+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Liandell
  • 1 Post By Yaros the Hawk
  • 1 Post By Rheven
  • 1 Post By FyrrePower

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we Un-nerf Foraging and Mining now Please?

Default Can we Un-nerf Foraging and Mining now Please?

There was a time in the beginning of nightmare tide when clicking on a foraging or mining node would have a random chance of netting either one thalasiste/sarleaf up to 4 thalasites/sarleafs.

Unannounced in any patch notes, that rate was mysteriously nerfed to only 2 items per forage/mine. That, compounded with the outrageously high cost of new recipes, means you have to either have full minion slots or spend hours a day just gathering mats if you hope to make enough to sell on the AH. This is resulting in a horrible economy where everything is far too expensive plat-wise.

Can we unnerf endgame gathering so it resembles that in the previous tiers, please? These high costs have gone too long unaddressed.

My guess as to why this is the way it is, is due to that you only need to be level 1 in the skill to harvest them. granted you don't have a full chance to get the item, but it is a chance.

Guess they did this so that lvl 10 folks doing IA's could harvest them. And if they went back to 3-4 per harvest/mining/etc. the market would be over-saturated with end game mats from non-endgame characters.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Ascendant

Botting has been responsible for many of these nerfs .... and bots never leave. But yes, it would be nice for those of us 'running around like headless chickens' (or that's what it feels like sometimes) to get some more rewards for the efforts

And yes, afaik the 'availiability' for higher level nodes for low level gatherers seems to have come from some frustrations about not being able to do anything whilst in IA's...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    some frustrations about not being able to do anything whilst in IA's...
    Lol...... what about actually participating in the IA.....?

Pretty pathetic that that question needs to be asked.

Just my 2
    Last edited by Yaros the Hawk; 01-04-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    My guess as to why this is the way it is, is due to that you only need to be level 1 in the skill to harvest them. granted you don't have a full chance to get the item, but it is a chance.

Guess they did this so that lvl 10 folks doing IA's could harvest them. And if they went back to 3-4 per harvest/mining/etc. the market would be over-saturated with end game mats from non-endgame characters.
    If you're below the correct level, you only get 1/node, period. So people on IAs can still gather even if they un-nerf this and it won't end up saturating the game.

I was out harvesting today. I am flooded with hides (always). Have tons of them due to get ting four every time I butcher. As for mining and gathering, it is only ever a max of two of sarleaf or thalasite ore. And I need lots of those. Please consider adjusting.
    Last edited by Rheven; 01-04-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yaros the Hawk View Post

Just my 2
    ... *sigh* of course, one can interpret my response like that. I personally never join any IA without participating. But when you get mobs that can be butchered, it's nice to be able to butcher them even if they're higher level, if only to get them removed from your screen faster. That's what my response was about. Sorry for not elaborating the first time.

Also, the 'running around like headless chickens' didn't refer to IA, it refers to the endless rounds I've ran (and others too) to actually gather stuff for your professions.

And yes, I know there's people who don't do anything AT ALL whilst in an IA, but that's another chapter. I hated it when they took away the possibility to kick someone who was deliberately AFK and such ...

Last edited by Faerugue; 01-05-2016 at 01:55 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I was out harvesting today. I am flooded with hides (always). Have tons of them due to get ting four every time I butcher. As for mining and gathering, it is only ever a max of two of sarleaf or thalasite ore. And I need lots of those. Please consider adjusting.
    With getting more hides, you probably also have outfitter? That's the 'trigger' for that, or rather it was, then it wasn't, then it was said it again was, then it was doubted, double checked and I'm not sure if anybody now knows the actual status...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    With getting more hides, you probably also have outfitter? That's the 'trigger' for that, or rather it was, then it wasn't, then it was said it again was, then it was doubted, double checked and I'm not sure if anybody now knows the actual status...

Actually, Butchering is what gives the ability to skin and get the hides, not Outfitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaros the Hawk View Post

Just my 2
    Gathering should be disabled during IA's unless it's part of the quest.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Danaie View Post
    Actually, Butchering is what gives the ability to skin and get the hides, not Outfitting.
    ... ermm, your point being? I didn't say you got butchering with outfitter, I just stated you *used to get* more hides when you also were an outfitter.... and cloth too - but that was in the past, way way back

Last edited by Faerugue; 01-30-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Gathering should be disabled during IA's unless it's part of the quest.
    In itself that's an idea, but it would probably be a big thing to change it. If it were easy they would probably have done that instead of changing the whole system around ....

while they're at it they can also fix the screwed up mirin/flakewood droprate...

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Just a quick note on this.

Before we implemented the yield system, the original drop rate was RNG 1-3 per harvest, for an average of 2.

Now when you are at an equal skill for the harvest node, you are given a guaranteed 2 with per harvest.

If the current skill cap is raised and your skill were to increase, the harvest multiplier would increase (as it is now when you harvest in a lower skill area) and you would begin seeing more than 2 per harvest.

Hope this helps!

Rift Master

Add the changes to cloth as well. Stupid that I have to combine two cloths to make 1 bolt, but I can make 1 hide into 1 leather. I have tons of leather sitting on pallets in the warehouse in Sanctum, but my workers in Silverwood can't get enough Diaphanous cloth to feed their children.

+ Reply to Thread