+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archonix Producer's Letter and Crafting

I must say, I'm having more fun on the forums currently than I have in the game for the past few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #47
    Rift Team

Few other changes that will go live with the ones that Morticus listed at the top of thread are the following:

• Recipe for Phenomenal Bottles of Critical Strikes has been changed to only require 6 Sarleaf Extract
    • Rune Amender and Advanced Rune Amender recipes have had their costs slightly reduced. Mostly on the amount of stars required (both Capricious and Nightmare).
    • Pelagic Fragment and Sarleaf Fiberwood costs on Tormenting/Opaque Amenders have been reduced by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Few other changes that will go live with the ones that Morticus listed at the top of thread are the following:

• Recipe for Phenomenal Bottles of Critical Strikes has been changed to only require 6 Sarleaf Extract
    • Rune Amender and Advanced Rune Amender recipes have had their costs slightly reduced. Mostly on the amount of stars required (both Capricious and Nightmare).
    • Pelagic Fragment and Sarleaf Fiberwood costs on Tormenting/Opaque Amenders have been reduced by 50%.
    Phenomenal Bottles were never the issue. Its the fact that the illustrious ones are overtuned on price because of needing 6 disintegrating blend on top of tons of sarleaf and a 4p dust. Blend is now going to cost 1.5p making it even worse. If your making crit pots because you want to maximize your dps you wont be using the lesser ones anyways so this helps but not anyone who actually cares.

Formally dazer(thx gms for understanding)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mercykiller101 View Post
    I must say, I'm having more fun on the forums currently than I have in the game for the past few months.
    It seems to me, I'm more active in the forums than in-game. What's going on?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

Next week the 1p store bought crafting materials are set to go up by 50% to a new cost of 1p50g per.

Crustacean Oil

RIP Uncle Stanīs Lure: 24x fishes and 15p now. I can rather sell the fishes, gives more profit now as patron.

I understood that you raise the prices. But I donīt understand, why you do it. Your price trend pushes me more and more out of the game. My most time falls apart for dimensions, PvP and artefacts. I cannot upgrade my dimensions because lack of platinum. I must limit my crafting-dailyīs now because they become too expensive. Also the Stanīs Lure (which was so laborious) becomes too expensive.
    Last edited by Maelya; 02-04-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    The only grind on the forums is posting feedback.

Magikarp used splash. It's not very effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    If I'm gonna pay someone to express contempt for me, it's gonna be a hot chick in leather.

Shield of Telara

New content on the way! Raiding the RIFT Forums.

Trion is the encounter and every change a boss mechanic.

So far we wiped on pretty much all of them.

snr
    Soulwalker

Can you please do something about fabled hide/leather while you're working on changes in this department. It drops like crazy from minions. I got like 2000 pieces and nothing to do with it. Each stack on AH costs like 6 plat. Problem is every craft worthy recipe that uses it (insoles,chaps, strands) also needs cloth which is scarse and expensive. So in order to do something with leather/hides, I need to spend thousands of plat on ah for cloth or farm for hours which is unacceptable since the game is grindy enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    So after some discussion with the team, it doesn't look like we can revert the changes (in a timely fasion) that snuck in to the patch unintentionally. As a result the portion of the changes that are currently live are going to stay as they are, and will be joined with the other changes outlined in Morticus' letter with the next hotfix.
    You could delay the implementation of the plat increases, revert them back to what they were prior to them "sneaking in" (shakes rolled up newspaper and says "bad plat increases.. BAD"), then put them back in a week.

Just saying you can't do this in a "timely fashion" is not a viable excuse really.. and really.. the plat increases didn't "sneak" their way in there.. someone put them there..

It's not ok to time and time again require your player base to pay (literally) for the mistakes that keep happening lately. The player base deserved a heads up about this change.. we got none.. saying "sorry" is nice.. but doesn't fix the problem. Trion has the ability to fix the problem and then after people have a chance to adjust.. then implement it.

If this can not be done, I think the player base deserves to understand why. "Not in a timely fashion" is not a good reason.. or an acceptable reason. I'm pretty sure if someone "accidentally" decreased the cost by 50g and it now only cost 50 gold to buy the vendor items.. I bet you could fix that in a "timely fashion" right?

p.s. Looks like the increased price for the vendor mats has been reversed (for now)! Thank you very much for that @Trion. It's appreciated.
    Last edited by Ahnani; 02-05-2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: it looks like the increased plat crafting changes were reversed.. thank you Trion for that. It is appreciated!

Ahnani@Greybriar
    Ahnastasha@Greybriar
    Shadawni@Greybriar
    Thrainah@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnani View Post
    You could delay the implementation of the plat increases, revert them back to what they were prior to them "sneaking in" (shakes rolled up newspaper and says "bad plat increases.. BAD"), then put them back in a week.

Just saying you can't do this in a "timely fashion" is not a viable excuse really.. and really.. the plat increases didn't "sneak" their way in there.. someone put them there..

It's not ok to time and time again require your player base to pay (literally) for the mistakes that keep happening lately. The player base deserved a heads up about this change.. we got none.. saying "sorry" is nice.. but doesn't fix the problem. Trion has the ability to fix the problem and then after people have a chance to adjust.. then implement it.

If this can not be done, I think the player base deserves to understand why. "Not in a timely fashion" is not a good reason.. or an acceptable reason. I'm pretty sure if someone "accidentally" decreased the cost by 50g and it now only cost 50 gold to buy the vendor items.. I bet you could fix that in a "timely fashion" right?
    Actually, checking this morning, Feb 5, they seemed to have reverted back. No notice, but I did notice. So... grab what you can. Seems to be a lack of communication within the Team and to the public.

Actually, checking this morning, Feb 5, they seemed to have reverted back. No notice, but I did notice. So... grab what you can. Seems to be a lack of communication within the Team and to the public.
    Well, that is good news! I just checked too.. things are back to 1 plat for the moment.. I'm stocking up! Thanks for the info, I might have missed it otherwise..

Ahnani@Greybriar
    Ahnastasha@Greybriar
    Shadawni@Greybriar
    Thrainah@Greybriar

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #57
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by desaroth View Post
    Phenomenal Bottles were never the issue. Its the fact that the illustrious ones are overtuned on price because of needing 6 disintegrating blend on top of tons of sarleaf and a 4p dust. Blend is now going to cost 1.5p making it even worse. If your making crit pots because you want to maximize your dps you wont be using the lesser ones anyways so this helps but not anyone who actually cares.
    We cut Illustrious by 6 Sarleaf Extract as well. So, 50% Sarleaf reduction on Phenomenal and 33% on Illustrious.

I see a lot of collector people commenting they want to be able to do absolutely everything. I am in favor of the difficulty being such that there are heights only few reach and without RNG. I don't see this mat cost increasing things all that much.

I'm still rather shocked they aren't just reducing plat drops from old world raids.

Plane Touched

Default ALL details in patch notes, please

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post

PLEASE make sure all of the changes are captured and detailed in the patch notes!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    I am in favor of the difficulty being such that there are heights only few reach and without RNG. I don't see this mat cost increasing things all that much.
    Receiving the Uncle-Stans-Super-Secret-Pole was difficult and the lure was difficult, too.
    I hope, the required materials are lowered. Cooldown 6 hours for 3x fishing. The lure requires 24 fishes+ 10 Crustacean oil. It shouldnīt really be further complicated.

There are also 2-3 daily quest, which requires not only one but also two of those +50% Items.
    The recipes are already expensive. It needs time to collect the badges.

I earns always +15% as patron. But f2p does not. That means, they need more time for the badges. I think, that is a difference and it is not necessary to make things more difficulty.
    This should be considered.

I also hope, that the next changes also include the recipe prices for the planar fishing lures. The loot ist grey, since you countered your bot problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast