+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: New BOP dimension items

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    In general, I think its BS to make these items BoP or BoA; Dimension items should not bind. It stifles creativity, and turns dimensions into a second (even more pointless) achievement system.
    Aye, one thing I love (or loved) about dimensions is how free-for-all it pretty much was with items. Seeing these new fishing dimension item were BoP in the patch notes made me feel terribly bummed.

Shadowklaw@Hailol, originally of Keenblade, guild decorator for <Seekers of Chaos>

Soulwalker

At the risk of posting on multiple threads on the same subject, I would like to make sure I speak up about this. I'm extremely frustrated with this BoP change. I too would like these items to be BoA if possible. My fisher is not the alt that has the dimension in which I would like to show off my items.

Thank you for your attention.

Yikes, blocking dimension items so you can't even place it into a guild or alt dimension is a HORRIBLE idea. I totally am on board not letting the fishing bots have an auctionable item but this implementation is not going to work.

Throwing my vote in for BoA as well. That's cool if you don't want us (or bots) making a profit but for many reasons they need to be BoA. Heck, as it stands now, I can't even store them on an alt. Please make them BoA!
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Shadowlander

In my case BOA won't even work because my husband fishes, and I'm making dimensions. Two different accounts. He does not own a single dimension, I own three. So the new items he gets from fishing now are totally useless for both of us even if/when they are BOA. Would be great if characters who got the item could at least place it where they wanted, be it their own dimension, their friend's, or guild's.

P.S. In LOTRO, as far as I remember, you could do stuff like that - you could place a BOP item into another person's house. The owner of the house had no rights for the item, could not move it or remove it, had to call the item's owner. But at least the item was where it was needed.
    Last edited by Nimto; 01-24-2013 at 06:42 AM. Reason: addition

What they really need is a no auction, no sale flag. They should be tradeable manually to another player, placeable into a guild or alt's dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimto View Post
    P.S. In LOTRO, as far as I remember, you could do stuff like that - you could place a BOP item into another person's house. The owner of the house had no rights for the item, could not move it or remove it, had to call the item's owner. But at least the item was where it was needed.
    This could be used to sell them. You pay me plat, I place the item how you want in your dimension. Of course, for botters/gold-farmers it may be too much of a hassle to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    What they really need is a no auction, no sale flag. They should be tradeable manually to another player, placeable into a guild or alt's dimension.
    It either should be this as my hubby as well gives me his house items or you need to stop thinking about how to make fishing less desireable and make botting much harder. It was posted on another forum about having the chance of catching a mob while fishing that you
    would have to fight. Not sure if that would do it but punishing the players that dont try and cheat the system is never the answer.

Shadowlander

I have been fishing my lil' heart out for the new dimension items. I have placed some of them in my now maxed out item limit dimension and I am left with quite a few more sitting in my personal bags. I have pretty much run out of room in my bank, so storing them there is out of the question. I tried to place the items in my ALTS dimensions and found that we CANNOT do that.

I have all these new items and cannot use them. What fun is there in that? I will NOT tear down the home that I built in my dimension to make room for the new things so I am left to either toss them or hold them in my personal bags for eternity.

I have three problems now... They added quite a bit of content in Storm Legion and quite a few more items in game with the addition of Dimensions.

1) Bank space is sorely lacking because of all the NEW items added to the game. And no additonal space given to store dimension items nor fish for that matter.

2) Dimension item limit caps are still FAR too LOW.

3) I have numerous new (fishing earned) dimension items that I cannot use in my dimension and CANNOT place in my ALTS empty dimension.

I have a question... Trion, did you think these changes through before implementing them? You add all this new content and all these new items... crafting items, dimension items, fish, survival items, wardrobe possibilities... on and on and paid little attention to the space that might be required to store all of this NEW? Hello? I am not feeling loved here Trion.. I feel closed in. I am gasping for more space... give me room, the space I need!

And for the love of all that is good and decent make the fishing dimension items "Bind to Account" so I can send them to my ALTS and decorate their homes now that my home is maxed out. Please? Pretty please?
    Last edited by Starukha; 01-24-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Soulwalker

I have six characters. My main is maxed on fishing, survival and yadda yadda yadda.. She has Faen's retreat done up nicely to her roleplay character (Faeblight).. Now I have another character who worked her tail off (with hundreds of plat spent on gathering artifacts) to get Strozza estate, and yet a third character who owns shoreward Island. My main (the fisher) is maxed on her faen's retreat. I started fishing on my strozza estate character and got three nice boats.. .... ... for an estate with no water? Now my character for the Shoreward island would love three nice boats but do I really want to spend another 24 hours trying to work up fishing enough to find three nice boats? Seriously... please Trion please make these items BoA!

BOA will do. Nothing else is required. I join the outcry for making these items BOA.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aliah View Post
    BOA will do. Nothing else is required. I join the outcry for making these items BOA.
    BoA is crap too. With BoA, you still can't place those items in a guild dimension.

Outside of that, with BoA/BoP I have to throw away many of those new items, because I have no room or use for them. (what the hell should I do with 10 ferrys?)

Quote Originally Posted by Starukha View Post
    I have been fishing my lil' heart out for the new dimension items. I have placed some of them in my now maxed out item limit dimension and I am left with quite a few more sitting in my personal bags. I have pretty much run out of room in my bank, so storing them there is out of the question. I tried to place the items in my ALTS dimensions and found that we CANNOT do that.
    Do you really have no room in your bank? Is everything there soulbound? I you really want to keep the new items, make sure you clear out every non-soulbound item that you don't use every day (crafting mats, more than 1 stack of food, BOA event items, etc.) and send them to your alts. Make sure your bank bags are the biggest you can afford.

I do this about once every 2 months to make sure I have room in my bank for new and important things.

I just made a thread in the Suggestions forum that addresses this issue.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4132009

In the hopes that we could get this problem seen, addressed, and fixed faster. Feel free to suggest alternate ideas or whatever. I just wanted us to have a place to focus the issue and be heard.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Randeth View Post
    I tried that. It doesn't work. Gives an error that the item is Soulbound to another character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alessar View Post
    Yikes, blocking dimension items so you can't even place it into a guild or alt dimension is a HORRIBLE idea. I totally am on board not letting the fishing bots have an auctionable item but this implementation is not going to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post
    BoA is crap too. With BoA, you still can't place those items in a guild dimension.

Outside of that, with BoA/BoP I have to throw away many of those new items, because I have no room or use for them. (what the hell should I do with 10 ferrys?)
    All of these posts are about guild dimensions loosing out on these fantastic new items. I'm all for "not saleable, not auctionable items" They already have the ability to limit sale back (many of the items bought with marks are not saleable)...

I'd really like to put these items in my guild hall. I fished up a great little stand that would replace my podium in a heartbeat if I could.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast