+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wardobe 2 handed costume weapon no slot

Soulwalker

Default Wardobe 2 handed costume weapon no slot

Hi guys,

i was wondering why the 2 handed saw with serated edge isnt showing up in wardobe.
    I am a rogue, i can equip it, but when goto wardrobe, its not listed in costume???
    Is this a glitch, or can i not walk around with this?
    I spent a good amount of stuff on it, but cant use it?

If you are a rogue, you can NOT equip a two-handed weapon, not even cosmetically.
    Your alts of other classes can though.

Soulwalker

? confused.

in the character view, i can equip the weapon, a slot appears above ranged.
    but wont appear in wardrobe set?

Rogues can't see 2handed wardrobes just like clerics and mages can't see Bow/Gun.

Ral
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    If you are a rogue, you can NOT equip a two-handed weapon, not even cosmetically.
    Your alts of other classes can though.
    You can actually equip any weapon as long as the class restrictions don't forbid it. Many items do not have class restrictions and equip just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Rogues can't see 2handed wardrobes just like clerics and mages can't see Bow/Gun.
    This has always dismayed me, the devs have said the reason was due to lack of animations, but in some cases such as mages, shields seem to animate just fine. There are some cases where weapon types a class wasn't intended to use do not properly animate for some abilities, instead it simply fails to load the animation and just continues to loop the last animation for the duration, so clearly it doesn't break the game, just looks slightly wonky and exists legitimately within the system already in place.

Oddly mages and clerics as far as I can recall have no issue using bladed two handed items which they were never intended to be able to use, so they seem to have had all their animations designed to include all two handed wield types and dual wield unlike some other classes abilities which seem limited in which wield types they have animated.

It does appear that mages (and possibly clerics) at least will always use there non-ranged weapons, even if not wielding any other weapon or only a ranged weapon and will resort to fisticuffs.

Rogues seem to require either a bow (which they will humorously use even in melee if lacking a one handed weapon) or a one handed weapon in at least one hand to perform abilities as wielding only a staff (and possibly a two-handed sword/polearm/hammer) disables their abilities. However they auto-attack just fine with a staff. Rogues also seem to function fine with a melee main hand and a shield or totem in offhand, though I have not exhaustively tested all abilities.

I didn't test using only a wand on a rogue nor did I test anything in primalist.

As mentoring/sidekicking fixes your stats regardless of gear even costume weapons are viable, as such I had considered using this for alts to make a mage with a shield, etc. Unfortunately I expect these fun "bugs" will likely be fixed now.

It is also very annoying to have to switch to an alt anytime I want to show/check a wardrobe type I can't normally wield on my main.
    Last edited by Ral; 04-22-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    You can actually equip any weapon as long as the class restrictions don't forbid it. Many items do not have class restrictions and equip just fine.
    No kidding? But rogues still can't equip 2Hs even cosmetically.

+ Reply to Thread