+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: New Contest: The Joy of Dimensions

Plane Touched

The way it is right now, the contest is already over. The top 5 are on the left side for people to vote on. Sure you could sift through the hundreds on the right to try and find your friends but unless you have an army of friends willing to spend a long time trying to find your particular dimension your done. The 5 on the left side will be easily voted up by the people just voting for the items. They will most likely be voting for which one of the 5 they think is the best.

I like the idea of a contest but the implementation shows the public that dimensions look kinda cool, rather than amazing. I wish there was a better way to showcase all the awesome dimensions people have come up with. The average one's shouldn't be the winners.

I just realized you can link to your dimension, which might help a little bit, but the longer the contest goes on the harder it will be to break into the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    The way it is right now, the contest is already over. The top 5 are on the left side for people to vote on. Sure you could sift through the hundreds on the right to try and find your friends but unless you have an army of friends willing to spend a long time trying to find your particular dimension your done. The 5 on the left side will be easily voted up by the people just voting for the items. They will most likely be voting for which one of the 5 they think is the best.
    Yes. I voted for my own, linked it in guild and sent to my friends, but I havent really even bothered to look at the top 5 much less any others. If the UI were a little better, I might bother...

Worst voting system known to man.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

The voting should have been done here, on the RIFT forums. You know..because it's dimension..in RIFT.

Not on facebook.

Not everyone has a facebook.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Disciple

Yeah FB popularity ftl?

I hate to sound...snobbish, but some of the top voted dimensions are....not as good as the lesser voted dims.

I guess that's in the eye of the beholder, but I just think there's too much chance for the buddy system to skew the results. I respect that Trion kept the grand prize internal, but in my opinion the other places should have been kept on the rift forums or similar.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    This says it much better than I can. We see in all facets of life that people will often just vote for whatever other people have already deemed the top.

I could not agree more. Sorry to whoever see's this that is top voted..but...Be glad you have a ton of friends willing to vote.

I for one will sit back and take the oncoming landslide loss. Good job to all entries, but we all knew it would be insanely abused.

[4/4 ToDQ[*]3/4 FT[*]2/5 EE]

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    The voting should have been done here, on the RIFT forums. You know..because it's dimension..in RIFT.

Not on facebook.

Not everyone has a facebook.
    My guess is they did it to drive people to their FB page. As a web-designer/marketer, I understand the desire to do that, however something like this that requires a nice UI needs something better than the Facebook API to make it work well. They could drive people to their Facebook page with some other event that does not require voting and sifting through a bunch of entries.

I will be adding my dimension later today hopefully I'm not to late.

I was briefly in the top 5 with my Planar Study. Not saying mine is ubber or deserves to win, but it only lasted less then a hour and ive been buried down the page since and I dont expect it to change except to keep getting shoved down the list. I understand Trion wants to use other methods to run contests but for something like this it should have definitely been done in house on our own forums, I know a ton of people and friends who would like to vote, not just on mine but a lot of people deserve votes but they either loathe facebook with a passion or hate the ui and every last one of them believe this should have been done here on our forums.

On another note I voted for you Melachor love that little dimension you made, still like your tavern the best though :P
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Rift Disciple

Thanks Xillean

I've voted for yours today, and there are a few others I will do so as soon as I can vote again

I am going to have Yemaya do House Ayachor It's as much hers as mine. The difficulty is getting the dimension across in five screenshots. Like just about everyone else, there's so much more going on than can fit in five shots hehe.

I'll be adding one of mine tonight when I get home from work. No expectation of winning anything at this point but I'll put it out there anyway.

Breached Chamber - Meltdown, Greybriar
    Dolcega Block Party - Whipstock, Greybriar

All added its ~Sweethearts~ go take a look my friends

Default Noob question

Okay so I'm a noob. Says I can vote daily but I don't see an option for that. It just shows the dimensions I've already voted for as "I Voted" and there's no option to vote again for the same ones. Am I misunderstanding or is there somewhere else I need to look?

Rift Disciple

You can vote for multiple dimensions, but only once per day.

However, I found that it was closer to 26 hours for me to be able to vote again on the same dimension.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast