+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Starseeker

Thread: RIFT Decorators Database

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

Default RIFT Decorators Database

Hello!

As some of you in the decorating community know, I've been building a website at http://www.riftdecorators.com/ as a database for Dimensions and Dimension Items.

I am so happy decorators have our own forum now on the official forums!

The spirit of my page is to be a one stop shop for previews for all dimension items in the game that you can see outside of the game, or if your not sure where to find something, you can go there to see which NPC it's on or Location it drops in. As well as have a section with video of the dimensions that are currently offered.

I have *most* of the items and where they are located, however there are still a few missing, I am working with members of the community to scower the shards and get the rest up to date.

Anyways, I hope it is useful, and sometime perhaps I will expand into dimension crafting, but for now I just have the items listed.

Enjoy! And happy decorating
    Last edited by Starseeker; 01-16-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

I logged on the forums just to thank you for the awesome work you did with your site ^^ I love it and use it often, it's such a great resource for dimensions decorators <3

So, thank you! ^^

I'm a big supporter as well. Thank's for posting my blog. ^_^

Thank you for the post, I will book mark the webpage as I find it fabulous.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Shadowlander

Default Well Done

Awesome Site!!!!! could i suggest some sort of search function tho? i was looking for pics of certain items and i pretty much had to go threw every catagory. Also pics of what the Sky looks like with each of the different sky augs would be wonderful.
    Cheers
    Fejj - ThreeSprings
    GM of <Schism>

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to look into seeing what I can do about the search function. Not sure if it's possible but will try!

The sky thing I could most likely do, look for that in an upcoming update...thanks again!

Shadowlander

Default search function

Quote Originally Posted by Starseeker View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll have to look into seeing what I can do about the search function. Not sure if it's possible but will try!

The sky thing I could most likely do, look for that in an upcoming update...thanks again!
    Well instead of a search function how about a list of every dimension item in alphabetical order? Just a thought
    Fejj - ThreeSprings
    GM of <Schism>

Just wanted to add my two cents and say thanks for what you have compiled. I just finished my first dimension at 4 o'clock this morning and several websites (yours included) were invaluable with helping me find the pieces I needed.

Excited to be able to talk and share with other decorators on our new forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    Well instead of a search function how about a list of every dimension item in alphabetical order? Just a thought
    That's an idea, yeah I'm not sure if my current site location will allow for a search the way I have it set up, but I could definitely do an index.

Shadowlander

Thank you Starseeker for your wonderful page!

I have been using it a lot. I find it very usefull when I'm looking for items with certain shape or colour to use for object morphing.
    As is already suggested it would be nice to have all items at the same page (since I rarely use the items for what they are supposed for). Alphabetical order would be lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Starseeker View Post
    That's an idea, yeah I'm not sure if my current site location will allow for a search the way I have it set up, but I could definitely do an index.
    I would definitely recommend utilizing WordPress if your hosting account allows access to MySQL (databases) and PHP.

You'll find it a lot easier to maintain your content and you'll have a lot of basic functionality (searching being one of them).

If you ever need any help with wanting to set this up, let me know and I'd be glad to lend some advice and useful links to get it setup!

I was debating on using word press, I run my blog off of it and I had started the site under word press.

However, I found it difficult to work with menus with word press, it was hard to organize the content in a logical way without just creating massive posts about things and I couldn't find an easy way to update the screenshots if I needed to. I'm going to fish around and see what I can do about a search, right now everything is organized into photo galleries.

I'll admit though I'm not as familiar with wordpress as I probably should be

Switched the site to WordPress and there is now a search enjoy

+ Reply to Thread