+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By thunder 1

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions bringing back crap mats - bug or intended?

Champion

Default Minions bringing back crap mats - bug or intended?

I was wondering if anybody can tell me if this is intended. When I send out a max level (25) minion on a gathering mission (anything that isn't dimension / notoriety / artefacts) sometimes the minion returns grey garbage that sells for around 20 gold for an 8 hour mission. I always match at least one of the skills on the card to the mission, often both. Is this intended behaviour? I hope this is a bug....

If this is intended, any idea why? I expect a semi-matched level 25 to bring back more than 20g worth of stuff from an 8 hour mission. I understand that this happens a lot more often when they are below level 25.

Soulwalker

I haven't had that problem so far. I actually get some semi not terrible stuff when sending lower lvl minions to level them.

Mostly because Trion thinks heavy doses of RNG are fun. I have gotten plenty of old NT mats (the ones you are talking about) from lower level and mismatched minions, but it should be rare (if at all possible) from a 25-point match mission.
    Last edited by Linolea; 05-21-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Yes this is intended.

I only send minions on any mission, if they have both matching stats and they are level 25 and I always send off the minion with the highest overall stats. This minimizes the amount of grey items that minions bring back to very rare occurrences. There is still a chance of that if rng brings back 1 or 2 stars in the mission, although in these circumstances this happens very rarely.

If you choose to send under level 25 minions or have 1 or no matching mission stats, then the chance of 1 or 2 stars and the corresponding grey items brought back will increase.

Good luck,

Thunder
    Last edited by thunder 1; 05-22-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Mostly because Trion thinks heavy doses of RNG are fun. I have gotten plenty of old NT mats (the ones you are talking about) from lower level and mismatched minions, but it should be rare (if at all possible) from a 25-point match mission.
    I don't mind annoying RNG grinds as long as I'm not insulted with a Gem option.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    I don't mind annoying RNG grinds as long as I'm not insulted with a Gem option.
    I strongly suggest that you get the "Minion Sender" add-on from curse.com, if you do not already have it. IMO it is the best add-on in the game to save you energy. time and effort to sort, send out, collect stuff from your minions.

You can use the settings to automatically send out minions with both matching stats, one matching stat at least or no matching stats if your minions are few. The settings can automatically skip diamond missions, automatically destroy dim boxes and "unstable cache anomoly" boxes if you want, Also you can use the settings to choose a priority of sending out minions with stamina, "best overall stats, highest level and lowest level".

The settings are easy to use and easy to change. After the setup you just spam click the button and collect and send out the minions. You can even do this while you are, running, mounted and riding or fighting. It is a fantastic add - on.

Thunder

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Thunder is correct in his observations regarding minion returns. While my focus is always the Artifact missions (yes, I am an addict), I talked to Snedhepl for a full rundown of how my wee buddies work.

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2.../minioneering/

I have not used the Curse minion add-on myself because it only takes a minute to send them all out, hehe.
    On weekends, or if I am watching a movie at home, I'll level my many younger minions up with the short missions. I have a LOT of minions, though not all, by any means. =P
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Thunder is correct in his observations regarding minion returns. While my focus is always the Artifact missions (yes, I am an addict), I talked to Snedhepl for a full rundown of how my wee buddies work.
    Me too Brasse. As a fellow artifact addict maybe you could put in a good word, small nudge, large bonk on the head to Snedhepl to update the artifact table returns to include the new zones and NT / PTW zones?

With over 1200 sets completed my minions almost never bring back artifacts that I can use for set completions

Ty from one fellow addict to another,

Thunder
    Last edited by thunder 1; 05-23-2017 at 10:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread