+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: New BOP dimension items

If nothing else they should be BOA and you should be able to place the items in a guild hall which then relinquish rights to it and becomes the guild halls property permanently. That should cut down on anyone trying to sell items manually and I dont think bots would go to that much effort but even if they did I feel we the legitimate players are being punished far to heavily for this. Some type of compromise is needed, I am all for giving hell to the bot plague but there has to be a better way then it currently is.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Please, please make these bound to account, my bank is filling up with delicious items which can't (due to item count restrictions) be used. Also, I would buy another dimension if the items from my present dimension weren't auto removed from it. Another problem but one that is relevant to this fishing dilemma. Please let us buy more dimensions and decorate all of them.
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Rift Disciple

I said this in the other thread, but just to be thorough I'm going to be a broken record.

I disagree with the idea of having binding dimension items at all. I understand this was done to kill the fishing botters and promote fishing to actual players, and every level of this does in fact very effectively remove desirability of fishing bots to gold sellers.
    I believe that forcing endless hours of fishing onto dimension owners stifles creativity, which is the entire point of owning a dimension (or several) in the first place.

The thing is, all of these changes that make fishing bots less desirable to gold sellers make fishing bots more attractive to the normal player. Specifically, the dimension enthusiast. Randomly, on a time-investment system with no gold/xp/rep reward, you are awarded a special BoP dimension item. There is only a chance that the item you get is whatever item you specifically wanted. The other items you can either collect (wasting your bag/dimension space) or simply dump out the side of your inventory. And since they're BoP when you get one item 10 times on a character searching for that one "perfect item", you can't even send the 10 other items to an alt that can actually use them. (Or at least store them case you cange your mind and you want them later.)
    Setting some thing to run and fish for you while you work/study/sleep/eat/live life sounds extremely attractive over the endless disappointing hours of not getting that one item you're fishing for. And hey, who are you hurting? You don't get any experience, rep, or even gold out of the deal. You just get a different model to place into your purely decorative side-attraction, and don't feel as bad about dumping the unwanted models out the side of your bag.

As I said, I would prefer no binding on dimension items. But if deterring people running bots for platinum gain is a higher priority than expanding on the Dimension system in a fulfilling way, then these items should at least be changed to BoA. There is no reasonable argument against changing the items to BoA, except perhaps some poor fool's pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    BOP is not as bad as you think.
    If you flag your alt's dimension properties correctly, visitors can place objects, permanently losing ownership of them. Hence, your fishing character can visit the dimension and then toss it on the ground. It then becomes bound to the homeowner. If, perchance, it does not work this way then I think it's a serious problem.
    It doesn't- BoP is different than Soulbound. :/
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

In my opinion, these items should be tradable like all other dimension items. Many of the items I have so far received don't fit the theme of my dimension, yet I know others would love some of these items. The same as many items others may obtain would fit perfectly in my dimension and not theirs. It seems such a shame to obtain these items and not be able to sell or give as a gift to other players, with the only other option to vendor them for 1 silver.
    It also seems very odd to me that these are soulbound partly to stop bots profiting. However now the bots can sell all their fish on the AH which people are going to happily spend lots of plat on in order to complete the fishing dailies quickly. Some players are likely to buy out fish in the AH for several days until they obtain the item they may be after, therefore supplying fishing bots with a good amount of plat.

Just an FYI.. there is one type of chest (Empyrean) from Steppes, Morban, Kingsward, Ashora.. that you can NOT get from a daily fish turnin. The 2 SL turnin spots, only give Brevane caches.

The Empyrean chests, must actually be fished.
    Aesha @ GELIDRA EU
    Liralen @ FAEBLIGHT NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelthas View Post
    I feel like Oliver Twist standing in the Rift Store saying "Please Sir, may I have some more"... because I won't even be able to buy my own lunch after paying for 1/16th of a new dimension.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Khadra View Post
    Just an FYI.. there is one type of chest (Empyrean) from Steppes, Morban, Kingsward, Ashora.. that you can NOT get from a daily fish turnin. The 2 SL turnin spots, only give Brevane caches.

The Empyrean chests, must actually be fished.
    I never noticed that. Ty for this information.
    That's why I finally got some new items yesterday, after switching my fishing spot from Pelladane to Morban.
    Last edited by Sindariel; 01-28-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Soulwalker

Please change fished dimension items to BoA Trion!

Plane Touched

I dont understand why it's BOP, or why even limit it to BOA? I mean for heavens sake, if people wants to sell their stuff, thats fine? We already do this with artifacts and the fish?

Trion already made sure that fishing is less productive for botters as they removed the cash from the caches. There is no reason to limit the items at all.

Being a dimension geek myself, im really pissed off that i have to place all the stuff im fishing up in my already finished and item limit reached dimension. 1260 items was reached before i started fishing. Now i nuked half of my creations to put stuff there. Bank rather full, and i cant be bothered to store even more stuff on alts.

But the worst thing is not being able to have these new items in our Guild Dimension! Excluding all this from it is just ...... Grrrrrr! Really!

Ah, and while im at it, couldn't they just give us some fancy WALLS, FLOORS or even GLASS tiles instead of these stupid boats! :P

ok my QQ is over. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimy View Post

But the worst thing is not being able to have these new items in our Guild Dimension! Excluding all this from it is just ...... Grrrrrr! Really!

Ah, and while im at it, couldn't they just give us some fancy WALLS, FLOORS or even GLASS tiles instead of these stupid boats! :P
    We have not gotten our guild dimension yet. It's going to make us all sad that we cannot place any of these new items in it when we do get it. We will be stuck with the limited selection that existed pre-BoP dimension items. And from what I've seen, many of them would be great for guild dimensions.

Glass tiles, yes! We could certainly use a bigger variety of basic building blocks. And windows- real windows.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

*sigh* Patch day, and no BoA for fishing-caught dimension items, yet. At this point, I'm going to have to -stop- fishing unless/until they make this change. My main character's dimension is now unusable, as it has become nothing but a storehouse filled with piles of scaled-down STUFF, while I hold out hope that they'll change these items to BoA so I can actually use them. /sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyla View Post
    *sigh* Patch day, and no BoA for fishing-caught dimension items, yet. At this point, I'm going to have to -stop- fishing unless/until they make this change. My main character's dimension is now unusable, as it has become nothing but a storehouse filled with piles of scaled-down STUFF, while I hold out hope that they'll change these items to BoA so I can actually use them. /sadface
    I feel your pain.....my own dimension is also quickly becoming a storehouse as well as my bank for many many duplicated items that I will never use on just one character. Leveling up fishing on every alt with a dimension is just unacceptable. I REALLY thought today's patch would fix this. So I am very disappointed too, and wondering if any of the Trion devs are even reading these posts. I don't think I have seen one single post from anyone that LIKES these items being BOP. Ridiculous, Trion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I to was very sad to not see them change to boa. My whole original bank tab and half a 28 slot bag are full. I dont know why they aren't boa. I'm sure they have there reasons I will just be happy being able to have the items .
    Last edited by Kitasia; 01-30-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Dimension Lovers

It is really sad and stressful and disappointing , that Trion wont give us the right to choose what we want to do with our own hard earned dimension items. Whether the item came from fishing dailys, onslaughts, area events, etc,etc, I should be able to mail one to my alts, , even place one in a special friends Dimension to surprise them . even sell them on the AH hahaha. I enjoy messing in my Dimension immensely, mine are mostly Picasso abstract art ones, but when i have several duplicates of an item, what can we do? so awe cmon Trion , I wana be able to share Dimension Love.

Soulwalker

Default BoP Dimension items

I think its cruel that I cant enjoy dimension items the way i want to. Id like to be able to mail duplicates to my alts, surprise a dear game friend by putting in a neeeto item in their dimension too. I just cant see a single reason why dimension items need to be BoP at all. It's supposed to be fun, testing ones creativety to the limit, creating mazes, upsidedown worlds, etc. Being able to share Dimension Love and what??? please get rid of the BoP on all ALL dimension items Trion and i love you forever - Thanx.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast