+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Item Count Sadness

Default Item Count Sadness

Since servers are down and I was bored . I felt like posting. So yesterday to my sadness I tore up my Fae Yule dimension in Dolcega Valley. I started to make some spring items and quickly realized I was going to have to move. 500 was just not enough. So I packed my bags said goodbye to my home. I moved to Bogling Boggle. There was twice the room for items. I knew it didn't have a house so I started to build one. I am now 500 Items into the house alone. (it had to be cute) It doesn't even have furniture in it yet.So I'm back to the same issue . Not enough item count. What oh what is a gal to do . I dont want to live in dormant core.

Though on the bright side I do like the boggle . Its a really cute area. Just wish I could put more stuff in it.Any way who is ready for spring . Time to put away the snow covered hills. Get the gardening gloves out and lets plant some flowers.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 01-23-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Since servers are down and I was bored . I felt like posting. So yesterday to my sadness I tore up my Fae Yule dimension in Dolcega Valley. I started to make some spring items and quickly realized I was going to have to move. 500 was just not enough. So I packed my bags said goodbye to my home. I moved to Bogling Boggle. There was twice the room for items. I knew it didn't have a house so I started to build one. I am now 500 Items into the house alone. (it had to be cute) It doesn't even have furniture in it yet.So I'm back to the same issue . Not enough item count. What oh what is a gal to do . I dont want to live in dormant core.

Though on the bright side I do like the boggle . Its a really cute area. Just wish I could put more stuff in it.Any way who is ready for spring . Time to put away the snow covered hills. Get the gardening gloves out and lets plant some flowers.
    I have thought of this myself also. I am constantly watching my 'count' on items, it's depressing when you get almost to the end of that item count & you are NOT nearly done decorating, especially when you have built a home with nothing to put in it yet
    Please please raise the item count in these dimensions Trion.. "It's our only hope"!
    Never Seperate the Life You Lead.. From the Words You Speak

Greybriar..
    Qweewicket - Savatorian - Autumndawn - Fayanarose - Paddywicket
    WHEE alt much Lady!

honestly, i think they should increase item limits, I am just nearing 1260 on my dimension, and I could definately use 500 more items to add a couple more buildings in DC, but i think at least 750 max for those smallers dimensions.

Same issue here with Dolcega Valley. I'd gladly dish out more plat for an item increase there. It's my favorite "feel" of all the dimensions. Unfortunately I don't have enough item space to finish what I had in mind for it >.<

I'm with you guys. I built a castle in Dolcega and was just getting around to decorating it when I realized I was out of item upgrades. It looks like I am going to have to upgrade my dimension and start from scratch. *sigh*

Rift Disciple

Some areas are better fits to their item counts than others.
    At the 10p level, I usually see Plaza Aurentine, Breach Chamber, and Dolcega to have an appropriate item count. Bigger would be appreciated, but the item count isn't too stifling.
    Empyrean Mill on the other hand feels bigger than the others, and the item count often seems to just not be enough at all.

At the 100p level I think the item limit was set to accommodation Faen's only. Faen's is a relatively good fit to the item count for most people, because they tend to focus on the center of the dim, and ignore the mountains around. In fact, large portions of Faen's can be strategically ignored so item count can be focused to better points.
    Unfortunately, everyone I know, including myself, runs out of item count in horrible ways with Central Necropolis. The space is similar in size to Faen's, but every corner of the dimension feels like "part" of the place, and there are many ugly dead ends that need somehow covered up (and demand a portion of your item count to do so).

At the 300p level, I don't really see many people with Vengeful Sky.
    Stone Flask on the other hand seems to be one of the most popular dimensions. The item count is high, but the space available in the dimension is so ridiculously large that even the higher item count is not enough to fill the space as well as most people would like to.
    Dormant Core, though an even higher limit, has such an absurdly large space that its item count is miles from enough.

I just recently got Bogling Boggle and was really excited until I found out it only went to 1k I was really hoping it would at least match Dormant Cores item count and like others I do not want to live in dormant core so for now im still in my breach chamber but I hit 500 a long time ago and still have a lot of things id like to add detail wise but alas can not.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

I could not agree with this post more. I always run out of space and have to cut things to even make my dimensions look complete. Some I just can't complete without there being areas of really huge empty space.

Another culprit of too much space and too few items is the Shoreward Island dimension. There is so much area and you can go out a pretty decent way from the main island on all sides, and lots of underwater space too if you are into that kind of thing. 1000 just doesn't do this wide open space any justice. Similar to other people, I too actually had to build a house and that alone took up about 600 items itself including the roof and all. I couldn't even fathom building in the supports to make the house more realistic that went all the way into the bottom of the water, so I had to deal with a slightly hovering building. I tried to justify it using upside down tempest braziers as booster jets...but they just don't get large enough, and I don't have the space to actually make them look like the size booster jets that would be required to lift up a building of that size. As a result it just looks kind of silly.

Well, here's hoping they add more upgrade levels in the future.
    @Greybriar
    Incendius 60 Mage Guardian Dimension: "Castellum Incendia"-Undergoing intensive remodeling. Temporarily back down.
    Lunatanzia 57 Rogue Guardian Dimension: "PlanEscape feat. The Skelebones"-Live

Add another +1... please make the item limit higher! ^^ I *love* Stoneflask Tavern, since it gives both the option of both building stuff from scratch (the waterfall area is great) and decorate a pre existing building. Problem is, I'm still working on decorating the main building and I'm already reaching the item limit

So please, add another 25% to the limit? *-*

Champion

Yeah, once you get started into dimension construction, you QUICKLY find out that 1000 items is really not that much!

Some of you have posted that an increase of 500 items, or 10%, or 25% increase is needed, but I'm going to have to say even that is horribly low.

I understand that there are certain considerations that have to be taken into account from a Dev's perspective on system resources/client rendering issues/what-have-you but such low item limits (yes, I think even 1250 is incredibly low) is so sad when you're trying to create something that is so enjoyable to a player as a dimension.

The smallest dimension can easily hold 1000 items, and that should be the level 1 limit. Better yet, get rid of the limit altogether, just have us pay for space... 50 plat for 100 more items?... yeah, I'd shell it out 5k plat for a 10,000 item limit. BUT, don't limit that to 1 dimension, it should be applied to the Active dimension, whichever dimension that may be.

I haven't tried this yet, but what happens when you max out the Dormant Core, pack it up, and then activate Dolcega Valley that has 1/3rd the item count? I'm going to assume the items just stay in the crate and you can't place a new item until you've cleaned out space, but, this just seems like a very silly restriction.

*edit* I just tried it, and the items stay in your crate but you get the "You've reached the max item count" message when you start building and you have to empty your crate before you really start to build. This == a Pain.

Have us pay for the dimension, keep the prices what they currently are, but don't limit specific dimensions item limits... it's not like I'd be using up more game resources by putting 1500 items in Sanguine Shore rather than Dormant Core.

Basically, what I'm saying is, have the dimension moving box that's associated with your character represent the item limit for your characters dimensions. Increase the limit to... like 10,000, and make us pay for increments of like, 50p per 100 items.

This would make me a happy Dimensioneer!
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 01-24-2013 at 03:02 AM.

Definitely need a higher item count! I have built in Faen's which has a limit of 760. I didn't even build a new house like many people do, I just added on to the original structure. After doing that, I had some item space left to do minimal decorating to the surrounding area but I have way more dimension than item limit!

The tavern and Dormant Core are the next 2 dimensions I would like to get and I KNOW I will reach my limit fast with all the ideas I have for them!

I like the idea of letting us keep increasing the limit by paying more and more plat for it.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

I was just about to create a thread about this issue and saw this. I am nearly bout to hit my item limit and project is nowhere near complete. Bump for item limit increases
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Item Count Sadness-item_limit_problems.jpg  

I'm down to 50 items.Things like my bench that wraps around my tree were 141 items . I'm sure I could have found different stuff to make it out of and the count would be 100 less but then it wouldn't be as cute. Item counts dont go into how much of the space you can fill. It goes into the little details that make items special. I wanted to build a cute boat house and a gazebo. However since I'm sure both will be about 150 items each. Then to add details around them sigh so sad. I definitely wont be able to make either of them.

The Boggle is so beautiful. It has so many awesome big areas hiding behind rocks and trees. It could easily be made into something to explorer. Which ever person designed it did a gorgeous job.

Not everyone needs or wants the ability to to have a way higher item count. Just some of us. I'm sure there are a ton of people who cant even fathom adding 2000 or 3000 items to a house . Some of us dream of 5000 or more. Some of us want and need the ability to build build build .

Please with 2.2 coming could you think about increasing the item counts. Not just by 100 to 500, but by 1000 to 2000 or more. I dream of what Carnival of the Ascended may bring. So many new items (fyi thank you for them) So little space.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 01-25-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Agreed, Vengeful Sky for instance is 1k cap when it should be 1.5k at least.

Give us more, we'll gladly pay for it.
    what is this I don't even

+ a billion

We need higher item counts, especially in Boggling boggle, the tavern and vengeful. Heck even shorewind island, there is sooooo much space to build and imo at least our current items counts do not fit with the room we are granted.

Edit: And I know I bring up Boggling Boggle a bit but for the amount of effort it takes to get it I believe it should have the item count matching dormant cores, it has a huge area to build in and like many others regardless of the dimension make us pay plat for item count no matter where we are. The dimensions themselves should cost the most, upgrading it should be the same item count wise no matter where you are imo.

And yes id pay outrageous amounts of plat for higher item counts, and im sure many others would too if that's what it takes.
    Last edited by Xillean; 01-25-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast