+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Grrrr....Runes and Screwed Up Item Levels

I glanced at the thread title and thought i was being named for something! Hehe carrying on...
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    From tomorrow's patch notes: "A number of Visionary crafted runes should now be usable on Nightmare Tide level 65 gear."
    Thank you TrionBrasse for your input.

Correct me if I have the wrong impression here, but this announcement is as ambiguous as the current situation.

The easiest way to figure it out is, I suspect, to wait and use the "suck and see" approach.

This will lead to the need to decide if an inconsistency is a bug or intentional.

"A number of.....:" hmmm.

Given that there are 3 classes (leg, seal and weapon) runes here with 2 different types of weapon rune, it will be interesting to see which are excluded.

The sensible exclusion would be the seal rune, as the SFP introduced 65 seal already accepts the visionary rune.

This change also voids the "go to the source" explanation offered earlier in this thread and begs the question:

Are the Bound to Account items from the gear pack given with the SFP bundle classified as "Nightmare Tide level 65 gear"?

* A number of Visionary crafted runes should now be usable on Nightmare Tide level 65 gear.
    There.
    /10chars

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Woftam View Post
    Thank you TrionBrasse for your input.

Correct me if I have the wrong impression here, but this announcement is as ambiguous as the current situation.

The easiest way to figure it out is, I suspect, to wait and use the "suck and see" approach.

This will lead to the need to decide if an inconsistency is a bug or intentional.

"A number of.....:" hmmm.

Given that there are 3 classes (leg, seal and weapon) runes here with 2 different types of weapon rune, it will be interesting to see which are excluded.

The sensible exclusion would be the seal rune, as the SFP introduced 65 seal already accepts the visionary rune.

This change also voids the "go to the source" explanation offered earlier in this thread and begs the question:

Are the Bound to Account items from the gear pack given with the SFP bundle classified as "Nightmare Tide level 65 gear"?
    The sensible thing to do, would be to:

1. create a list of all level 65 and above equipment and runes
    2. determine which runes can be applied to which equipment
    3. annotate a on both the equipment, rune, and/or their recipes, to make it clear which is compatible with which

Apply notations to both the item and / or their crafting recipes, for runes and equipment, which inform the player exactly which are compatible with which.

For example, label the Detailed Thalasie Warhammer as a "Tier 2" level 65 item, and the Visionary Starstrike Weapon-rune as a usable only on on level 65 "Tier 1 items."

Then it's just a simple matter of making sure you only buy "Tier 2" crafting recipes, or purchase "Tier 2" runes, to go on your "Tier 2" equipment.

I'm using the terms "Tier 1 or 2" only as an example.

I do not know how all the level 65 gear restrictions for runes and items are, maybe their are more than two. Maybe there are different tiers for level 70 gear also? I don't know.

Someone who knows this can decide how to annotate the runes and equipment, so players can readily see which rune goes on which seal or weapon, etc...
    Last edited by Grimalken; 04-26-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalken View Post
    Sorry. I was frustrated about this before I posted, and seeing players just going along with the status quo, it just frustrated me even more.

Why wouldn't players desire a crafting system that properly informs players exactly what goes with what?

I'm sure I'm not the only player to have spent money on these items and recipes, and even purchased the components on the AH, or spent hours trying to procure them, only to have the game tell us, ooops, this rune cannot go on that gear, so you wasted your time and effort.
    I am having the same frustrating crafting. Just like you spent time & money to rune my toons new gear ugh something needs to be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2