+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tacitus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Celestial Fishing Rune is useless

Soulwalker

Default Celestial Fishing Rune is useless

The other runes give a 50% increase in harvesting rate. As near as I can tell the fishing rune might give a slight increase to the rate of fishing up blues. The number of fish taken is the same and the type of fish seems to be typical for the location (SFP zones only so far).
    Last edited by temujin yesugei; 04-12-2017 at 05:55 PM.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

As of NEXT week's hotfix (likely on 4/26), this will be in the patch notes:

The crafted fishing rune will now sometimes increase the yield of fish. Additionally, it improves the chances of obtaining Stanís Tacklebox and Lure recipes for those that have not yet acquired them.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    As of NEXT week's hotfix (likely on 4/26), this will be in the patch notes:

The crafted fishing rune will now sometimes increase the yield of fish. Additionally, it improves the chances of obtaining Stan’s Tacklebox and Lure recipes for those that have not yet acquired them.
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Lakshmi; 04-19-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default Working as intended?

@Tacticus

Is this rune working as intended? I did a little test, using the rune I crafted last week:

20 casts for each type of fish

Blackthorn Trout -- caught 21 (+5%)
    Starfall Crab -- caught 30 (+50%)
    Tenebrean Eel -- caught 20 (no benefit from rune)

I know this is a tiny sample size but the benefits from the other gathering runes are noticeable even with small sample sizes. WAI? Or is my pre-update rune somehow different from newly crafted runes?
    Last edited by Lakshmi; 04-27-2017 at 07:44 AM.

Been fishing with the rune in SFP waters (Gedlo) since reset and it is definitely working. I have seen all of the following:

1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 of the basic fish (trout or crabs) from a single cast
    1 tenebrean eel & 1 or more (up to 4) basic fish from a single cast

Every 2-4 casts I would see a multiple of some description. I think I only ever saw singles from a single pull cast, but I may be mistaken. I wasn't paying such close attention.

All in all it seems to be a slightly better return than the mining runes (I haven't tested the others).

*EDIT* My missus trialled the rune in previous expansion zones and it didn't seem to add any bonus. Is this intended?
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-27-2017 at 08:46 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Came across a bug today. We all know about the leaving TD and no NPCs in Alittu thing, well I found the fishing rune wasn't working (Gedlo). Did at least 30 casts, all singles. I unequipped and re-equipped and it immediately yielded multiples. That wasn't ENG, but a bug. Minor, but a bug nonetheless...

removing rune and adding again... you used a rune remover?

Did you try relog before?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 of the basic fish (trout or crabs) from a single cast
    Ah, I only used it for a few dozen casts and I only got 1 and 2 fish, thought that was it.

Do you know roughly what % of the time you get 1/2/3/4/5?
    I think I saw about 75%-80% 1 fish and 20-25% 2 fish. I guess odds of 3/4/5 are pretty low?

Apologies for the confusion ... by unequip & re-equip I mean the shoulder that has the rune, i.e. gear swapping. I have four TD shoulders (darn you RNGeebus), but they are useful for mounting one each of the harvest skill runes. So I swapped one in, and then the fishing one back on, and it worked again.

I haven't tracked the amount of multiples... I tend to zone out when fishing (over 1,500 this week LOL) but I didn't track numbers. It certainly can go through weird RNG. I have seen 5 fish twice in a row, and also strings of 8-10 cats of singles. My guess is that the average fish take has probably doubled.

The number of pulls on the line doesn't seem to have an effect. I have seen multiples off single-pull casts.

Does the bonus ONLY work in the SFP zones? I equipped the rune and went to fish in Brevane, and it's been single fish pulls for the past 15 minutes.

(Also, if being really high skill level allows for greater foraging/butchering/mining results in general, why does it not work the same way for fishing?)
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 05-06-2017 at 08:33 AM.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Does the bonus ONLY work in the SFP zones? I equipped the rune and went to fish in Brevane, and it's been single fish pulls for the past 15 minutes.

(Also, if being really high skill level allows for greater foraging/butchering/mining results in general, why does it not work the same way for fishing?)
    Wish it would yield more fish in these zones as well.
    For no reason in particular
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/achieveme...sken-Fisherman https://rift.magelo.com/en/achieveme...anic-Fisherman

in 30 mins I only caught for then 1 fish three times,
    Sarek@Seastone Live Long and Prosper

+ Reply to Thread