+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Puzzles and Games

Shadowlander

Default Puzzles and Games

I would like more ideas and examples on what kind of puzzles and games you can create in a dimension!?

I have dedicated my dimension for puzzles... but it's hard to make interactive puzzles and games in a static environment.

So far I've seen:
    - Maces
    - Jumping games
    - Treasure hunts/ hide and seek (I got a fun one up in The Sleeping Moth Inn on Argent right now)

I've also been thinking of making scavenger hunts and rebuses in the future!
    Mirja (Ejra and Fjalarr)

Dimension: The Sleeping Moth Inn + secrets
    Server: Icewatch EU (moved from Argent)
    Guild: Raid Them All

Rift Disciple

we made a huge chess board in our guild hall (Citadel of the Spider on Wolfsbane). you cant interact with it which kinda sux but it still looks pretty good in the middle of the floor across from our bowling alley

Telaran

I made a maze in one of my character's dimensions using Breach Chamber. I turned it into an underground cave (doesn't look anything like the original dimension!) and it has two floors to the maze, with hidden paths and pitfalls. It's taken people anywhere from 10-45 minutes to complete it, despite the small size of the place!

Check it out some time if you like!

(Maze) Buried Labyrinth, created by Aiora@Faeblight.

Water slides seem very popular.
    I spend a fair amount of time checking out how folks make things through object morphing but I'm weird that way.

Shadowlander

Finally I have decided what puzzle I shall make for Valentine..

This means that if you want to find this handsome guy below you want to take a look before saturday the 9th of February! That's when I will start to change puzzle in my dimension.

Where's Wally?
    Puzzles and Games-2013-01-15_191106.jpg
    Mirja (Ejra and Fjalarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirja View Post
    Finally I have decided what puzzle I shall make for Valentine..

This means that if you want to find this handsome guy below you want to take a look before saturday the 9th of February! That's when I will start to change puzzle in my dimension.

Where's Wally?
    Attachment 9118
    OMG! Love! Too cute!
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pochi View Post
    OMG! Love! Too cute!
    If you are on Eu server I can invite you.. write to Mirja@Argent
    Mirja (Ejra and Fjalarr)

If you are on Eu server I can invite you.. write to Mirja@Argent
    I'm not. Sucks we can't visit EU dimensions. Looking through the contest entries ther are some that are SO good that I would love a better look at. And, I would have to find Wally!
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pochi View Post
    I'm not. Sucks we can't visit EU dimensions. Looking through the contest entries ther are some that are SO good that I would love a better look at. And, I would have to find Wally!
    I don't know if you're aware but you can visit EU dimensions by making a toon on them. You can change regions from NA to EU on your loader screen for Rift, before you log on.

Go to the Settings button on the lower right hand side of your log in box, click and find the Regions box. Set it to EU, save and go back. When you log in you will be in Europe.

Cheapest way I know to go to Europe

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamarama View Post
    I don't know if you're aware but you can visit EU dimensions by making a toon on them. You can change regions from NA to EU on your loader screen for Rift, before you log on.

Go to the Settings button on the lower right hand side of your log in box, click and find the Regions box. Set it to EU, save and go back. When you log in you will be in Europe.

Cheapest way I know to go to Europe
    OMG thanks! Had no idea.

Shadowlander

Default Love in the Air

It's getting closer to Valentine's Day.. and that deserves a puzzle with the theme.

Wally has traveled away (perhaps he will come back some day) and made room for this:

Puzzles and Games-2013-02-10_001345.jpg

Can you figure it out?
    Mirja (Ejra and Fjalarr)

Soulwalker

I would like more ideas and examples on what kind of puzzles and games you can create in a dimension!?
    The best ideas I have seen are the static game involvements. Pool table and bowling alley seem to be popular and well done. I also seem to remember a dart board. I think these are done best when they use the statues and npc's to add to the effect. When I saw a Festigor statue holding a pool stick and about to make a shot, I was inspired. I wanted one for my self but not just a repeat so i made a miniature war game table. I have all the people (Guild quest, bartender, failed engineer) and statues (All hunt rift trophy's) around it holding books and figures, nerding it up.

The best interactive features I've seen are the maze's and slides. I used them both in my dimension but not as the central theme. I divided my dim maze like, with the rooms connected by confusingly placed corridors and hidden doors. I have a false floor, pit trap slide. I placed if to defend the secret 20% of the place were i have most of the cool stuff. My hidden door is not just a banner. I placed a obstruction behind it so you have to jump a bit to make it through. Those that make it to the end seem to think the effort was wroth it.

Come check it. The Egg Factory @Threesprings

I'm really liking the idea of adding more interactive features into dimensions. We'd just need a few simple tools and triggers to make things so much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by exanimo View Post
    I'm really liking the idea of adding more interactive features into dimensions. We'd just need a few simple tools and triggers to make things so much more enjoyable.
    Agreed!

Mirja: I've made an EU alt for Argent, so I'll have to hop in and see the awesome sights for myself!
    RP Officer of the notorious Blackwood Company@Faeblight and co-admin of Faeblight United.
    Interested in RP? Want to network with other RPers and talk lore? Have an event to promote? Come to us.

Plane Touched

I've seen a number of dimensions with a "Failed Engineer" ... this guy looks great.
    Can you tell me how I can get one for my own dimension?
    TIA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast