Thread: Daily workorder awards ZERO XP

Soulwalker

Default Daily workorder awards ZERO XP

The screenshot is self explanatory.

Daily workorder awards ZERO XP-no-xp-daily.jpg

you're level 70 ?

Ral
    Champion

Many Storm Legion dailies do not award standard XP for leveling. These including crafting, Krom's turn-ins, Onslaughts and many others.

These originally did award XP, and a sizable amount, but iirc the reasoning given was that daily quests were not intended to level characters so the leveling XP was removed.

This occurred pretty deep into SL at a time most players were already level 60, so it really only affected power leveling for alts, but didn't actually solve the issue as power leveling simply moved onto other methods.

This philosophy that daily quests are not for leveling obviously didn't stick for the design of NT and SP, but to this day remains for SL content as the quests were never changed back.

P.S. Did a bit of digging, this came into effect at the launch of NT, likely to prevent players using SL dailies to level to 65. You can find the patch note in the NT launch notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana
    DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
    * Many Storm Legion daily and weekly quests that awarded XP now award Planar Attunement XP instead.
    and explained here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Level 60 daily quests grant PA exp at this point. They are intended as an end game activity not as a source of leveling experience.
    More details from the PTS can be found in this article on RiftGrate under the section "Old Dailies EXP Change".

I believe the crafting dailies were also added into the affected quests when it went live.
    Last edited by Ral; 03-25-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    you're level 70 ?
    NO

At level 70 this quest rewards far more than the pathetic 36 gold.

I don't see why a higher level toon should be rewarded more for the same quest.
    But that's another issue offering insight to a separate part of Trion design philosophy.
    Last edited by Pawly; 03-26-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    Many Storm Legion dailies do not award standard XP for leveling. These including crafting, Krom's turn-ins, Onslaughts and many others.
    So I have discovered.

Ironic that the purchase of the sfp xpac enables (encourages) power leveling on crafting dailies alone.

Thank you very much for the links and taking the time to explain.
    Last edited by Pawly; 03-26-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Rift Chaser

Default Crafting is a bad joke

In this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...me-please.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    And I shall look into why some are giving you real XP and some art. I am curious about that myself. ;)
    I think Ral has hit the nail on the head.

Personally, I'd advise against wasting time and plat doing the crafting dailies.
    The materials required can often be vendor trashed for more than the quest reward.
    The crafting marks awarded have become as useless as the crafting system.
    The only benefit is the PAXP which can be gained from just killing mobs and rifts.

Basically, Rift has been devolved into a pastime that is quite unrewarding unless you engage in the Stall For Profit expansion in order to pursue the imaginary carrot on the end of the stick.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    George Bernard Shaw.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyish View Post
    Personally, I'd advise against wasting time and plat doing the crafting dailies.
    The materials required can often be vendor trashed for more than the quest reward.
    The crafting marks awarded have become as useless as the crafting system.
    The only benefit is the PAXP which can be gained from just killing mobs and rifts.

RIFT 4.1: FORGED IN FLAME 3/29/2017
    CRAFTING
    * Crafting dailies now only reward planar attunement XP and coin.

You saw this coming?

Ascendant

One of the major disappointments currently. Trion seems dead set on discouraging us on any level to have (more) fun in game by playing alts... though this is only one of the 'less than good' decisions... Sad to be saying goodbye to them. All is now focused on ... spending money to have an alt or something?

About time! My personal belief, is that there never should have been XP, nor PA XP, on anything related to the arts of crafting.

I've always had the thought that XP and PA XP is for adventuring and becoming better at survival in the lands beyond the gates of safe havens, of which the actual crafting doesn't participate.

Crafting skills (notice I say crafting skills and not harvesting skills) are performed behind the walls and gates inside the havens of safety. Harvesting, or crafting, itself doesn't make one a better adventurer, defeating the obstacles going to/coming from those objectives do count towards one's adventuring experience.

So things are now aligned properly. One no longer comes a mighty adventuring Ascended by pricking one's fingers on spindles or the like.

There was a time in the beginning, I was an adventurer residing in Sunrest shard (a RP/PvP world), I fought for glory, honor and plat. Times have changed, Sunrest no longer exists, my conquesting days came to a sudden end when I took an arrow to the knee. I took to crafting of all skills, many items were worthy, but now... not so much.

Default Facts

A company needs money they give their customers stuff, when they get your money they spit in your face, reality.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Niphridil View Post
    So things are now aligned properly. One no longer comes a mighty adventuring Ascended by pricking one's fingers on spindles or the like.
    Exactly.

Oh how mighty an Ascendant I became by bowing in front of a bear and kneeling before a fairy. How gratifying it is to have the skills of my calling recognized as I achieve such challenging tasks.

How I must steel myself daily to face the task of jumping from point A to point B to point C...... Should I grind for BiS before contemplating this mission?

Whereas before, all I had to do was murder about fifty mobs to gather the materials required for a simple daily outfitter quest.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    George Bernard Shaw.

Rift Disciple

Default did anyone ever think about those of us with vertigo??????

we have a hard time fighting, so we prefer to enjoy the scenery and level via crafting as much as possible. i call discrimination.

+ Reply to Thread