+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Kiyla
  • 1 Post By LilliumElessa

Thread: Level 25 Guild Dimensions...

Default Level 25 Guild Dimensions...

I don't know about all the other servers, but not a single guild on mine has one. Why? Because I don't know of a single guild that has obtained level 25, and it literally takes well over a year to get there. Even guilds I know who have been around since launch fall short of this requirement. Guild quests are limited per week, and provide a very small amount of guild XP. No amount of group effort on the part of any guild can make it go faster, no matter how committed they are to doing so.

I understand the idea of having something epic to shoot for, but it doesn't seem to be in -anyone's- best interest, much less Trion's, to have wonderful content to the game that is unavailable to... pretty much everyone, no matter how hard they're willing to work for it.

Can we please, pretty please with a cherry on top, either lower the requirements of these dimensions to level 20, or add additional guild quests per week, or some way to attain these dimensions through team effort? We're willing to work for it, but facing months and months of simply waiting out the required passage of time is frustrating!

So, if you feel the same way I do, please send feedback to Trion, and be heard!
    Last edited by Kiyla; 01-18-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Plane Touched

Seconded. Veteran rewards are there to incentivize players to play long-term....I'd really rather not see game content go this route. And given that the average guild lifespan is about 6months, implementing a goal that requires 1.5-2 years of dedicated grinding seems a bit much. My preference would be to lower the guild level requirement, but I can see the sense in simply increasing ways to earn guild XP.
    "You haven't just crossed over to the Dark Side...you're baking the damn cookies!"

I agree wholeheartedly. At the launch of Storm Legion, our guild was level fifteen. After consistent week to week completion of every guild quest available to us, we are now at level seventeen. At this rate the level 25 dimensions are utterly unattainable, and that is unfortunate. I don't think I have seen a single level 25 dimension on ANY server. We are quite willing to do whatever it takes to level the guild, but at this rate it will be years before we reach level 25. Either the level requirement should be lowered or guilds should be given more ways to obtain experience.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Storm Legion is barely out two months and you want instant level 25 Guilds?

We just barely cracked level 22 and i see absolutely no problem with doing Guild quests for the next few months, it's a good thing to have most of the Guild involved and gives some people an incentive to do, say, PvP they normally wouldn't try or in my case to tackle Conquest a lot more.

My own complaint is that nearly all the quests are geared for level 60's, i would like to see some more quests where most of the Guild can contribute, at this point the only one low levels can help out with is completing 600 Instant Adventures, pot luck on having that one every week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyla View Post
    but not a single guild on mine has one.

You do realize if the requirements are lowered and it is easier to get you wouldn't want it so badly and it wouldn't be special at all. The requirements are completely reasonable, some things take time man.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Ascendant

I am ok with reaching level 25 through hard work. What I don't like is once your guild reaches level 15 the game automatically assumes everyone is 50+. We haven't gotten a guild quest that the "youngsters" can help with for quite some time. Being a small guild, it is hard when not everyone in your guild can help. I wish there were a variety of solo guild quests... Maybe like the Manu factory quests we used to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Storm Legion is barely out two months and you want instant level 25 Guilds?
    ... Did you even read the original posts? Clearly not. This isn't about "instant" level 25 guilds, or not being willing to work hard for something. For any guild that hasn't been around since launch, attaining level 25 is a goal that can take upwards of 1 to 2 YEARS. Is several months reasonable? Yes, definitely. But having to measure goals in -years- is a bit off-putting, especially when it comes to drawing new players to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    You do realize if the requirements are lowered and it is easier to get you wouldn't want it so badly and it wouldn't be special at all.
    This also has nothing whatsoever to do with wanting something "special." There are a grand total of 5 available guild dimensions, each with a very different feel and theme. The reason my guild wants the one that happens to be level 25 isn't because it's level 25.... it's because it is the ONLY guild dimension with an environment that makes sense for the guild theme. For most people, their choice of dimension has nothing to do with it being exclusive or difficult to attain, and everything to do with it being the one that suits them, or their character.

The point of this thread was never to say that it needs to be "easy," but that the current guild leveling system needs a serious overhaul to be more friendly to new and returning players/guilds. Not only does it currently place 2 of the 5 possible guild dimensions completely out of reach for any guild that hasn't been around since launch, but, as others have mentioned, it also cuts new and even returning players out of being able to contribute anything towards guild levels until they reach 50-60.

Two options were suggested by this thread: One, to lower the level 25 guild dimensions to level 20 to make them attainable by new/returning guilds with the current guild leveling system. Or, a second option would be to overhaul and increase the number of guild quests so that work and effort, rather than a fixed passage of time, are the determining factor. While the first one would be easier for Trion to do, the second option would be much better.

Rift Disciple

Personally, I'd like to see some new guild dims at lvl 10 and 20 rather than just reducing the level requirement on the 25's or giving more quests. The guild dimension selection (assuming you actually have all 5 to choose from) is frankly bad, and could use some expanding anyways.
    I would like to see more quests like the old gathering ones for SL materials and higher level guilds. The xp per turn in was only a drop in the bucket, but if you had enough people dedicatedly going at it a difference was made.

I think it would be nifty to make some Runescape-esque crafting daily/weekly quests (either personal or guild-wide would work), rather than more "smack X foe Y times".

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see some new guild dims at lvl 10 and 20 rather than just reducing the level requirement on the 25's or giving more quests. The guild dimension selection (assuming you actually have all 5 to choose from) is frankly bad, and could use some expanding anyways.
    I would like to see more quests like the old gathering ones for SL materials and higher level guilds. The xp per turn in was only a drop in the bucket, but if you had enough people dedicatedly going at it a difference was made.

I think it would be nifty to make some Runescape-esque crafting daily/weekly quests (either personal or guild-wide would work), rather than more "smack X foe Y times".
    Wholeheartedly agree here. I was floored that huge dimensions like Dormant Core and Shoreward Island aren't offered as guild dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    Maybe like the Manu factory quests we used to have.
    These are still available for Defiants in Meridian, I would assume Guardians still have them. The xp is super low but every little bit helps with us since we are only 8 peeps in my Guild.

One, to lower the level 25 guild dimensions to level 20 to make them attainable by new/returning guilds with the current guild leveling system.
    Option one sounds viable but the point is you guys want something that Trion purposely barred at level 25 to keep you guys playing the game. It's working lol. It wouldn't make any sense to have guild levels if there wasn't some type of worthy reward for the whole guild.

Trion could go with option one and change the reward to making it so that at level 25 guilds can further upgrade their dimensions so that we can build bigger, better and more complex structures to fill in the MASSIVE amount of space that is available and increasing the (green) barrier so that the guild dimension is larger would be nice as well.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 01-29-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: stuff
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    These are still available for Defiants in Meridian, I would assume Guardians still have them. The xp is super low but every little bit helps with us since we are only 8 peeps in my Guild.
    When our guild hit level 15 we could no longer do those quests... even the people who were not yet 50 could not get them.

If you are past level 15 as a guild and CAN still get these quests, let me know - I"ll submit a bug report.

The reason my guild wants the one that happens to be level 25 isn't because it's level 25.... it's because it is the ONLY guild dimension with an environment that makes sense for the guild theme..
    This is the same for my guild. We are 100% dwarf... and the ONLY moonshade or hammerknell dimension we can get is the level 25 guild one. We're working towards it, and for right now are happly installed in the tavern, but we'd like to get home to moonshade eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by LilliumElessa View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see some new guild dims at lvl 10 and 20 rather than just reducing the level requirement on the 25's or giving more quests. The guild dimension selection (assuming you actually have all 5 to choose from) is frankly bad, and could use some expanding anyways. ".
    I'ld like to see more new dimension areas in general. I hope they have looked at what was popular and what was passed over in the list they already came out with, as well as what is a major request here on the forums *cough moonshade* and put some new ones out after the carnivel and the dimension contest are up.
    Last edited by Milyssa; 01-29-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    If you are past level 15 as a guild and CAN still get these quests, let me know - I"ll submit a bug report.
    We are only lvl 7 now with the new Guild. Thank You for the heads ups.

+ Reply to Thread