+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aranka

Thread: can't fish

Default can't fish

Why I can butcher, pick flowers etc where I want, but not fish where I want?

Not really sure what you're saying here.

You can't pick flowers where you want; only where foraging nodes were programmed to shard.
    You can't butcher where you want; only near skinnable mobs.

You CAN actually fish in any water you want, but if you want better stuff, you need to find schools of fish and/or use lures.

I mean need 90 skill to fish in scarwood reach, but to butcher I can butcher any animal.

Ok, that's a good question that I don't have an answer to.

Note that during Summerfest you can fish at any Summer Sunplant at any skill level

you can at skill 1 butcher skin any level dead animal.
    The animal needs to be dead and there should be no (by other player claimable) loot on it.

you can at skill 1 forager harvest any plant/wood node.
    You can forage the plant/wood giving mobs as long as they are dead and there is no claimable loot on them.

you can at skill 1 mining harvest any mining node.
    you can mine any ore giving mobs as long as they are dead and there is no claimable loot on them.

At lower skill, you will get less mats from the harvest activity... at skill 1, you will get more grey stuff and 1 piece of hide, ore, plant or wood from harvesting higher tier mats.

You should get 2 pieces of material when at the intended skill level of that material.. So 225 butchering should give you 2 hides when skinning level 48-50 animals.

At higher skill level... 300 or 301 I think, you should get 3 hides from skinning level 48-50 animals in shimmersand/stillmoor, but 2 hides from skinning level 50-54 animals in brevane/dusken.

The processing of those hides can only be done if you have the skill level to learn that recipe... which explains the difference between level 50 in shimmersand and level 50 in brevane/dusken. Level 50 animals in shimmersand give soulhide, for which the processing level is 225. Level 50 animals in Brevane/Dusken give dense hide, for which the processing level is 290.

Fishing... different story.
    Fishing is in a way bound to territory.. If you fish in an area that is intended for a higher level than your char is, you will meet fishbot 9000... A very deadly 9000...
    So at level 30, you can reach fishing skill 225 in droughtlands, but when you go fortune shore at level 30, you will meet this fishbot... and it kills you.

I am not sure if sidekicking would fool the fishbot.

The fishing zones are bound to skill levels... I can only assume this has to do with the type of fish you can catch there.. If you try fishing in off waters, that don't belong to a zone, you fish in skill 1 water.. and get low level fish.
    If they would make all waters available to all skill levels, that may basically mean we would all fish the low level fish or be able to catch any and all type of fish belonging to either that map or any and all type of fish belonging to all zones...
    And if that would be the case, there would be no point in trying to fish for a certain type without lures and loot tables would be disturbed

And in that assumption, I guess they did leave it the way it is, to prevent bots from fishing in level appropriate waters with lures for specific fish.

Rift Chaser

Default Fishbot 9000 is no fool

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Note that during Summerfest you can fish at any Summer Sunplant at any skill level
    True but Fishbot 9000 doesn't care about the fishing level requirement, just the Zone level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    I am not sure if sidekicking would fool the fishbot.
    Neither mentoring or sidekicking will fool Fishbot 9000.

However, it is possible to collect over 20 fish before it appears (the first time).
    Immediate followup attempts are responded to more rapidly.

Screenshots available if proof required.

Initially I suspected the coding would be clever enough to allow for genuine fishermen to prevent being zapped by doing something on a regular basis that can't be scripted, proving themselves to NOT be a bot. But any attempts to reveal such sophisticated coding have proven futile.
    Last edited by Fiftyish; 05-20-2017 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread