+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ral
  • 1 Post By GenjuroK

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Radiant Dream Orbs don't actually offer the "best" stats?

Ral
    Rift Master

Default Radiant Dream Orbs don't actually offer the "best" stats?

Radiant Dreams Orbs claim to offer the "best potential stats of all Dream Orbs", but from experimentation on both live and PTS it appears they fall far short of Blinding Dream Orbs which make the same claim for "best potential stats of all Dream Orbs" but guarantee no Main Stat and Endurance rolls.

From my attempts on PTS and live I have gotten the following table of rolls for T2 Epic Gloves/Belt for Radiant Dream Orbs:
    MainStat or END: 67, 72, 75
    MainStat and AP/SP: 54+24, 61+25, 64+27
    MainStat and END: 54+31, 61+33, 64+34

From the spreadsheet posted on riftgrate the table for the T2 Epic Gloves/Belt for Blinding Dream Orbs is:
    MainStat or END: 75, 77, 82, 85
    MainStat and AP/SP: 54+23, 61+25, 69+29, 72+30

After about a hundred attempts on PTS the values for Radiant Dream Orbs above are the only values I could get and they seem to only have 3 tiers as opposed to the 4 for Blinding. They however fall far short of the Blinding rolls.

Admittedly I am still at the mercy of RNG and may have just not seen the values to the upper bound, but even so that would suggest they have a wider variance then what riftgrate reports which could also be invalid since they still list them as stats from PTS. However I have seen reports on live of them being correct to some degree at least.

So the question is, are the Radiant Dream Orbs intended to give the best stats as the flavor text promises and there is an error in there table of rolls, or are they intended to be much lower and the flavor text describing them is incorrectly copy and pasted from Greater Dream Orbs, or have things changed from PTS to Live and the variance has wildly changed from what is posted by Riftgrate?

At any rate, it seems alot of people may be operating under the assumption that the Radiant and Blinding Dreams Orbs are effectively the same as described which in fact does not seem to be the case.

coy
    Telaran

It's a wrong tooltip, the 2nd best dream orbs don't give BiS stats
    The Riftgrate table shows only the max. possible from the highest dream orbs

Accol discovered the inconsistency when it was on the PTS quite a while back. He's posted a few times about it after that as the PTS updates drew closer to the Live launch of 3.4, asking the devs whether the flavor text is wrong or if the stats are wrong. However, afaik the devs haven't responded.

As you stated, the Radiant dream orbs have different (lower) stats compared to the Blinding, even though their tooltip is the same as Greater dream orbs. I haven't included Radiant dream orb stats in the Dream Orb Stat Sheet as I've been waiting on an answer from the devs as to whether the stats are correct and the tooltip is wrong, or the other way around.
    Last edited by Jonus; 10-14-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Accol discovered the inconsistency when it was on the PTS quite a while back. He's posted a few times about it after that as the PTS updates drew closer to the Live launch of 3.4, asking the devs whether the flavor text is wrong or if the stats are wrong. However, afaik the devs haven't responded.

As you stated, the Radiant dream orbs have different (lower) stats compared to the Blinding, even though their tooltip is the same as Greater dream orbs. I haven't included Radiant dream orb stats in the Dream Orb Stat Sheet as I've been waiting on an answer from the devs as to whether the stats are correct and the tooltip is wrong, or the other way around.

Devs plees read.

Would make sense to have both orbs have the best possible stats, but the Relic version having better RNG. That would bring prices from both motes down a bit and give players some options.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

I bought the Radiant recipe first and used all my death motes and applied them -_-

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Blinding should offer the best stats. If the tool tip is incorrect, this is the first we've heard of it.

We'll look into fixing this.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Okay, the tooltip on the Radiant Dream Orbs has been changed to now read:
    This Dream Orb grants greater stats compared to other Dream Orbs.
    Hope this helps and sorry for the confusion!
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

"This Dream Orb grants greater stats compared to other Dream Orbs."

Blinding should offer the best stats. If the tool tip is incorrect, this is the first we've heard of it.

We'll look into fixing this.
    Still kinda confusing. You said Blinding should offer the best stats..does it? The way it reads on live they both offer the same stats but Blinding won't give the main+endurance option (ie less RNG) Did you mean that Blinding Dream Orbs would have the tooltip changed?
    Last edited by thelarry; 10-15-2015 at 11:28 AM.
    thelarry@greybriar

Yea...now it sounds like Radiant offers the best stats...

Rift Master

Ignoring the wording for a second, having only Blinding offer the best stats means that Terrene Motes become way more valuable than every other mote. By having Radiants have a possibility of offering the best stats, while having lower RNG, at least gave Darkness motes some level of value, evening things out a little bit.

As well, will any compensation be offered to anyone that bought the radiant recipie / crafted radiant dream orbs, etc. when the tool tips were clearly wrong?

Radiant dream orbs still have the incorrect tooltip.

Soulwalker

And what now about us that already bought the recipe based off what the tooltips said? i spend credits to buy this and now need to spend more credits to buy the correct bis one

+ Reply to Thread