+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Pochi

Thread: Valentine's Day Challenges - Dimensions and Object Morphing.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Default Valentine's Day Challenges - Dimensions and Object Morphing.

Hello Folks

This Valentine's Day there are two challenges running for dimension builders.

Dimensions Challenge: Valentine's Day
    The first challenge is run by thestylishradish of Better Homes and Dimensions. Your mission is to build a dimension of no more than 200 or 500 items around the theme of Valentine's Day. Dimensions must be open on or between the 7th to 12th of February. Should you choose to accept this challenge, further details, entry form and rules can be found on the Dimensions Challenge: Valentine's Day page.

Dimension Object Morphing™ Contest for Valentine’s Day
    The establishment at Dimensions are holding a contest for the best morphed object with a Valentine's theme. Your morphed object must consist of 10 or more dimension items and be available for viewing in your dimension by February 12th. Should you choose to accept this challenge, further details, entry form and rules can be found on the Dimension Object Morphing™ Contest for Valentine’s Day page.

The two Valentine's Day challenges are independent operations, you may enter one or both without prejudice. No prizes are offered for these competitions, your rewards are the joy of creating and publicity for your dimension.

Good luck with your entries!

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

The entry form is now up for Dimensions Challenge: Valentine's Day run by Better Homes and Dimensions. The official closing date for this competition is the 6th of February. Your dimension does not need to be open by then but you do need to submit your intention to run by the 6th.

Is it possible to have this thread stickied until after the 22nd of February?

Just a reminder that Dimensions Challenge: Valentine's Day closes on the 6th of February, while Dimension Object Morphing™ Contest for Valentine’s Day closes on or before February 12, 2013 at 8:00 am PST.

Don't forget to put your entries in!

Entries are now up for the Dimensions Challenge: Valentine's Day.

Really pretty dimensions! I can't wait to visit all of them in person! (I have been to 2 already!)
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

I am just amazed at dimensions. Just when I think I have created something great . I find something someone else made 1000 times better. These contests just prove it. I love all the dimensions so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I am just amazed at dimensions. Just when I think I have created something great . I find something someone else made 1000 times better. These contests just prove it. I love all the dimensions so much.
    I don't think of it as 1000 times better, I think of it as different. Anytime I can be inspired in someone's dimension is a good day! There are many of you that I am jealous of because I can't do the exact same thing but hey, if I could do the exact same thing, how boring would that be?
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

I like finding them when they are way better. Its actually my favorite thing now. I search and search and always find amazing. I go back and look at them all the time. I like seeing changes that take place. One day ill finish rep I was only a few dailys away from .

Ascendant

I have grass is always greener syndrom with my dimension building.

I love to build. I know my stuff is good, but the stuff I see is so much better, and more creative. Then a guild mate, who's 3rd on the weekly list, tells me that mine is awsome and shouts for people to come visit. So I guess it takes an outsider's view to see what is really very creative to other people. I guess it's true, I mean, I've never seen anyone make curved walls in the same way I did for scarwood place, but it felt a little drab to me.

When I see something I love, I ALWAYS send an ingame mail to the person - incase they are suffering from grass is always greener syndrom too. I hope that my emails convince people that they have done a great job, even if they can't see it themselves.

I am continually surprised at the inventiveness of dimension builders. I love going into a new dimension and learning a new use for an item.

I really love it when a builder takes me on a journey and tells me a story, as our contestants have done. Like the best of art, the imagination the viewer brings to the dimension affects the resulting story. I think that when we encounter a dimension that awes us, that we think better, it's because it fully engages our imagination rather than it being 'better' from a technical, design perspective.

The last three months have seen a dramatic improvement in dimension building. We're learning our tools, stretching our wings and getting comfortable with the medium. Just imagine what we'll be building in 1 years time.

+ Reply to Thread