+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tyrkan

Thread: Favorite Dimension instance to build in?

Default Favorite Dimension instance to build in?

What is everyone's favorite dimension instance to build in and why?

I like Faen's Retreat and Dormant Core.

With Faen's Retreat, the main little building offers a base to build off and create a larger house. Or, it has enough room outside to make entirely new buildings. It has water and some existing greenery. I wish it had a larger item cap than 760.

I haven't actually built Dormant Core yet but I think that is the next one I want to tackle. It has waterfalls and hidden areas and so much room! I am afraid the "so much room" might also be a downfall because it is pretty spread out.

When I visit other dimensions, the two I listed above always tend to be my favorites. There are always the exceptions where someone has taken one of the others and turned into something so totally different, you wouldn't recognize it. We have some amazingly talented designers!
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Breach Chamber and Bogling Boggle for me. The Breach chamber has a sort of old fashioned elegant feel and for me suited my desire to create a Study or School which I did on my rogue. Bogling Boggle is where I would like to create a full size campus for the planes with dorms and etc because it feels kind of plane like to me and has a pond which I love.
    Last edited by Xillean; 01-16-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

honestly for me, my favorite dimension would have to be Dormant Core, so much space, and really gives me an ability to construct egyptian styled palaces/temples

My best work has been in Necropolis. Have never seen another good Necropolis dimension.

Soulwalker

I had the pleasure of visiting Carnalpleasures Necropolis dimension and I have to say I was thoroughly impressed. I would not have known it was Necropolis if it didn't say so in the dimension finder. So much work and careful design went into it. By far the best I've seen so far.
    No ticky...no laundry!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

I really want to try my hand at Strozza Estate Villa and Tuldio Sun Orb. Both these dimensions are difficult terrain, too many buildings and little flat space. I think these dimensions have too much character for the average dimensioneer.

I just want the challenge of building something that fits these two dimensions. Course, it's going to take me a long time to acquire one for myself - unless somebody wants to let me loose in theirs with a large bankroll?

I love building in my Stone Flask Tavern (The Radish Inn and Maze on Greybriar). I think it's one of the easiest and most flexible dimensions to build in.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Soulwalker

Faen's Retreat by far, feel free to check out Fable on Icewatch, it's a pitty we are capped to less than 800 items and don't have access to all those models available in game! Not to mention dyes, that would make it perfect.
    Last edited by Midiel; 01-17-2013 at 03:33 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I get depressed visiting other people's Dimensions, but not the way it sounds

Depressed because my building skills are of the "can click a few bricks of LEGO together to make a wall" and seeing other peoples work puts me to shame.

Eventually i can see Dimensions evolving to the point of buying a totally blank space with nothing in it and you get to make everything from scratch, terrain, water features, even laying out grass and other landscape features.

Seems the next logical step, then truly you can create a Dimension that's uniquely yours, even though no two Dimensions of the same one are alike

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

I quite like Dolcega valley, it's easy to build in, and with creativity you can make it look like it's an entirely different place. I once turned it into a grove in the forest, where you can't at all see any of the original dimension.
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

I've only been playing since just before SL launched so don't yet have the cash to buy the more expensive dimensions. But I have spent days (and nights) shard hopping to play dimension tourista and have to say, it's really hard to choose a favorite.

Having said that, Stoneward Island is probably the one I will ultimately look to purchase and furnish as my personal dimension. It has all the things I value: water, view, space, interesting terrain. In the meantime, I've built five dimensions for alts and guildies and they are all fun to work with and challenging in their own way: Sanguine Shores, Warden's Point, Breach Chamber and Dolcega Valley (still WIP). I'm looking forward to doing up a Plaza Aurentine next.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I get depressed visiting other people's Dimensions, but not the way it sounds

Depressed because my building skills are of the "can click a few bricks of LEGO together to make a wall" and seeing other peoples work puts me to shame.
    I agree with this sentiment, lol I spent a lot of time on my first dimension and was very happy with it, and then when i went and visited other ones I just got really depressed at some of the creations. Oh well, that's what alts are for, to try and make something different.

More on topic I have toured all the dimension zones and I think I like the Shoreward Island (that was my first dimension's zone) one the best. I had it before the cap increase and was stressed that it was so empty, and was glad for the increase as I was pretty much able to finish what I wanted, for the most part. At least it is more complete than it was before (though there is still an empty area). There is just so much space and it is easy to build a large house on the water without running into something and it has a very good item cap, though it could use more just to occupy the other areas.

I am currently working in Central Necropolis for my second dimension, and am once more confronted by the item cap. Those items fill up fast! I can't even imagine what it was like before the raised the item cap. Oh well...time to try and cut things.
    Last edited by Malus Ferox; 01-17-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    @Greybriar
    Incendius 60 Mage Guardian Dimension: "Castellum Incendia"-Undergoing intensive remodeling. Temporarily back down.
    Lunatanzia 57 Rogue Guardian Dimension: "PlanEscape feat. The Skelebones"-Live

Shield of Telara

Iíve tried Necropolis, but the busted roof and sound of wind made it seem drafty and uncomfortable for my elf no matter what I did to it. I put all those tiles in Dolcega valley and have liked what I put so far. Iím trying to make the pool an indoor one with the elven coffee tables being the see through glass parts. The legs are a challenge.
    Apparently, I cheered about the last green puzzle piece for nothing. I can't play now at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Malus Ferox View Post
    I agree with this sentiment, lol I spent a lot of time on my first dimension and was very happy with it, and then when i went and visited other ones I just got really depressed at some of the creations. Oh well, that's what alts are for, to try and make something different.

More on topic I have toured all the dimension zones and I think I like the Shoreward Island (that was my first dimension's zone) one the best. I had it before the cap increase and was stressed that it was so empty, and was glad for the increase as I was pretty much able to finish what I wanted, for the most part. At least it is more complete than it was before (though there is still an empty area). There is just so much space and it is easy to build a large house on the water without running into something and it has a very good item cap, though it could use more just to occupy the other areas.

I am currently working in Central Necropolis for my second dimension, and am once more confronted by the item cap. Those items fill up fast! I can't even imagine what it was like before the raised the item cap. Oh well...time to try and cut things.
    I see things in other people's dimensions all the time and think "Why didn't I think of that?" I play tourist quite a bit and get ideas. I am saving plat for my next dimension. I wish there were a way to "bookmark" my favorite dimensions to revisit.
    Guild ~ Creative Outlet

Ascendant

My favourite to build in was Plaza because it was all on the correct angle. However, the space itself got on my nerves after a while - with the jets of fire, the sound, and the lack of view that sould be available.

I rebuilt in Breach Chamber and Love the sound of water running from the waterfall in the distance. I also loved the valley because of its variety, but I wish the pool was more a pond. I understand this is actually a swimming pool though - so no complaints.

Warden's point has an amazing view, but I can't justify tying up a defiant alt just to have it.
    I wish Sanquine Shores could have a view straight to Sanctum, but I guess that's too much to hope for. It's nice, but not great.

I'm not a fan of Desert or Jungle, so Core and Retreat are out for me.... and the Island would be cool but I'd be tempted to build over water and don't want to do that.

My favorite by far is, and this is a surprise to me, the tavern. For our guild dimension I put down mossy rocks to make a training yard over most of the pond, leaving only the waterfall splash pad and a river flowing from there to the other side of the dimension... That yard, plus the trees I put in, make it feel a LOT like moonshade. Being a Dwarf, this is the closest I'll come to moonshade for a while (at least, they haven't announced moonshade yet.), and our Hammerknell Dimension is out of reach for the moment (level 16-25 and 2500 plat.... lots of fund/experience raising required)

+ Reply to Thread