+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Githil

Thread: State of Crafting from someone who came back.

Default State of Crafting from someone who came back.

So, I came back to the game recently and went to start up my crafting to prepare my characters for the coming level grinding. Only thing is, the crafted items don't seem that useful compared to dropped items at the lower end of the crafting level and it takes way too many resources to make said items. It would seem that the resource requirements went up, but the availability of said resources didn't scale at all.

I feel all this did was make it is so you pretty much have to level first, get the quest gear, then work on getting enough resources to grind out your crafter. At which point 90% of the items you will have to make to finish the crafting grind is useless. I'll use weaponsmith as an example, to make 1 dagger you need 16 bars, which take 2 ore each so 32 ore is required to make 1 dagger. 96 ore to make 3 daggers.

If you do not have a tradeskill potion running you are looking at around 1 skill up per combine. So 10 combines to get to the next set of recipes. Meaning you will need 320 ore, if you are lucky and get 1 skill point per combine at the later part of the skill point group the dagger is part of. That is an obscene amount of resources needed to get from 460 to 470 skill.

I mean, it really feels like Trion is trying to kill off the tradeskilling instead of harnessing a huge play style. Sure, not everyone likes to craft, but not everyone likes to grind out levels and be top raid tank/dps/heals. I love raiding and working towards leveling and gearing up for it, I just feel there is a complete lack of needed crafting recipes for Weaponsmith/Armorsmith/Outfitter.

Depending on the crafting bracket...

crafting workorders are intended to be used for levelling.. they are often relatively cheap in mats..
    Yes, this is slowing down the progression in levelling craft skills.. But that's what happens ina new bracket/expansion.. it would be favored, if players level their skills as they level themselves..so don't rush anyting in one day.

I agree that the cost of recipes and the need for 2 raw mats to make 1 processed mat is annoying.. but this has to do with the changes to farming.
    The results from farming/harvesting were boosted, so for example.. a skill 300 forager can get 5 or 6 runebirch from one node.
    other than that, there are now butchering, foraging, fishing and mining runes in game, that virtually boost your skill with 50 points, so you get more materials from your noded through that virtually boosted level.
    That way, more mats are dropped into the economy in less time. To prevent an early overload of mats. the recipes have become more expensive.

A little advice.. there are fluff recipes for every craft and enhancement recipes for most crafts, that require less materials and can last longer than the regular 10 orange/10 yellow points.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Depending on the crafting bracket...

crafting workorders are intended to be used for levelling.. they are often relatively cheap in mats..
    Yes, this is slowing down the progression in levelling craft skills.. But that's what happens ina new bracket/expansion.. it would be favored, if players level their skills as they level themselves..so don't rush anyting in one day.
    You can't keep up with the materials needed for crafting while adventuring and gathering resources.

I agree that the cost of recipes and the need for 2 raw mats to make 1 processed mat is annoying.. but this has to do with the changes to farming.
    The results from farming/harvesting were boosted, so for example.. a skill 300 forager can get 5 or 6 runebirch from one node.
    The changes to harvesting doesn't help someone who is still skilling up those harvesting skills, which you only find a so few harvest nodes to do while out adventuring.

other than that, there are now butchering, foraging, fishing and mining runes in game, that virtually boost your skill with 50 points, so you get more materials from your noded through that virtually boosted level.
    First I have heard of these, where do I find these runes?

A little advice.. there are fluff recipes for every craft and enhancement recipes for most crafts, that require less materials and can last longer than the regular 10 orange/10 yellow points.
    fluff recipes that you need to use crafting marks to get? Yeah, I would rather save those for recipes that actually matter.

I may disagree with some of what you said, but I do appreciate your response.

+ Reply to Thread