Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rotting Canine hard to find?

Default Rotting Canine hard to find?

What the? I need this to level apothecary and the darn thing is so hard to farm!

Honestly, I'd be lucky to get one every 20 mobs. Or is my luck just really really bad?

1 every 20? My, I'd say you have great luck there. Drops much less for me :P

Yeah it's pretty rare to get tooth, our guild apoth has been lucky that the entire guild supplies him with it, and we have a good 7-8 butchers.

Telaran

There's fluoride in water and all mobs brush their teeth regularly.

Hide drops were too high in Beta5, so for Beta6 they nerfed all butchery drops. This brought the hide drops down to a decent level (1-2 per, instead of 2-3 per), but destroyed the previously perfect tooth/bone drop rate. They really need to look at the drop rates for bones again, because it was fine before, now they're really really rare.

Wait so you're saying I should stop vendoring all these bones and teeth and crap I get because they're hard to come by?

Some sort of little vermin was dropping them fairly consistently..a little shellfish type of mob..

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade View Post
    There's fluoride in water and all mobs brush their teeth regularly.
    Lol yea they got white teeth but can't count past 20!

Soulwalker

I agree. Especially since the NPCs suggest taking butchering with Apothecary. When it's only the rotting canine you need from butchering (at least tier 1, I don't know about later in the game.)

very hard to find a drop of this. i agree about 1/20 kills. i farmed low-level wolf creatures for about an hour, and made a mint in hides, but maybe got 5 canines to drop.
    Overwhelming Positive Response to RvR which was irresponsibly locked here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...hat-we-want-it but re-started here with overwhelming supoprt and locked again http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ant-it-quot-II With a total of over 400 pages, mostly in positive support, why is Trion seemingly trying to shut down any interest now? Now players are continuing to rise up here again in favor of RvR: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...our-subs-Trion

I butcher everything with toofers and hide, and agree that 1:20 drop rate is a bit too low. So since we all have same concern, I call to devs to resolve the issue.

To the wonderful Trion team: Can the drop rate of Rotting Canine be increased, but just slightly? This way it is still fair and its a good commodity to auction, but it will not make Apothecary leveling a nightmare of farming for the said tooth.

You dont need Canines or Bones to level Apo. but it can be great to have to make some potions. I mean, there is always 1 other potions that you can create that will use only flowers and will make you gain other level. You dont need to do the Orange potions to level.

I went from 1 to 150 without using any canines or bones. I kept them in my bank while i level, i now have a good stack of both. I use them only for my daily quests.
    ------------------------
    Guild Bank please!
    ===========
    Syk; Briarcliff

I agree the drop rate could use a little increase.

I also found them very rare. Ended up with only about 10-12 after a full day of mob 'butchery'
    Then wanted to buy some on Ah, only to find out there was only 1 single on there for 40 gold, lol.

What is probably the funny part is that there is a quest which requires four of them; so that quest alone will take you an hour or more of 'hardcore grind'!
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

Soulwalker

In other MMOs that I have played the rarer the ingredient ( in this case teeth) in a recipe the more inflated the eventual item became. Not good when you are trying to sell luxury pots as I like to call them. So upping the drop rate on the hard parts would be a good thing in my opinion. But until then im going to go mug the tooth fairy!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast