BoA; Dimension items should not bind. It stifles creativity, and turns dimensions into a second (even more pointless) achievement system.
    For fishing in general, I understand that all of these changes have been made to deter bots. But I think they are punishing the actual player too much. After you've abused fishing/survival for marks for your more valuable crafting professions, they are both worth about nil. The fish sell for almost nothing, and often even less on the AH. The food buffs are small and optional in all but the most nit-picky of groups. Food for healing/mana regen is not needed (I don't even carry it). Rep gains from fishing have been effectively extinguished. The removal of gold (and value of grey items) made fishing an extremely poor investment of your time compared to anything else.
    The fact that these new dim items are BoP if anything promotes a different kind of botting. Instead of gold sellers, you will find dimension enthusiasts who don't want to spend hours of their time trying to get that one perfect item (or dear gods, multiple of that item), which refuses to drop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast